IGNORED

What's the rarest Atari game you have?

pojr

If we're including Bomb carts, I suppose my complete boxed Bomb double pack (DCII) would count... but I don't know how rare that is....
Rare enough to mention here.

BTW: is this one yours, Wonder?

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...amp;NUM_IMAGE=0

8)

No, that one is not mine. I do have one that says "Demons EPROM Cartridge"....not sure if is the same one. That Demon Attack cart looks nice, especially if the game is the Imagic version. @Romhunter, I WONDER if the cart you are showing me is really a Demons to Diamonds cart.

That whould be mine. I guess that's my rarest cart. :?:

But which game is it?

Demon Attack from Imagic?

Or Demons to Diamonds from Atari?

8)

If we're including Bomb carts, I suppose my complete boxed Bomb double pack (DCII) would count... but I don't know how rare that is....
Rare enough to mention here.

BTW: is this one yours, Wonder?

http://www.atarimania.com/zoom_frame.php?T...amp;NUM_IMAGE=0

8)

No, that one is not mine. I do have one that says "Demons EPROM Cartridge"....not sure if is the same one. That Demon Attack cart looks nice, especially if the game is the Imagic version. @Romhunter, I WONDER if the cart you are showing me is really a Demons to Diamonds cart.

That whould be mine. I guess that's my rarest cart. :?:

But which game is it?

Demon Attack from Imagic?

Or Demons to Diamonds from Atari?

8)

It's Demon Attack from Imagic of course. Rob Fulop worked for Atari before he worked for Imagic. It seems this may be when he moved on to Imagic and may have tried to "sell" one of his games back to Atari. He may have worked on it at both companies. I haven't figured it out yet.

It's Demon Attack from Imagic of course. Rob Fulop worked for Atari before he worked for Imagic. It seems this may be when he moved on to Imagic and may have tried to "sell" one of his games back to Atari. He may have worked on it at both companies. I haven't figured it out yet.

Why not just email or PM him? I'm sure he would be the best one to ask.

Would be interesting to know.

Btw: do you have a better scan of it?

8)

• 2 months later...
I added RIVER PATROL to my collection today. And considering that I'll most likely never have a rarity 10, (save for maybe Music Machine - which will cost me less actually) this one is my personal holy grail.

And it's not that much of a game if you ask me. The game play is somewhat frustrating.

Gotta love the music. :music:

I added RIVER PATROL to my collection today. And considering that I'll most likely never have a rarity 10, (save for maybe Music Machine - which will cost me less actually) this one is my personal holy grail.

And it's not that much of a game if you ask me. The game play is somewhat frustrating.

Gotta love the music. :music:

Oye...

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are my best carts

R9

Waterworld

Q berts Qubes

Bumper Bash

R8

Crazy Climber

Chase the Chuckwagon

Gas Hog

Master Builder

R7

Obelix

Xenophobe(Sealed)

Wall ball

Stargunner

Motocross Racer

Video cube

R6

Road Runner

dice puzzle

Pengo

James Bond 007

Ghost manor

Is Waterworld really a R9? I know for a fact there were tons of those in the toy stores in SI, NY in 1985. I bought one (probably in Kay Bee or Toys R Us, the two main stores I got 2600 games in at the time) that I still have to this day.

Here are my best carts

R9

Waterworld

Q berts Qubes

Bumper Bash

R8

Crazy Climber

Chase the Chuckwagon

Gas Hog

Master Builder

R7

Obelix

Xenophobe(Sealed)

Wall ball

Stargunner

Motocross Racer

Video cube

R6

Road Runner

dice puzzle

Pengo

James Bond 007

Ghost manor

Is Waterworld really a R9? I know for a fact there were tons of those in the toy stores in SI, NY in 1985. I bought one (probably in Kay Bee or Toys R Us, the two main stores I got 2600 games in at the time) that I still have to this day.

Over in the Rarity Guide Forum, most of the talk seems to feel that SQ:WW is an 8. Just do a search for NTSC Rarity Guide and you will find threads for R8s, 9s, and 10s.

Here are my best carts

R9

Waterworld

Q berts Qubes

Bumper Bash

R8

Crazy Climber

Chase the Chuckwagon

Gas Hog

Master Builder

R7

Obelix

Xenophobe(Sealed)

Wall ball

Stargunner

Motocross Racer

Video cube

R6

Road Runner

dice puzzle

Pengo

James Bond 007

Ghost manor

I thought Waterworld was only available through the Atari club.

It was originally then when they couldn't sell them all, they were available for a short time in retail outlets

It was probably one of those games rarer by location. In major cities like mine, it was not rare at all. In small towns, it probably didn't appear at all. It just came out at a time when no one was buying video games except a short few. I remember looking for Airworld in 1985 and 1986, with no luck. It wasn't until around 1991 that I found out it was canceled. :(