IGNORED

It finally happened

Gabriel

And so far so good. I think they replaced the drive. It's much quieter than before.

They had you send in the hard drive? When I sent my in last July they didn't want anyone sending in the drives. I was just wondering if they'd changed that policy.

I believe Gabriel is referring to the disk drive and that MS replaced it.

Mendon

I received a phone call from my oldest son this morning, and he is really, really PO'd. He attended a midnight launch of GTA4 last night, rushed home, and had been enjoying the game for an hour when the game froze and three red lights appeared when he reset the console.

His original purchased console had been sent in for repairs 10mos after purchase with RROD. The refurb he received back went down 1 month after receiving it (drive wouldn't read disks and tray wouldn't open). The refurb he received back from MS was dead upon arrival. The next refurb went down after 6mos, RROD. Tired of dealing with refurbs, he sent his broken console in for reapir and while waiting for it to return, he purchased a new Arcade model with HDMI. When his console was returned from repair, he sold it on eBay and was happy with his new Arcade console.

BUT... now his new Arcade console died 4 months after purchase. It's under warranty, sure, but he says he's done dealing with the hassle of malfunctioning consoles, despite how good the library is, and plans to trade it in or sell it upon its return from repair and get a PS3.

I've said in other posts that some people have no trouble at all with the 360.... some people are on their 3rd, 4th, and 5th consoles. I don't know what the problem is with the 360 but it has to be the most "fragile" console ever produced. I'm on my 3rd and keeping my fingers crossed.

Mendon