IGNORED

When did you get your Atari Lynx + games and where?

Ataria51

Ok im pretty new at this forum, I hope you can read my inglish.. :P

My question is, whats the story about your Lynx, where did the Lynx playing start for YOU? And how far has it got today?

I got my Lynx pretty cheap by a guy who was cleaning out his house in 2004, it was almost unused with 3 games. Alot of dust had to been removed first..

I was not intrested in it for a start but did not want him to throw it away. I gaved him some money and have today like 30 games. (most bought on ebay)

But still consider myself a rookie ofcourse.

Your turn! :D

Edited by Ataria51

I, too, got my Lynx at a used video game store, called Game Hits in Lansing, Mi. I had been an Atari fan since my first Atari computer, the 400, 410 cassette drive and BASIC cart when I was a wee laddy.

I had been playing my Jaguar for years, but never had any interest in the Lynx. But when I saw it in the window of Game Hits, back in 2000, I decided to go for it. It came with Shanghai, Ninja Gaiden and Rygar. I played all of those games like crazy!

My very first purchase on eBay was for a Lynx game, Klax, which started my eBay addiction.

Now I have 103 Lynx carts... I really only need Krazy Ace Mini Golf to have a complete collection.

I'm definitely glad I took the chance. :D

Cheers,

Smeg

Ok im pretty new at this forum, I hope you can read my inglish.. :P

My question is, whats the story about your Lynx, where did the Lynx playing start for YOU? And how far has it got today?

I got my Lynx pretty cheap by a guy who was cleaning out his house in 2004, it was almost unused with 3 games. Alot of dust had to been removed first..

I was not intrested in it for a start but did not want him to throw it away. I gaved him some money and have today like 30 games. (most bought on ebay)

But still consider myself a rookie ofcourse.

Your turn! :D

I grabbed one from my store when they first came out. I sold it later and have bought and sold several. I have one I bought 3 years ago now and about 70+ games. I play it nightly.

I got mine sometime around 1992 from Electronics Boutique. I got it with Warbirds, which was absolutely amazing at the time.

I, too, got my Lynx at a used video game store, called Game Hits in Lansing, Mi.

Is that that killer Retro gaming store that's really dark inside and has just about every system ever made? (I'm not too familiar with Lansing, but the place I have in mind is towards the west side of town.) If so, that's one of the two most amazing Retro game stores I've ever seen. I've been dying to get back there for the past two years.

in 97, I was 17 and I had a job as a prescription deliverer for a pharmacy in Illinois. Since I was on the road, and there wasn't anybody to keep tabs on me, I would bounce from pawn shop to pawn shop looking for stuff.

one Pawn shop I found a Lynx with Batman Returns, when I went to use it though it didn't work and I ended up returning it and getting the Jaguar instead.

The Lynx I have now, I probably bought 2-3 years ago from Ebay. I don't know how many games I have, around 20 maybe, but yes, I play it almost nightly, it sits on my end table next to my couch in the living room.

I picked mine up new at Venture (a midwestern chain store along the lines of Walmart or KMart, which went out of business years ago).

They were selling Lynx IIs with batteries and something like six games (cards and instructions only) all in one box for $59.

So my wife and I picked up a dozen of them and gave them to all the nieces and nephews. And we got three for ourselves (one for each of us, plus a spare).

We then called up Go Atari and ordered a bunch of carts (new in box of course) for a cheap price, but I don't recall what it was.

We also picked up a power pack, two visors, and two of the cases that fit a lynx and twelve games & acc.

We played them for a few months, but then set them aside and haven't really played them much in the last decade or so.

Lately, though, I've been getting back into it. They're really great little systems, and so many of the games are well worth playing.

I picked mine up new at Venture (a midwestern chain store along the lines of Walmart or KMart, which went out of business years ago).

They were selling Lynx IIs with batteries and something like six games (cards and instructions only) all in one box for $59.

I first got the Lynx II from EB for $79 with 4 games around 1995. Hard to believe a little purchase like that could lead to a decade of coding and testing games for the Lynx! ;)

I also bought some Lynxes from the aforementioned Venture chain near the St. Louis area back in the late 90s. I think it only had 4 games (not 6), but still, it was a crazy price... I think their final clearance was $25 for the Lynx with games!

I first got the Lynx II from EB for $79 with 4 games around 1995. Hard to believe a little purchase like that could lead to a decade of coding and testing games for the Lynx! ;)

I also bought some Lynxes from the aforementioned Venture chain near the St. Louis area back in the late 90s. I think it only had 4 games (not 6), but still, it was a crazy price... I think their final clearance was $25 for the Lynx with games!

Ah, thank you! My wife and I were talking about it over the weekend, trying to figure out how many games were packed in. Since we remixed the distributions for the nephews and nieces (to make sure each got something they would like, and that each got something they could all play together), there's now no way for us to tell. So thank you!

As for the price -- D'oh! I still have the receipts, so I know I paid $59.99 for each one (again, looked at them last weekend). It's a shame to know we could have snagged 'em for $25 apiece!

I bought my first Lynx at a Majestic Warehouse Direct - one of the first "big box" stores - in the winter of 1989-1990... I can't remember if I treated myself for Christmas or my birthday (which is in January), but I remember the Lynx I box with California Games and an AC Adapter cost me $230+tax... Yeeouch! Of course, I immediately set about convincing my best gaming buddy that he had to have one too, and he picked one up about a week later. We would play Lynxed up constantly - Gauntlet, Slime World, Zarlor Mercenary, California Games (Australian Rules Surfing!!), we played these games to death!! I absolutely loved that system...

I bought my last Lynx I from Best Electronics; exactly the same box set I'd bought in 1989, but brand new in 2007! And this one only cost me $100!! ;)

IM ABOUT TO EBAY MY ENTIRE LYNX COLLECTION! :(

Aw Buddy, I'm sorry to hear that. Why the change of heart? (Or, does your Lynx collecting take too much time away from the jaguar addiction? :D )

Say, Buddy old pal, don't suppose you have a copy of Krazy Ace Mini Golf you could sell to me???

Cheers,

Smeg

I, too, got my Lynx at a used video game store, called Game Hits in Lansing, Mi.

Is that that killer Retro gaming store that's really dark inside and has just about every system ever made? (I'm not too familiar with Lansing, but the place I have in mind is towards the west side of town.) If so, that's one of the two most amazing Retro game stores I've ever seen. I've been dying to get back there for the past two years.

Hmmm... Well, I don't remember it being too overly dark, but I think it's the same one. It's on Saginaw St, near the Lansing Mall. They do tend to have a lot of retro machines... 2600s, Sega Master Systems, Vectrexs, even things like Odysseys and Pong units. I haven't been in there in a little while... I need to get back.

Were you from around here, or came for a visit? (Of course, not many people come to Lansing Michigan for a visit, but y'know... :D )

Cheers,

Smeg

Bought one back about 7 or 8 years ago on eBay, sold it on eBay when I moved overseas.

I bought another last July on eBay again. It was a great deal: for just $50 plus shipping, a like-new Lynx II with power supply, carrying pouch, and 32 carts, most of them boxed and even with some uncommon carts like Warbirds!

I am a new Lynx owner. It was a handheld that I have wanted for a while. I sniffed ebay for about a week, and found a bundle of Lynx, handfull of accessories and 22 boxed games. For all I know, it could have been an AA member's collection (waiting on it to ship,but the seller has good feedback). The price was fair in my eyes...so I snagged it. Now I gotta keep an eye out for interesting/rare/protos... I have seen some of them out there, and even seen a couple repros... good times!

IM ABOUT TO EBAY MY ENTIRE LYNX COLLECTION! :(

Aw Buddy, I'm sorry to hear that. Why the change of heart? (Or, does your Lynx collecting take too much time away from the jaguar addiction? :D )

Say, Buddy old pal, don't suppose you have a copy of Krazy Ace Mini Golf you could sell to me???

Cheers,

Smeg

well i really like the Lynx,but i could use the cash and i dont have time to collect for it like i do for the Jaguar,maybe if the Jag gets a Lynx adapter ill buy all those games again :P and no i dont have Krazy Ace,i never collected everything...

Hmmm... Well, I don't remember it being too overly dark, but I think it's the same one. It's on Saginaw St, near the Lansing Mall. They do tend to have a lot of retro machines... 2600s, Sega Master Systems, Vectrexs, even things like Odysseys and Pong units. I haven't been in there in a little while... I need to get back.

Were you from around here, or came for a visit? (Of course, not many people come to Lansing Michigan for a visit, but y'know... :D )

Cheers,

Smeg

I came to visit a buddy of mine who, at that time, lived in Beaverton. That's about an hour NW of Saginaw, give or take.