IGNORED

The Ugliest Looking Game System Ever!

This looks as bad as the NES:

Game_System_C64.jpg

fuck that, that thing is BEAUTIFUL.. man, wanna sell it? :cool:

i was browsing through e-bay and found this!!!

picture of radio shack monstrosity

the description in the ad says:

"Here we have a really neat looking video game system by Radio Shack. It has three games built into it that run on the same lines as the old Pong game. You can play tennis,hockey or handball. One or two players can play"

looks really ghetto...

those controller sticks are awesome, sorta like a wiimote haha.

Edited by Mark_Wolfe
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I know this is getting old, but today I saw a original version of the Nokia N-Gage today from a friend of mine.

DAMN!! That is worse then the Magnavox Odyssey I put down. Now I take it back.

For the new members who missed posting, what do you believe was the ugliest system ever?

Anthony....

U.S. SNES

Nintendo DS Phat

3DO

CDI

Sega Nomad

Xbox 360

Atari 5200.

What!? Ok, people in this thread are officially fucking ridiculous. Genesis, TG16 and NES are ugly? Yeah, SNES is kind of a bad design, but it isn't ugly per se. But If the SNES is considered "ugly", then lots of systems previous to the NES are super fugly. 5200, coleco, 7800, etc. Yeah, this thread is ridiculous.

anything by atari

:?

Atari had some great industrial designers and came up with some nice-looking systems. They may not look like modern consoles, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they look bad. I particularly like the sleek 7800, which is functional without being cluttered. On the other hand, the Atari Jaguar with its JagCD add-on does indeed look like a toilet bowl.

As for the ugliest game system, I'd have to nominate the original Sega Master System. With its weird trapezoidal case design, its dull red-on-black color scheme, the ugly flowchart on the front, the awkward combination of cartridge and memory card slots, the uninspired game packaging and cartridge label designs, and the uncomfortable controllers, it was a design that just didn't work.

Of the consoles I own or have seen in person, I gotta say: the XBox has got to be the ugliest. Its a large chunk of plastic with a big "X" on the top. Barf. The 360 doesn't fare much better looking like a tower PC with a non-infringing Coke bottle curve.

The SuperNES could have used less right-angles but otherwise I like the symmetry of the system.

And calling the 7800 ugly while not citing the 5200 as ugly? They are nearly identical (and they're both slick looking, I might add :P ).

Ditto on the 360! almost as ugly as the original xbox!

Nes wasnt very nice looking but not really ugly,just plain.

The original gameboy was pretty ugly IMHO

I think the Kee Games 2600 console wins hands down. It hurts my eyes to even look at... Thank god it was only a prototype.

kee_2600.jpg

Tempest

:o ewwww, that's the most gaudy system I've ever seen. Did the designers have no sense of fasion?

The black Game Boy looks like a stupid cinder block.

The original Genesis just looks kinda dumb. However, the 2 and 3 are HOT. 8)

The original PlayStation looks really bland.

DS Phat is just plain ugly.

Atari 400 looks like a backwards pickup truck

The Lynx I is way too big, and the gray color doesn't compliment it very well.

SNES looks very boring.

Sega Nomad just looks wrong.

Any transparent portable automatically looks hideous. I actually refuse to buy those atomic purple Game Boy Colors/Advances I see everywhere for cheap.

That's all I've seen so far.

Edited by 4Ks

I like my transparent gbc, I like computers' innards.

The absolute wierdest/ugliest console is the N64. The front is wider than the back, and it has these large feet things. The controller is ugly, but functional with plenty of buttons to push. No end labels (I used some masking tape to fix this).

Speaking of transparent things, why do the n64 a-sticks (sounds wrong) give out?! Now I can't use my see-through purple controller to match my gbc...

Hi guys,

One person I heard said the Turbo-Duo was ugly. I said its debatable. The design was slick & cool looking. But the material was cheap and gritty.

Anthony....

Anyone that told you that is either messing with you, or are complete frick'n idiots. The Duo isn't ugly by any stretch of the imagination. Unless tasteless designs are your thing.

Can we include home console computers too? Like the A8's and C64s?

If you mean the original white/red Famicom system - yes, it was horridly ugly. The RCA Studio was certainly not a pretty system either.

The Atari Jag alone looked fine, but with the CDROM put ontop it looked like a space-age toilet.

Curt

I also thought the odyssey was ugly, but the NES console I always thought was ugly. couldn't they have done something other than a box?