IGNORED

EPROM Cart

eric_ruck

Mitch has got the right answer. The board should work with non-pokey that are 32k or smaller.

are you trying to use EPROMs? If your board is exactly like cpuwiz you will need to add a hex inverter, 74LS04, into U2. And I beleive jumper (W3) should be open. I added a switch to mine at W3 so that I could go back and forth between the masked ROM and the EPROM. It's been a while since I fiddled with that cart though.

Mitch has got the right answer. The board should work with non-pokey that are 32k or smaller.

are you trying to use EPROMs? If your board is exactly like cpuwiz you will need to add a hex inverter, 74LS04, into U2. And I beleive jumper (W3) should be open. I added a switch to mine at W3 so that I could go back and forth between the masked ROM and the EPROM. It's been a while since I fiddled with that cart though.

My board looks just like the one pictured above. I have a Ball Blazer ROM in it that works great. I have a few mystery EPROMs which don't work, but that could be because there's nothing on them. I don't know.

Any ideas?

@Eric

I got the same thing from that ebay seller, staceymama?...or something like that. Anyhow, I read the EPROMs with my burner and it's just garbage...maybe at one time it was working game cade, but with the windows open like that, it just woulnn't survive. Iif your trying to use EPROMs make sure you install the Hex inverter at U2. They won't work with out it.

Also, if it was used for protoype testing, it semmed strange to me that some of the boards did not already have the Hex inverter installed, or at least the socket to put one in. :?

@Mitch

I ended making an adapter board for the supercart board and that is the only board I use now for EPROMs. It sure makes testing some of those 128k ROMs a lot easier. :D