IGNORED

Video Game shops in your town that sell Atari 2600

slosu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
This may be a little off topic,but I hate how thrift shops and maybe some game shops sell games in packs of 2,one semi-rare,rare game, and 1 common as dirt one,and sell them for like $5-6 a pack.The stores around here are starting to do that more and more.I bought one with Montezuma's revenge,which is considered one of the beest games for the 2600,and in the same package...2600 PAC-MAN!,both in pack for $5.99

I would have been happy to pick up a copy of Montezuma's Revenge for $5.99! Then I would have given the Pac-Man to Goodwill :-D

Videogames (formerly Videogames Etc.) in Norridge, Illinois, across from the HIP...that's Sean Kelly's store...great selection, very reasonable prices...LOTS of systems, too!

Aaaaaand...there's a nice store by where Inky lives...called Replay, I think....great selection, good prices...and of course Colecovision carts misfiled as Atari 2600!

I'm a fellow Chicagoan, and I just recently found Videogames in Norridge. After never finding anything in the wild, it was a thrill to go somewhere close to purchase BOXED 2600 carts! It was a neon Atari sign in the window that drew me in as I was driving by. I love it. I had no idea that Sean Kelly was the owner. I assume he's still active around the classic gaming world, here, right? I first bumped into him when I bought some stuff back in 1997, when I was re-energized about the 2600 in college.

And where is this Replay place? Near Chicago?

none. any fellow long islanders feel my pain and sadness? :( there used to be a place in the melville levitown area but they dont have them anymore. overpriced and all commons anyway. So the only time i get new additions to my collection is when i hear ebay calling my name.

About six blocks from my apartment sits a wonderful, little game shop called Gaming Generations. It's owned by a young guy, about my age, and they stock a LOT of classic goodies. Luckily for me, they often aren't aware of how to price some of the older things, and I often get calls, asking me if I'm interested in whatever box of classic-randomness that's come in.

They price things really well, especially new items. I hope it can stay afloat. Other than that, there's a ::shudder:: GameStop....::pukes::...

• 8 months later...

We just got a Play n Trade in the Chattanooga/East Ridge, Tennessee area,

near our big movie theater.

They stock everything. I was quite excited to pick up Radar Lock and a white Coleco Venture for the 2600, for under $4.00.

Some of the 2600 carts were 99 cents, many in the 2-3 dollar range, and a few were up into the teens.

They even had a few 8-bit carts for the 400/800/xl/xe line.

I hope they stick around. We've had 4 classic game shops in this area go out of business.