IGNORED

Will We Ever See a Re-Release of Painter?

Atari Smeghead

Painter CD for Jaguar  

65 members have voted

1. 1. If Painter CD for Jaguar is ever re-released, would you buy it?

• Yes, if the price is right ($25-35 or so)
    • Yes, no matter the price
    • No, this type of game doesn't interest me
  2. 2. Would you care if the CD is encrypted?

• Yes, it must be encrypted
    • No, I can play an unencrypted CD with my Protector SE or BSG cart, etc

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

we are very close to a release now

i hope to make the final touches to the main binary this weekend and start making cartridges next

we have fixed several nagging bugs in Gordons code and added an 'egg'

more news soon

Yay!

• 1 month later...
I can't wait to see this one I've made some levels :D for this Re-Release of Painter.

me too, since he's using my Box art and manual design :D

Hmmm, what was wrong with the box art I did for the original release?

Cheers,

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys Thursday (19/06/08) is the day!!!

At 9pm Thursday night (GMT+0) (UK Time) painter special edition orders will be accepted.

Only a limited quantity of these exist so whoever needs / wants one (one per person for special edition) needs to act fast

The special edition game will be limited to 20 - 25 copies (numbered on cartridge label and on the game title screen)

Due to the freebies I sent out for licensing / help with coding etc there are only 15 remaining (congrats to these select few).

If there is demand to consume these 15 and people require it i will produce another 5 to cover these 5 that have been shipped.

After this it will be standard versions only.

After this initial batch of 15 has gone, some time may pass before I can make any more. This is due to the fact I have no more parts and need to order a rather heavy and costly package of parts from B&C before I can consider making any more carts.

Prices are as follows and should be paid in GBP (if you pay by some other currency I will not accept it as an order and refund your money):

Special edition game: £40

Postage to usa: £5

Postage to uk / Europe £3

Due to the fact I don’t get out much to get to the bank, its paypal or internet banking transfer only this time I am afraid.

Paypal Payment should be sent to

boggyb

(at)

ntlworld

.com

(Apologies for anti spam bot measures)

If you want to pay by internet banking transfer, email me at the above address and I will reserve the next consecutive number for you for 1 week pending the receipt of payment. If I do not receive any payment by this time your copy of painter will be offered to someone else.

Please include your full address (including FULL state if you are in the states and not the two letter abbreviation, likewise with any abbreviations in other countries. I have been told off for using this in the post office before now and want this to go as smoothly as possible) when you send payment via paypal

Cartridges will be first come first served, no special treatment for the remaining carts.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

I would only care if the original people released it, otherwise that is a cop off. Another thing is the cheap usage of the DVD case.

this is no cop off, i have the full blessing of the program creator. this is not a cd release, it is a cartridge and contains over 280 levels, new music and some new sound effects.

as you know, cartridges will not fit in a cd case....

also some bugs have been fixed.

I can't wait to see this one I've made some levels :D for this Re-Release of Painter.

me too, since he's using my Box art and manual design :D

Hmmm, what was wrong with the box art I did for the original release?

Cheers,

Ben

nothing is wrong with your boxart. in fact it is better than what i probably could have done.

it is however a dvd case insert and i needed a box for the cartridge release, i dont come over to this forum much so didn't realize. i did ask if anyone would be willing to make a box over at js2 and EmOneGarand stepped up for the challenge, so i simply took him up on his offer. if i recall he was the only one who was interested really at the time.

im guessing you don't go to js2 much either so we are in the same boat??

what site will we be able to order from? Is there a link so i can pre=order?

I definatly want 2 copies if i can get them on cart and 2 copies on cd....

Fred

due to the limited amount of these available i would have to say 1 copy to start with, then if there are spairs then you can purchase another special edition or simply put in your requirement for a standard one which will be made to order when parts from b&c are fourthcomming

That is fine for now just as long as i get my one copy on cart....What is the website were we can order from?

no website, just send payment to the address in the above post on thursday 19/06/08 at or soon after 9pm uk time

Edited by omf

My payment was send a few hours ago, I also send you an e-mail just to be sure. Whoehoo! I'm getting Painter! :D

i have it.

i would have prefered you wait until thursday at 9pm uk time, but i will honour your order previous to this date / time on this ocasion.

could anyone else please wait until thursday, it will then be as fair as possible.

thanks

Well guys Thursday (19/06/08) is the day!!!

At 9pm Thursday night (GMT+0) (UK Time) painter special edition orders will be accepted.

Makin' us jump through some hoops to get this, I see! :D First, I have to do the time zone math to figure out when to send payment. (Why can't we just send payment now, anyway?)

Then I have to do the money math to figure out how much of my US Dollars to send as GBP.

Okay.. carry the two... Well, I think I'll be at work at 9pm GBP time, but should be home soonish thereafter.

Since I'm the one who asked about Painter by starting this thread in the first place, you KNOW I want a copy! Please keep that in mind, (please please!!!) and I'll send the payment ASAP once I get home Thursday.

Thanks for re-releasing it!

Cheers,

Smeg

How much is it in US Dollars with shiping? Can i pay by paypal?
I realize that the re-release of Painter might be exciting for you but you might want to try actually reading whole posts and not just the first line or two as it will save you wasting time (both yours and others) while asking questions which have already been answered.

Post#30 clearly indicates that the release is a cartridge and initially limited to 1 per person and yet in an a previous post you asked for more than one and some on CD!

Post #30 clearly states the price of the cartridge and shipping so just add the two together. As for finding the Dollar amount there are plenty of online currenty converters (do a search) but usually two Dollars to one Pound will give a reasonably accurate guide.

Post #30 also states the e-mail address to use for making PayPal payments (in UK Pounds) so yes you can use PayPal :roll:

what site will we be able to order from? Is there a link so i can pre=order?

I definatly want 2 copies if i can get them on cart and 2 copies on cd....

Fred

That is fine for now just as long as i get my one copy on cart....What is the website were we can order from?

How much is it in US Dollars with shiping? Can i pay by paypal?

Fred :roll:,....Jeeze!,... you need to learn to frackin' read man!!!! :P and learn how to use a search engine and realize that paypal automatically converts dollars into pounds for you. Ever hear of the expression; "think (and read) before you speak?" I'm happy about this too, and have asked stupid questions before also, but I learned to "listen" and have reading comprehension as they are very very important skills to have, and can greatly help one to speak and write knowledgably so that people don't get the wrong idea about you as soon as you open your mouth.

@ don't be offended,... I'm really just trying to help you here. :)

My payment was send a few hours ago, I also send you an e-mail just to be sure. Whoehoo! I'm getting Painter! :D

Thursday (19/06/08) is the day!!!

@ Tweety.......... YOU SUCK! :x <---- can you read that????? YOUR the one that really needs to learn to read! Google Translate is a click away if you cannot understand english. I know you can read numbers (#12334567890) so there is no reason for you to place your order early because it is not at all fair to the rest of us who have been waiting for this much longer than you. :ponder:

@ Tweety.......... YOU SUCK! :x <---- can you read that????? YOUR the one that really needs to learn to read! Google Translate is a click away if you cannot understand english. I know you can read numbers (#12334567890) so there is no reason for you to place your order early because it is not at all fair to the rest of us who have been waiting for this much longer than you. :ponder:

Well I'm very sorry, I think I've missed several lines in excitement, he can always put it on hold and send me to the last in line, or skip me entirely.

I can only say sorry again. And indeed it's not fair, your right about that, sorry, read my first line again...

But to say that others have waited longer than me is not true and not fair, I also wanted the original Painter when it first came out, but never got it due to the message: sold out.

I am just excited ad never read post#30....I know how to do the conversion and calculate on line .... Its just i missed the 1st release of painter and by luck i came across this new painter release and i skipped a few posts.... My bad...

Edited by fsporsche

Tweety, I am sorry for being a dickhead over the early sale of one Special Edition Painter cartridge. I'm sure I will be able to get one of the 14 left. :) This is just a Jaguar videogame after all, and I am having a lot of stress with my job and life right now and it being 113 degrees fahrenheit in Phoenix, Arizona right now adds to the heat stress. Please accept my apologies for being an assjack over a game sale, that was uncalled for and childish. :| I now realize you have been waiting for another Painter release since Gordon of Sinister Developments released the original Painter JaguarCD in 2004 and are very excited about this very cool special edition of Painter. post-9089-1213848823.gif

he can always put it on hold and send me to the last in line, or skip me entirely.

Thank You -That's very kind of you to offer that. :) However, Omf has received and confirmed your payment and you will receive the limited S.E. Painter cart. I plan to order one tomorrow and I think there should be enough S.E. carts left for me to get one.

Kindest Regards Tweety, and enjoy your special edition Painter cart :),

Noel (ovalbugmann)

fsporsche;

Hey man, sorry for trying to correct how you post on Atariage, in the public view, and potentially embarassing you - was not my intention. Hopefully I didn't, although I was being a little cocky about it all. You were just excited, as we all are, about finally a new Jaguar game being available. :cool: I just had a very bad day, was being an ass, and unfortunately was still angry/overheated when I logged on here. I come to Atariage to have fun and allieviate daily stresses not to find faults in people. :| It's also none of my business how people post and this certainly isn't english class at school. :)

Sorry again fsporsche, Stephen Moss did a much nicer/better job in trying to help you and answer your questions at the same time.

All the best man!post-9089-1213850841.gif and enjoy your S.E. Painter cart! Tomorrow is order day!!

Sincerely,

noel (ovalbugmann)