IGNORED

7800 Monitor Cart CIB - BIN

CPUWIZ

It's the Video-61 version.

What does that mean? Aside from the cosmetic issues, were there multiple versions released? My cart has an EPROM upgrade I received from Mr. Dodson to allow for serial code uploading. I may still have the original 27C256 somewhere as well.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99689

Maybe I need to dig out my camera and post a picture of mine. It may be an even rarer variation (though others would likely dismiss it as counterfeit, even though I ordered it direct from Mr. Dodson back in the day).

BTW, to clarify the 2600/7800 issue, the cartridge is for the Atari 7800 only, but it may be used for either 2600 or 7800 development. I used mine to develop a kernel demo in 1994 that would later be used for Strat-O-Gems.

Maybe I need to dig out my camera and post a picture of mine. It may be an even rarer variation (though others would likely dismiss it as counterfeit, even though I ordered it direct from Mr. Dodson back in the day).

BTW, to clarify the 2600/7800 issue, the cartridge is for the Atari 7800 only, but it may be used for either 2600 or 7800 development. I used mine to develop a kernel demo in 1994 that would later be used for Strat-O-Gems.

you have the first version. If I recall Dobson sold the rights or what ever to video 61