IGNORED

Digital Press Collectors Guide

bangles66

Did anyone see the DP guide at the CGE2?.

Has anyone received there guide in the mail?

I pre-ordered mine back in the spring and was told it would be available in time for the CGE2.

With the DP

site down I have no way of contacting them or getting any info.

I haven't received mine and was wondering if anyone has gotten thiers yet.

I pre-ordered mine back in the spring and was told it would be available in time for the CGE2.

I think you misunderstood - the guide was to be ready for the CGE to those who attended, but it would be shipped after the show for those who ordered. I wouldn't panic just yet, and I'd allow at least another week or more since it will probably ship by media mail (bookrate) and we all know how slow that is, right? :roll: Still waiting for mine too. :|

Well heres my story about it at CGE2k2. I walked off the line and joe was standing there. We said hi and shook hands. The he showed me the DP7 book and asked if I had one, i said no but want to get one. Then he said "i want you to have this one, on be half of CGE and Digital Press. Then he said it's a pleasure to have you here and we hope you stick with the hobby and we'll see you here next year. Thats how I got my free Digital Press guide. It really is a great book though, and totally worth the wait!

Well, since the site went down and Joe never responded to me. I couldn't order mine. I've had the past 4 copies of the DP Guide since I found out about its existance. I was also getting the DP Guide newsletter fanzine, but that went bye bye too. Not sure why, but I was getting skipped issues, then I wasn't getting any at all.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

I pre-ordered quite some time ago, and my Digital Press guide finally arrived yesterday. I'll have to say that I am VERY impressed by what little I have read so far. Joe Santulli appears to have done his usual outstanding job in collecting and organizing the content of this book.

One thing I miss already is the spiral binding, as was found in the 5th edition of the book. Joe, if you are reading this, I hope you will reconsider using a spiral binding in future editions.

I have noticed a number of errors already. So, I glanced at the Digital Press message board earlier today, I see many other people are pointing out errors as well. (It sounds like Joe is already working on an addendum.) The book also could have been run through a spell-checker a few more times before it was published.

One other complaint: The envelopes used for shipping the book were entirely too small & thin. The result is an envelope that is literally bursting at the seams. My envelope had several tears in the corners of two inches or more. One corner of the envelope was completely missing. Granted, the torn envelopes were caused by the post office, but the problem could have been avoided with better packaging. Thankfully, my book wasn't damaged. :)

Despite these somewhat minor gripes, the book appears to be well worth the wait. If you are a collector of any of the systems covered in this book, you owe it to yourself to pick up a copy.

I'm looking forward to spending some quality time looking through all of the content.

Mike Stulir

The Back In Time Classic Gaming Webcast

http://www.backntime.net

Hi gang,

yes, there are a number of silly errors and I promise we'll have a free errata file that you can print-out and fold into your book (it's not THAT big, LOL).

Also as a service I've put the complete "Games by Manufacturer" addendum, which was over 100 pages and had to get cut from the book, online, free of charge. It's sort of like a DP Guide Summary.

But WAIT! There's more :P

We've also ventured into the 16-bit realm and those systems are also available free of charge on the site. We'll be adding to these on almost a daily basis so check in every so often for the updates.

All of this is part of the much bigger plan to get the entire database onto the web, a project that began a few months ago and we're targeting for early 2003 (really just 6 months away already? EEP). So yes, there are some silly mistakes in the book resulting from the changeover from text documents to database files, but we're working toward the big picture, and really want to make EVERYONE happy.

All of the "new stuff" can be found at:

http://www.digitpress.com/lists.htm

Game on, brothers and sisters.

Cool, I just wanted to make sure it was as complete as possible. :D

I got mine a CGE and I love it!!!! It has been really handy, and I have used it to make some great buys at Funcoland!!!

Hey, I would like to pu a link to digital press on my site, is it okay if I use that banner on the bottom of your last post, or is there a different link that you would prefer???

VintageGamer

As always, the Guide is EXCELLENT. I enjoyed the lore section immensely (even without myself in it this time... :D ), and my friend Adam wrote the Bally Astrocade chapter, which is the most complete Bally overview you'll find in the modern era. I couldn't believe how many pictures were squeezed into the back pages -- and that classic books/magazines listing is fanatical and demented (i.e. terrific)!

The only glaring error we noticed was the statement that the CreatiVision can play ColecoVision games with an "adapter." That must be a hell of an adapter, since the former system's a 6502, while the latter's a Z-80!

Regardless, this is the only truly definitive reference work available in book form for our lot. You just can't go wrong with it, no matter which systems you love -- and I highly and insistently recommend it.

CF

The guide is excellent as always and I'm already looking at the list section on the dp web site. 8) .

The one thing i've missed from the last 2 editions was the appeddix I-psychodedia section page 277-304 of editon 5.

I know it's probably been cut for space reasons, so is this section going to appear online?

Hi and thanks for the feedback.

Yes, the psychOpedia is online, free of charge to all. You can grab it at http://www.digitpress.com/lists.htm, at the bottom you'll see "Games by Manufacturer". Doesn't sound like psychOpedia but you'll see that it is. That also includes every game in the book plus several other systems, a 100+ page resource on its own!

Unfortunately, there just wasn't room for it.

Enjoy.