IGNORED

Looks like Actionauts is ready

Mayhem

This is becoming so weird to me. We've long ago established at this point that there exists TWO markets .. the "gamers" and the "collectors". What the thread demonstrated to me was that Actionauts is not a good value for the "gamers" even at a $29.95 price point, let alone $49.95, for all the reasons mentioned above. Such is exactly why the current price point was reached, so that there would be NO disappointed purchasers. I'd much prefer to have a bunch of people decide NOT to purchase a copy for the "right reason" (that this is NOT something for 'them') .. then for some of these people to shell out what they feel is a lot of money for a game experience, and be disappointed.

Perhaps you did, but I was not a part of that discussion, it was a bit too ... heated, for my taste. And I agree. I primarily buy VCS games to play, not collect, though I have rather a lot of them to play by this point. Actionauts may be a very good value for the collector, and probably a decent investment. However, as these are forums, we tend to speak our opinions. I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning, but I'm glad the game is a financial success for you.

they are very flimsy ... albert cautioned against using them as carts could arrive with some damage .. so i took him on his word.

Yeah, I stopped using the Priority Mail 1096L boxes for mailing boxed games a while ago. I swear every time the USPS revises the boxes (which they just did again recently) they get even thinner. Pretty soon they won't offer more protection than a bubble mailer. They are fine for sturdier items (such as loose carts), but I have had people tell me they've received boxed games damaged in them (due to the Priority Mail box being damaged in transit) so I now spend the extra money on new, sturdier boxes to better protect boxed games during transit.

..Al

I received boxed games through the board here that you offered (Rubix Cube 3D I think it was) that was damaged from the Priority boxes. I never made a fuss about it though. Where are you getting the boxes you're using now and what sort of volume you must buy in to get that rate? I'm still using 1096Ls for my shipping through ebay and I do sometimes worry about how well packages fare in their travels.

I don't have a problem paying $10 shipping knowing I'm getting something shipped right. I would be upset if I paid $90 and got a smooshed box in the process. My payment was sent happily. I would probably have gone another $10-20 higher (inclusive of shipping) but that would be my cut off for a reproduction cart of this nature. I'm curious to learn how well these sell, and if they all sell out because of the price point. I think alot of the collectors here want this, but with such an agressive price point I wonder how many truly will be buying.

I do think that most people who want one will eventually get one

I hope by that comment that you wont be making any more than the 250 as you said you would,as im sure that most collectors including myself bought this as one of the reasons as it is suppose to be a limited edition.

I have materials for 300 units. I'm going to offer 250 for sale and will be numbered xxx/250 The remaining 50 will be given away ... friends .. family ... people who helped out ... military personnel ... people who are nice to me ... cute girls, etc. Comps, basically.

Is the cart box a typical size? If it's smaller you can send them in plastic VHS cases, which are pretty much everywhere. They'll survive being banged around. All you have to do is cut the excess out in the middle, but it's worth it for me to send something and it get there in pristine condition.

Will 250 be enough to satisfy the current demand? I signed up to the mailing list recently and would love to have one once the people who have been waiting a long time have the opportunity to purchase one but you know there are those that are just buying this in hopes of turning a profit when the 250 sell out.

The remaining 50 will be given away ... friends .. family ... people who helped out ... military personnel ... people who are nice to me ... cute girls, etc. Comps, basically.

Cool, so I get two then? :D

So your a female soldier? :P

Allan

The remaining 50 will be given away ... people who are nice to me ...

No, your butt does not look fat in those pants. Have you been working out? You look healthier and more muscular. I built a shrine to you made out of your old Atari 2600 games and your hair that dropped on the floor at your barber. I light candles and say prayers in front of it every day.

I guess I went from nice to creepy in record time. Never mind.

Will 250 be enough to satisfy the current demand? I signed up to the mailing list recently and would love to have one once the people who have been waiting a long time have the opportunity to purchase one but you know there are those that are just buying this in hopes of turning a profit when the 250 sell out.

not everybody on the reserve list is going to purchase ... i'm giving them two weeks and then will offer the remaining first come first served

Was on the reserve/waiting list for months, and got the e-mail this morning that it was available (yesterday morning, actually, since it's 12:50am here now). I just went to purchase mine (procrastination?), and the link in my e-mail gets me a 'clocking' page which eventually times out and doesn't get me to the order page.

Please tell me I didn't miss out on purchasing this already!!! I hope one of those 250 is mine! Guess I'll try again in the morning (later this morning, actually... :) ).

--Timster--

Was on the reserve/waiting list for months, and got the e-mail this morning that it was available (yesterday morning, actually, since it's 12:50am here now). I just went to purchase mine (procrastination?), and the link in my e-mail gets me a 'clocking' page which eventually times out and doesn't get me to the order page.

Please tell me I didn't miss out on purchasing this already!!! I hope one of those 250 is mine! Guess I'll try again in the morning (later this morning, actually... :) ).

--Timster--

Its slow or maybe busy. I had to try several times before it finally loaded.

--Timster--

I am getting the same problem....please advise Mr. Fulop.

Rob responded earlier about taking ordering down. That may be what you have experienced.

Rob responded earlier about taking ordering down. That may be what you have experienced.

I just tried again and got thru. Here's a direct link to purchase page give that a try:

http://robfulop.com/newsite/secure/purchaseactionauts.htm

I just tried again and got thru. Here's a direct link to purchase page give that a try:

http://robfulop.com/newsite/secure/purchaseactionauts.htm

That WORKED!!!! THANKS!!!! :)