IGNORED

$250 for a "new" (box looks beat) Lynx II? Ebay insanity!

jimid2

What is it with some Ebay sellers?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 180233890224

I mean, really, how can anyone be so stupid that they don't bother to do 5 minutes of homework on the very auction site they're posting to? It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if someone is regularly selling new Lynx II's for $70 or less, you're not likely to get a BIN of $250! and this is a re-listing!! The idiot originally had this up with a BIN of $300!

This kind of crap just drives me nuts... You just know there's gonna be a handful of Pawnshops looking up Lynx prices on Ebay this week, and they're going to throw their Lynx IIs under the counter with a $200 price tag on them... :roll:

The same seller has a (big whoop) NIB Game Gear for $400!

And if that Lynx box is anything approaching "perfect" I'll eat my hat.

Still, I should hope pawn shops know better than to go by unsold BIN prices. Don't they have a price list akin to the Kelley Blue Book for most of the stuff they deal with?

Update: the guy actually got $470 for a previous Game Gear! Not to mention $293 for a Nomad! And $300 for a NIB original Game Boy! So I guess he expects more crazy people to pay what he's asking for other new systems...

Edited by lemoncurry

• 2 weeks later...