IGNORED

APE 'Remote" Software Question

mrnukem

I am using APE with SIO2PC cable which is working great but I want to be able to load .ATR disk images from my Atari 800XL. When I load APE for Windows and Load the APE Warp .ATR disk image that comes with APE I run a program called Remote.com on the Atari end. But it will not let me browse directory or load disk images. When use the (L)oad image it asks me if I want to use the find or spider feature. The find feature searches for anything I put in. The Spider feature does nothing when I type anything in.

If I use the Mirror feature on APE for Windows and leave it blank on the windows end it works just fine on the Atari side for letting me browse to my directory with raw Binary files and load them.

Hope all this makes sense. I really want to be able to use my Atari without having to interact with my Windows System after APE for Windows is loaded.

All the links to documentation on the Atarimax web site give a 404 page not found error. I purchased the cable from there and downloaded APE but there was no documentation in the download archive.

Thanks!

Edited by mrnukem

I am using APE with SIO2PC cable which is working great but I want to be able to load .ATR disk images from my Atari 800XL. When I load APE for Windows and Load the APE Warp .ATR disk image that comes with APE I run a program called Remote.com on the Atari end. But it will not let me browse directory or load disk images. When use the (L)oad image it asks me if I want to use the find or spider feature. The find feature searches for anything I put in. The Spider feature does nothing when I type anything in.

If I use the Mirror feature on APE for Windows and leave it blank on the windows end it works just fine on the Atari side for letting me browse to my directory with raw Binary files and load them.

Hope all this makes sense. I really want to be able to use my Atari without having to interact with my Windows System after APE for Windows is loaded.

All the links to documentation on the Atarimax web site give a 404 page not found error. I purchased the cable from there and downloaded APE but there was no documentation in the download archive.

Thanks!

I'm not very familiar with this, but from the date, etc. looks like a feature from APE for Dos (not WinAPE).

-Larry

What you need to do is "mount" the ATR in drive one of APE. Then just turn on the Atari and let it boot that disc. The mirror feature lets you use the PC drive as a large hard disk on the Atari. You cannot boot from a PC mirror. As long as you have a bootable ATR in slot one of APE, the Atari will boot from it.

Stephen Anderson

What you need to do is "mount" the ATR in drive one of APE. Then just turn on the Atari and let it boot that disc. The mirror feature lets you use the PC drive as a large hard disk on the Atari. You cannot boot from a PC mirror. As long as you have a bootable ATR in slot one of APE, the Atari will boot from it.

Stephen Anderson

My goal is to mount images stored on my PC from the Atari 800Xl. I can mount an image into APE like normal in Windows XP with no problems but I want to be able to browse and mount my disk images stored on my Windows System from the Atari System side not Windows side.

Thanks for the replies!

Stephen Anderson

My goal is to mount images stored on my PC from the Atari 800Xl. I can mount an image into APE like normal in Windows XP with no problems but I want to be able to browse and mount my disk images stored on my Windows System from the Atari System side not Windows side.

Thanks for the replies!

Sorry about that. I will see if I can get this working. I'll try to post back tomorrow after work.

Stephen Anderson