IGNORED

Video Game shops in your town that sell Atari 2600

slosu

Where do you buy your Atari games??? What is the name of the stores (ebay don't count)? I just came back from Big Fun in Coventry. It's been a while since I've been there and I must say I was impressed with what they had! I picked up a couple of games decently priced!

North East Ohio

Big Fun (Coventry)

Video Game Connection (Brooklyn)

Fun City (Parma)

Slipped Disks (Brunswick)

*Anybody know of any others??

Steve

http://www.xanga.com/Atari_Man

Edited by slosu

If you're in Ohio where do you buy your Atari games??? What is the name of the stores (ebay don't count)? I just came back from Big Fun in Coventry. It's been a while since I've been there and I must say I was impressed with what they had! I picked up a couple of games decently priced!

North East Ohio

Big Fun (Coventry)

Fun City (Parma)

Steve

Gamers in Omaha, NE sells used Atari games.

If you're in Ohio where do you buy your Atari games??? What is the name of the stores (ebay don't count)? I just came back from Big Fun in Coventry. It's been a while since I've been there and I must say I was impressed with what they had! I picked up a couple of games decently priced!

North East Ohio

Big Fun (Coventry)

Fun City (Parma)

Steve

Here in southeast texas we only have 1 shop that sells atari games and they got all of them from me. I traded them in hoping others would see them and trade theirs in but no such luck. They did get a bunch of intelli games a while back but I don't collect those.

Only places around Dover, OH for me have been the flea markets and even that is getting scarce. Also, I work alot of weekends when they are open! I too an curious about gaming shops in the region that I could go look through during the week. Today I looked at a Nintedo Wii, but was wanting Atari. :ponder:

I live in Ohio, I haven't been here in a couple years, but everytime I do go I find everything I'm looking for. It's been at least a year though.....

Trader's World, in Beavercreek Ohio. If that fails, Turtle Creek is very close to it, so check there too! As usual with flea-markets, beware of redneck dumbfucks, fat-ladies that walk slow with baby carriages and nig-wannabe white boys. You might have to fight for what you want! :D Last time I was there, a redneck stupidfuck walked into the gameshop I was in and says "Hey HELL YEAH!" to his other equally dumbfuck friend. "Remember that Asteriods MAN? I UsED TO PLAY that Asteriods MAN!" the other dumbshit replied with the mind-numbing response "Is that on that PLS 2 thingamajig?"

In translation I think that means: "Asteriods was a good game, man." "Yeah, On the PS2?"

North East Ohio

Big Fun (Coventry)

Fun City (Parma)

Steve

Where I am from, pawn shops and Goodwill are my best targets.

None here.The states has alot of cool stores,especially California.Here in Canada,everything is NEW,and have to pay through the nose for everything for stuff like classic gaming software and hardware,because you have to order almost everything from the states.Stores here are mostly into selling the newest modern stuff.I understand that they want to sell the top selling new stuff that people want,but none cater to the people who like classic stuff at all.No reason why a store cant have both.I would,not because im into classic games,but i realise there's quite a market for that stuff and can be fairly profitable.

There is a few here in MN.

Disc Land has a nice selection of sun faded overpriced commons

Ceder Cliff Collectibles actually has some decent stuff but he knows what it's worth and then ads 20%-50% if you know what I mean. If you ask he will usually lower the price for you to around the going Ebay rate but the initial sticker shock will scare you. The first time I went there I freaked because he had all the rare stuff mixed in with the commons so I thought I found a Q-Berts Cubes, Master Builder, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween and many more IN THE WILD!! OMG! My day had finally come....then I flipped them over and saw the prices....

Q Berts Qubes - $125 with a badly torn label

TCM - $200

Master Builder - $100 (Bad Label)

Halloween $150 (no label)

Not to mention the uncommons like Mr do!, Miner 2049er, etc.. all priced around $20-$30 loose....lame :(

Still cool to see that stuff at a local store though :cool: and like I said he will work with you on price. He just pulls up recent Ebay auctions and takes it from there.

Where do you buy your Atari games??? What is the name of the stores (ebay don't count)? I just came back from Big Fun in Coventry. It's been a while since I've been there and I must say I was impressed with what they had! I picked up a couple of games decently priced!

North East Ohio

Big Fun (Coventry)

Fun City (Parma)

Steve

Do they also sell kielbasy as well?

Games-N-More in Westwood, Ky. Games Are usually priced @ $2 for loose and $4 for boxed. Some names I've gotten from there. Waterworld, Pengo, Mr. Do!s Castle, Frogger II, Rubik's Cube, Video Cube, and more but my personal favorite for this place Halloween CIB. Keep in mind I never paid more than his usual prices. Now there is alot of R4 and below games there. I saw Star Ship, Taz, and Strawberry Shortcake last time I was there. I could pick that up for someone if they just pay the shipping of $5. I do think that the screwhole in the label is exposed on Star Ship but I think that was it. He has I would say over 400 games still there. I believe I am the only one in my area that collects Atari stuff besides my neighbor. :cool:

Edited by ninermaniac

Game X Change and Vintage Stock are our 2600 dealing chains. I'm sure there are a few other places here and there, but those are the main ones. Between the two chains, there are about ten stores available. Vintage Stock has rarer stuff, but higher prices.

I've found a couple of Atar games here and there at the Goodwill/Thrift Stores, but there aren't any video game shops in DE that sell Atari, unfortunately. :( However there are two stores in New Jersey (only about 2 hours away from Northern DE) that sell Atari games:

Digital Press

Video Game Connections

There might be others, but those are the only 2 I know of at this time.

I've found a couple of Atar games here and there at the Goodwill/Thrift Stores, but there aren't any video game shops in DE that sell Atari, unfortunately. :( However there are two stores in New Jersey (only about 2 hours away from Northern DE) that sell Atari games:

Digital Press

Video Game Connections

Didn't Video Game Connections close down years ago? I could have sworn Mike Etler now just runs a flea market and mail order business from the website.

Digital Press

Video Game Connections

Didn't Video Game Connections close down years ago? I could have sworn Mike Etler now just runs a flea market and mail order business from the website.

I stand corrected. I just saw the website up still but I didn't read that they had closed the store. Thank you for clarifying this. :)

Videogames (formerly Videogames Etc.) in Norridge, Illinois, across from the HIP...that's Sean Kelly's store...great selection, very reasonable prices...LOTS of systems, too!

In the Lakeview neighborhood in Chicago, just on the edge of Boys Town, there's a store called Land of the Lost...it's a general retro store that sells mainly clothing but also old books and records....they used to have a ton of VCS carts inside a glass case at the checkout counter -- a few boxed (some never opened) but mostly loose, for $4 a pop (although once when I was there the guy didn't know what the price was, so he said, "Is two bucks each okay?")...one day I went there...and they were ALL GONE!! And in the case was a slew of women's shoes! The guy there told me some collector came in and bought ALL of the Atari stuff....

Aaaaaand...there's a nice store by where Inky lives...called Replay, I think....great selection, good prices...and of course Colecovision carts misfiled as Atari 2600!

Edited by Dauber

None here.The states has alot of cool stores,especially California.Here in Canada,everything is NEW,and have to pay through the nose for everything for stuff like classic gaming software and hardware,because you have to order almost everything from the states.Stores here are mostly into selling the newest modern stuff.I understand that they want to sell the top selling new stuff that people want,but none cater to the people who like classic stuff at all.No reason why a store cant have both.I would,not because im into classic games,but i realise there's quite a market for that stuff and can be fairly profitable.

I don't know where you live Rik but here there are atleast 2 Stores from a local chain called Nexwave. I live in walking distance from one of them. But other than those there are a couple of goodwills and pawn shops plus the fleamarkets but in most cases i have cleared them out or the stuff is way too expensive. On way or another though there usually is a ton of old stuff here.

I don't know where you live Rik but here there are atleast 2 Stores from a local chain called Nexwave. I live in walking distance from one of them. But other than those there are a couple of goodwills and pawn shops plus the fleamarkets but in most cases i have cleared them out or the stuff is way too expensive. On way or another though there usually is a ton of old stuff here.

Yeah,theres goodwills and value villages here as well,but they have been literaly dried up for the past 7-8 months.I meant like specialty shops,that sell lots of classic gaming stuff,and of course the new modern stuff as well in one shop, exclusively.There is one small shop here that used to sell classic games,but dont anymore,the rest just sell,wii,playstations,xbox,and all other modern stuff.