IGNORED

Will We Ever See a Re-Release of Painter?

Atari Smeghead

Painter CD for Jaguar  

65 members have voted

1. 1. If Painter CD for Jaguar is ever re-released, would you buy it?

• Yes, if the price is right ($25-35 or so)
    • Yes, no matter the price
    • No, this type of game doesn't interest me
  2. 2. Would you care if the CD is encrypted?

• Yes, it must be encrypted
    • No, I can play an unencrypted CD with my Protector SE or BSG cart, etc

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Payment sent!! :D

I can't wait to play this game again! I've been jonesing ever since my CD version crapped out years ago.

Omf, any idea as to when you will be sending these carts out in the post?

Thanks again for releasing it!

Cheers,

Smeg

Payment sent!! :D

I can't wait to play this game again! I've been jonesing ever since my CD version crapped out years ago.

Omf, any idea as to when you will be sending these carts out in the post?

Thanks again for releasing it!

Cheers,

Smeg

i bag full of cartridges will go to the post office tuesday

unfortunatly tuesday is the only real time i can get any where near a post office

Tweety, I am sorry for being a dickhead over the early sale of one Special Edition Painter cartridge.

No problem noel, in some cases you were right, and I felt bad for my actions the whole next day, it teaches me not to follow my emotions right away and calmly read the posts.

Paul. (Tweety)

Also send you a pm.

Tweety, I am sorry for being a dickhead over the early sale of one Special Edition Painter cartridge.

No problem noel, in some cases you were right, and I felt bad for my actions the whole next day, it teaches me not to follow my emotions right away and calmly read the posts.

Paul. (Tweety)

Also send you a pm.

I was like a little kid that doesn't share his toys and can't play nice with others. :( :P I was bitching about someone else selling something of theirs (omf selling a cartridge!) and it was not mine to sell or decide who to sell it to. :roll:

Oh well, lesson learned.....time to grow up for me and get better priorities than Jaguar all the time. :)

I sent you a return PM tweety, and hopefully we should be cool now. :cool:

Enjoy your painter SE cart! I got one too! :D so there was no reason for me to trip-out over this like I did. Life is more than video games.

noel,

No hard feelings on my part.....Its just when i saw it was being released i just went crazy happy and skipped a bunch of posts...All is good between us...

Fred

Thanks! - glad you don't hold a grudge.;) I hope you enjoy your painter SE cart also :D. I will be looking forward to playing it too, and talking about it here with you guys. This is a really cool release for the Jaguar and I fully understand the excitement. :)

I got mine today!! :D

I like everything about it... great music, nice box with instructions and even an overlay, intriguing levels... maddening levels :x ... I had forgotten how much I both enjoyed this game and simulatneuosly wanted to toss the controller across the room in frustration.

I played for around an hour, got up to level 13.

Thanks for making this re-release! After years of disappointment (I'm the guy who's CD version stopped working), I can once again play Painter!

Thanks Omf!! Thanks to everyone else involved in this release!! :D

Cheers,

Smeg

I got mine today!! :D

I like everything about it... great music, nice box with instructions and even an overlay, intriguing levels... maddening levels :x ... I had forgotten how much I both enjoyed this game and simulatneuosly wanted to toss the controller across the room in frustration.

I played for around an hour, got up to level 13.

Thanks for making this re-release! After years of disappointment (I'm the guy who's CD version stopped working), I can once again play Painter!

Thanks Omf!! Thanks to everyone else involved in this release!! :D

Cheers,

Smeg

Mine came in today too! :D for the life of me I can't recall my passwords for my own levels! :ponder: D'oh!

[Mine came in today too! :D for the life of me I can't recall my passwords for my own levels! :ponder: D'oh!

Ha ha - you'll hafta play through 'em like the rest of us! :P

So Walter, which levels did you create?

Say, other than passwords, is there a way to jump to a specific set of levels? I recall, on the Jagfest CD, I used to be able to play the Jagfest levels independently of the regular levels.

Cheers,

Smeg

[Mine came in today too! :D for the life of me I can't recall my passwords for my own levels! :ponder: D'oh!

Ha ha - you'll hafta play through 'em like the rest of us! :P

So Walter, which levels did you create?

Say, other than passwords, is there a way to jump to a specific set of levels? I recall, on the Jagfest CD, I used to be able to play the Jagfest levels independently of the regular levels.

Cheers,

Smeg

The levels I made is a theme. Tip "10-77" ;)

There are some passwords printed on the cartridgelabel, maybe you can try these :)

Oh my goodness... you're right, there are passwords written on the label. Lordy, my 40 year old eyeballs can't even focus tightly enough to see those passwords. Where's my magnifying glass?... :D

Thanks!

The levels I made is a theme. Tip "10-77"

I'll keep an (old) eyeball peeled. All I know right now is, I am growing to hate level 12. It's not "easy." :D

Cheers,

Smeg

I played PAINTER for about an hour last night. It is a great little puzzle game. The graphics could definitely have more 'flash' to them, but the gameplay is solid.

I hope you guys can make more copies of this cart available on a regular basis for other Jag fans. The Jaguar needs more good games!

• 3 weeks later...

i have now received my package from B&C with a large number of cartridge parts.

if you would like a copy of this game email me using the following email address: boggyb(at)ntlworld.com stating which version of the game you would like (please note i will only produce upto an additional 10 special edition versions)

first come first served on the special edition extra 10.

all cartridges from now on will be made to order as i dont want leftover stock sitting arround. i will be looking at a maximum of about 2/3 games per week, trying to send 15 packages in the post all at once was a bit much i think.

special edition cost £40

non special edition cost £30

postage will be as before:

usa £5

europe £3

there will be a delay of 1 week before i can start any cartridges due to the fact i am on holiday at the moment and dont have access to the laser copier to make manuals and boxes etc