IGNORED

It finally happened

Gabriel

A mere 3 days after paying for a 3 month gold subscription, my 360 died with the 3 red lights of doom.

I called support and was getting some help when my new phone decided that was the best time for it's battery to geek out.

Checking online, I see that I have a "repair order submitted". Unlike my old N-Gage, I can't place a phone call until my new phone is fully charged. I'm left wondering if things will be OK or if I've gotten things snarled up in the web of paperwork.

The only good news is you should get the console back in about 2 weeks along with a 1 month Live subscription card.

You wont lose out on the the subscription.

I wouldn't sweat it, the next step is for them to ship you a cardboard coffin unless they want to troubleshoot some.

Just wait and call them in the morning to make sure the case is moving forward.

The only good news is you should get the console back in about 2 weeks along with a 1 month Live subscription card.

You wont lose out on the the subscription.

I wouldn't sweat it, the next step is for them to ship you a cardboard coffin unless they want to troubleshoot some.

Just wait and call them in the morning to make sure the case is moving forward.

And when you get it back,play it long and play it often.Get loads achievements and give us your gamertag!

:rolling:

It looks like they've shipped the coffin. Nothing to do now but wait for it arrive and play something else.

My friend I signed up to play Halo 3 and Ace Combat 6 online with finally texts me last night wanting to play. Perfect timing as usual.

Maybe I'll finish Xenosaga 2 this weekend

I had a scare the other day, my kid was watching Dora that I downloaded on Live, the power bumped and up popped the 3 red rings of death. I turned the console off and then back on and it seemed to be fine. So far so good.

Funny, maybe the 360's just do that, cause the second day I had my 360, the power blipped, and it did the three ring of death thing too, but since then I've never had prob....(I shouldn't say that, I'll jynx it :lol: )

I also know, if you turn it on with no cable in it, it lights up all lights in red (no video indicator I guess)

The coffin arrived during lunch today. My 360 had been prepared for it's arrival since the day it flashed me. I packed it up and delivered it to the UPS Store across the street from my office building.

Amusing note: The instruction sheet for packing the 360 has photographic directions for removing whatever game was in the 360 when it died. The game in the photo is Burnout. Someone doing documentation has a sense of humor.

Now more waiting.

Yeah. They sent me back my original, so I didn't have to redownload all my arcade games.

I heard several horror stories in regards to MS customer service.

Stories like 3 hour wait timesin the phone queue, people on the other line that didn't speak a lick of English and 17 month wait to get their console back when sending it in to MS to be fixed for the 20th time.

I've dealt with MS about a half dozen times for various reasons including just questions. Never had the first complaint.

Just curious how your experience was Gabriel?

The first bit was the phone call to support I mentioned at the start of the thread. I had a short wait for a customer service rep. I was on hold for something like 5 to 10 minutes.

It almost goes without saying I got some guy with an Indian accent, and, to be perfectly blunt, that automatically puts me in a bad mood. Maybe it makes me racist, but that's how I feel. Anyway, this guy spoke English much better than some others which I've gotten in the past when dealing with other businesses. I could understand him and he could understand me, so he was OK.

He asked me to turn the 360 on and check the light on the power supply. After that, he was ready to give me a ticket number and ship me a coffin. And that was when my phone's battery died on me, right in the middle of his script on what I would have to do when the coffin arrived. Despite that, he apparrently did his side of things and got all the paperwork rolling, and my ticket was in the system.

Then it took 4 days for the coffin to arrive, mostly because there was a weekend in there and it was shipped by UPS. I shipped it back and the service center had it by Thursday evening. The tracking system showed they had apparrently fixed it by Friday evening and shipped it back. There was another weekend in the way, so it took another 4 days getting back to me. Altogether, it took a week and a half from my initial complaint to getting my 360 back. Which is pretty good, I think.

And so far so good. I think they replaced the drive. It's much quieter than before.

I had a scare the other day, my kid was watching Dora that I downloaded on Live, the power bumped and up popped the 3 red rings of death. I turned the console off and then back on and it seemed to be fine. So far so good.

You're sure it wasn't april the 1st when it happend?

Im not happy at all with the 360. I love some of the games on it, if not for the games I would have ditched it a long time ago.

:|

Actually, I feel that way about most systems. I have a gripe on just about all of them. :P

Its just that I cant remember anything in recent memory thats been this bad.

As I mentioned upthread, I finally sprung for a gold membership to play with a specific friend. The day that he was available to play, my 360 died. When I got my 360 back, I texted my friend to find out when he could play again. Guess what?

Yep, you guessed it. As soon as mine came back, his died too. He got his coffin today.

Wow. That's almost unbelievable. Good thing they're selling a boatload of software, because I can't imagine how much these repairs are costing MS. Related, my coffin apparently got stuck at the UPS delivery center for over 2 weeks. Called MS back and they send another one. It's been over 3 weeks now...

I thought the MS customer service was good, but the automated response voice was a little annoying: "Xbox 360.. GOTCHA!" I only had to wait 5-10 minutes, though, and the rep I talked to was efficient and friendly.

I've had my console for close to two years, and so dar I haven't had any problems. I can't say that my console is better than anyone else's because I don't play it nearly as much as most people. It's lucky if it gets three hours of use a week. My PS3 and Wii get even less use than that, but that's jst because I can't stop playing Rock Band. :)

In time I will probably experience the red rings and have to call Microsoft for repair.

Just curious, when did he buy his 360, or what was the manufacturing date on the side... do you know?

I'm not really sure. He's had it for a while but has been unable to connect to the internet because of a total lack of that kind of service in his area until just recently. I think it's about 6-9 months he's had it.

Just a thought for the future. How collectable will the xbox360 be when it goes out of production? I mean i can still play all my classic consoles like the atari 2600 with no problem. Hook em up and they will play. How will the xbox360 be as a classic console in the future? They die at such a fast rate, that i'm wondering if there will be any working left over like 10 years.

I know it is a common problem with all cd based consoles since they have a lot of moving parts, but even the saturn i got is still playing without any problem. All though i got a saturn that overheats and will only play if i leave the top cover off.