IGNORED

Chase The Chuckwagon BOXED!

ninermaniac

$500 ISN'T ENOUGH!!!!!

It should be more like $18000.00, no?

Stop that! You are screwing up the auction with this statement! :roll:

You don't believe me do you. For instance look at Pitbulls post in this thread. After Pitbull chimed in how it was going to go for "way more" than $500, he got a few responses that he was wrong and that it probably won't even get $500. The only thing he did not do was back up his argument. If he did then there would of been a full on "Backlash effect". I doubt that 3 different people would of said anything about how this game is less than $500 had he not said anything.

$500 ISN'T ENOUGH!!!!!

It should be more like $18000.00, no?

Stop that! You are screwing up the auction with this statement! :roll:

You don't believe me do you. For instance look at Pitbulls post in this thread. After Pitbull chimed in how it was going to go for "way more" than $500, he got a few responses that he was wrong and that it probably won't even get $500. The only thing he did not do was back up his argument. If he did then there would of been a full on "Backlash effect". I doubt that 3 different people would of said anything about how this game is less than $500 had he not said anything.

Homer you are a dead loss.............. ;)

If he did then there would of been a full on "Backlash effect".

...would've been a full on backlash...

I doubt that 3 different people would of said anything...

...would've said anything...

God, that drives me nuts. :!:

Nobody reading this thread, and in their right mind, would fork over $500+ to a seller like this for a CIB CTCW.

Indeed. Nothing that is said or done here will affect this auction much. If someone decides to go for it against their better judgement, so be it.

<HiJackThread>

I have one that is loose... what is the value do you think? I forget where I got it. Pretty good shape, I would say 7/8 out of 10 cosmetically.

</HiJackThread>

Between $100 - $120 in flawless condition.

<HiJackThread>

I have one that is loose... what is the value do you think? I forget where I got it. Pretty good shape, I would say 7/8 out of 10 cosmetically.

</HiJackThread>

$50 in my opinion

You're right there in the ballpark.

Pretty big ballpark.... :D

<HiJackThread>

</HiJackThread>

<HiJackThread>

</HiJackThread>

$50 in my opinion

This game definitely has one of the more varied prices I have ever seen. One day it sells for $50 or $60 than another day it could sell for $149. I have seen that happen a couple of times with this game. So anyone's guess is as good as mine as what it's worth on a given day.

<HiJackThread>

</HiJackThread>

<HiJackThread>

</HiJackThread>

$50 in my opinion

This game definitely has one of the more varied prices I have ever seen. One day it sells for $50 or $60 than another day it could sell for $149. I have seen that happen a couple of times with this game. So anyone's guess is as good as mine as what it's worth on a given day.

I just sold one for $50 shipped. It was probably worth $60 I guess but $50 seems like a better price :)

You could say that about any cart though. Pacman carts typically sell for 50c to $1. Occasionally they sell for $15. You wouldn't therefore say its value os between $5 and $10...

CTCW loose is definately not worth between $100 and $150. Its a $40-60 cart.

As I would have expected, no bids at $500.

My latest eBay pet peeve:

Auctions priced way too high to sell realistically, seller hoping to win the lottery on their item. This auction isn't so much of an example, as it's priced at the upper limits for the item. Happens mostly on cheap listings weeks.

If you have a really good item, there's all the more impetus to start it at 1 cent. People go crazier bidding than BIN'ing usually. When you have something random but rare (like certain imports or low desirability items), you do have to protect yourself more. Chuckwagon is not random at all.

If you have a really good item, there's all the more impetus to start it at 1 cent. People go crazier bidding than BIN'ing usually. When you have something random but rare (like certain imports or low desirability items), you do have to protect yourself more. Chuckwagon is not random at all.

Indeed. Unfortuntely, some sellers are just too greedy and aren't smart enough to understand the bidder mentality. It helps to have a bidding process not only because people get caught up in the frenzy and bid higher than they had originally planned, but it also helps to simply have bids on an item. It shows that there is interest and also gets people to bid by imposing a sense of urgency that the item will sell. The last thing you want is a high priced item sitting with no bids. Everyone just sits back and watches, waiting to see if someone else bids.

Chuck Wagon for over $1000? Doubtful. Boxed copies have been selling in the $300-$500 range. Last one (missing instruction sheet) sold about 4 months back for around $350, IIRC.

I won a boxed Chase The Chuck Wagon for $320.82 on ebay in November 2007. That very same day I also won a boxed Glib for $218.49 with free shipping on that one. The CTCW seller e-mailed me after the auction and told me he found the instruction sheet tucked inside the box and luckily he did include them even though they were not pictured in the auction.

Right after I won the boxed Glib auction another seller listed one at $399.99 in his ebay store. It has been in his store for about 4 months now but still hasn't sold.

I was outbid on Chase The Chuck Wagon several times in the past before I finally scored that one. But that was my first try at a boxed Glib and it did go alot lower than I had expected.

Matt A.