IGNORED

When did you get your Atari Lynx + games and where?

Ataria51

My first play of a Lynx was in the early '90s when the Lynx II first came out. It had to have been 1990 or 1991. I was visiting family in Arkansas and my cousins each had a Lynx II. I played RoadBlasters for a while.

I purchased my own Lynx II last month and I got 11 games total. The Lynx II was packed with 2 games and the brick, and it cost me $60. The other games were $5 each. ASteroids/Missile command, Qix, and one other game were sangged before I could get them, but at least I beat whoever got those to the Super Off Road cart. I would have purchased Super Off Road, RoadBlasters, and Hard Drivin' whether I'd gotten the Lynx or not.

I split my portable play time up between the Lynx, Game Gear, Game Boy, and PSP. Last week I carried the Lynx and my PSP, this week I have a Game Gear and PSP.

I got mine in the late 90's.slowly bought games from local shop in Sydney.After a while they were giving away a refurbished console with every 2 or more games bought!Needless to say i made the most of that so i had plenty of spare ones for the future.Great gaming at an affordable price at time. ;)

Probably 3 or 4 years ago, my wife saw me looking at one on ebay and told me not to buy anything 'til after christmas because we still had a lot of stuff to buy. Guess what was waiting for me under the tree? The same lot she saw me looking at. I think it had about 6 games with it as well as the small carrying case and comlynx. I picked up about 12 more games boxed, visor, AC adaptor, battery brick and the large carrying case shortly after. I really need to get around to picking up some more games.

I bought a Lynx 1 with California Games, Blue Lightning, Paperboy, and Blue Lightning at Goodwill for $15 a few years ago. Didn't get to play it until recently, though, because I had been inserting the cartridge backwards. :ponder:

I seriously need some new games for it, though. I've got some pretty shallow pockets being underage, but I'm planning to get a couple more in a few weeks.

I got mine for my birthday when it first came out. My parent's bought it for me at Babbage's at San Jacinto Mall in Baytown, TX. I remember the display had Blue Lightning. I was hooked early on (my first game outside of California Games was Gates of Zendocon). I bought Blue Lightning at Montgomery Ward's not too long after. Then a year or so later it was stolen when our Suburban was stolen at a restaurant. I should have taken the Lynx with me, i know... I got another one a few months later but i had to rebuild my game collection which didn't take too long, since there still wasn't that many games out. I still have that one with a bunch of games. My brother has a Lynx II and we used to play linked up quite a bit. Slime World and Xenophobe kept us busy for a long time.

I bought my Lynx II, plus a couple games, from an AA member a few months ago. Since then I have bought 22 more carts, some NIB, from The Chuckwagon, Ebay and 8-Bit Classics. The Lynx has become my favorite hand-held system, out of many different ones spanning the years back to the Microvision. :D

I got my first Lynx II not long after they were released. I don't remember the exact year. A few months later, I sent in a generic receipt to Atari, along with the box UPC symbol in an attempt to get that free Batman game. They sent me the game even though I had bought my Lynx long before the contest...

The first game I bought was Road Blasters. My favorite game was S.T.U.N. Runner, even though I could never play it worth a crap. The arcade version was so much easier! Other early buys were Steel Talons and MsPacman.

Forgot to add, most of my Lynx stuff came from Electronics Boutique. If EB didn't have a game I wanted, Babbage's was my next stop.

Edited by RodLightning

Well I picked up my Mk2 version from Currys in the UK in my school days (I'm now 32). It was my second Mk2 Lynx as my first died.

and....

TODAY I received my first Mk1 model. I picked it up BRAND NEW from Telegames in Wigston, UK. It came with California Games, Power Adapter and ComLynx cable. It's mint and I'm well chuffed. It's staying in the box unused as I don't want to get a scratch on it!