IGNORED

More serious fraud auctions on eBay?

bjybjy

Could these be the real McCoy? Maybe. Only a few things bother me though:

1) Seller is a newbie (which isn't a big problem; I tend to give people chances)

2) The Seller only accept money orders (again, small problem)

3) Obviously, the seller is quite aware of the value of these games. So, why list them in the wrong category and chance getting alot less than if he/she listed them correctly.

Well, I e-mailed the seller asking if they could e-mail me a few screenshots of the Crazy Climber game. Let's see if he/she gets back to me.

Tough call. All of the photos were taken on the same background. The last real rip-off seller had photos from around the web, with none of them being taken the same. :ponder:

And even if they snagged the photos from somewhere else, I would think they would steal better photos than those.

Personally, I wouldn't bid on any of it. Mainly because I've been collecting from the beginning and I've never gotten lucky enough to score a load even remotely as good as that one. Seems suspicious, but possible, even if not very probable. :roll:

ò¿ó                       smiling_to_atariage.gif

I actually live in Reading PA (same location as seller), and know of a guy named dan, oddly enough, the sellers ID is Dansomthin, who owns quite a few (including many rare) 2600 Titles, I'll have to get ahold of him, and see if this is him selling these items, he's trustworthy, and can confirm this is him selling, I personally will vouge for him, which should (?) ease peoples minds as far as bidding on these items...stay tuned to this thread for updates.

Dave

"M"

Oh, I just wanted to make another note of people's concern, as far as the category listing is concerned. Being that he's a new seller, whether he's a scam is yet to be seen, but it could be possible that he didn't know that category #3528 exists..(Consumer Electronics:Video Games:Atari:Games:Action, Adventure) I mean, after all #1128 (Toys & Hobbies:Games:Electronic:Other) Does pretty much sum up what Atari IS...an electric game, which is a toy and/or hobby... anyways, that's just my 2 cents

Dave

How far is Reading?

Phil

About 60 miles NW of Phila. I live there too. I find it hard to believe that this person has all of these rare also. At first, I thought maybe he printed up labels but he has a Condor Attack and it would be pretty hard to fake a cartridge casing. These IMHO are probably genuine.

I get very nervous with people with 0 feedback especially when they put all the best stuff on at once. When I first started with ebay. I bought a few items first to build up my rating. Once I did, I only sold one item at a time until my feedback got up over 10. I hope that whoever bids and wins does not get screwed. I hate dishonest people.

How far is Reading?

Phil

About 60 miles NW of Phila. I live there too. I find it hard to believe that this person has all of these rare also. At first, I thought maybe he printed up labels but he has a Condor Attack and it would be pretty hard to fake a cartridge casing. These IMHO are probably genuine.

Yep, that's exactly correct, we're about 60 miles from philly (40 mins or so)

lionrohrs> Where about in Reading do you live? in the city, or the outskirts?

I've tried to verify this seller for everyone with no luck...I've spoken to my buddy just 5 mins ago, and he is not the seller of these items...sorry everyone, but I tried.

Dave

I understand everybodys concers. I can assure you this is no joke nor fraud. I never sold on E-bay before and wasn't aware I was in the wrong catagorie until I read your postings. After this auction is over I still have over 400 games left. These are some of my bigger money items. I am selling them for personel reasons. I just sold my rarest cart at the Vally Forge convention center. I'm sure you heard of Eli's Ladder. My buddy has a digital camera and will take more pics tonight around 10:30 . I will post them right away. Here is 1 more pic I have till then. I hope this will ease all your concerns as I will lose in the end without your bids.

Dan.

post-2107-1029365073_thumb.jpg

Dan -- Glad to see that you posted. That should ease fears. WOuld you mind telling everyone how you collected them. For me, it is more interesting to bid on a cart when I know the person I am buying from and any history about the merchandise. The pics are great (but too big). Thanks -- RG