IGNORED

HSC Season 5 Week 30: Crackpots

Ze_ro

Alright, now for some tips.

The first spider always travels to the same destination. Place your guy at the following spots on each of the levels.

Black and Blue spiders: 2nd pot.

Red spiders: 4th pot.

Green Spiders: 3rd pot if you didn't lose any levels yet, 2nd pot when you do.

The trick is, don't get them all. You are just too slow to get all the spiders. Learn to let one or two go, so you can get the 4 or 5 that are near you.

The hardest spiders, are the red spiders. The trick to this one: lose a level. They only travel to the middle 4 pots, when you lose 1 or 2 levels. After you lose those two levels of building, its just a slow downward spiral to death.

The only tip I can add is this: If you can spare the time, drop the flower pots as you cross from one side to the other. The dropping pots have a good chance of crushing a bug that's scurrying across the sidewalk. If you're in a hurry, though, don't try this as it will slow you down.

Finally, a bit of a breakthrough for me. I beat my own personal high score and figured a few things out. Wish I had read the tips here first! I will say, the game seems to have an ingenious difficulty juxtaposition. In the early levels the black and blue bugs are the easiest to defend against, but once you lose a few levels, the red and greens ones become easier to defend against and the blue and black just ZOOM in the windows. The tip about not trying to "catch them all" (what I shall heretofore call "the Anti-Pokemon stratagem" ;) ) is probably the single most important tip.

So here it is:

post-409-1207441909_thumb.jpg

sorry about the dramatic angle, the window glare was obscuring my score in a head-on view!

I beat my old Twin Galaxies score!

I was also able to play with the tv settings to get a good picture out of it.

Seriously though, once you lose the 2nd level, the game's over. Your only chance of getting far, is lasting as long as you can once the building dropped down one level.

Todd just has happened to have survived longer. My all time high score on this game (and not video taped... damn it) is 580k that I did two years ago.

post-4191-1207534149_thumb.jpg

Edited by keilbaca