IGNORED

Better late than never

Sargon

I first became interested in the Jaguar immediately after the system had been discontinued and Electronics Boutique had all their Jaguar systems, games, and accessories on clearance. Unfortunately, at the time, I was a high school student with very little disposable income and decided to spend it elsewhere. Today, at the age of 27, I became a Jaguar owner for the first time as my eBay items and GoAtari order all arrived at my doorstep. I'm sure my girlfriend will think I'm crazy when she sees yet another gaming system sitting next to my old NES, but I couldn't resist. I may be a little late to the party, but I look forward to interacting with what seems to be a great community and experiencing everything the system has to offer. So anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone here and now I'm off to play some Attack of the Mutant Penguins!

It was a great time to pickup Jaguar items right after it was discontinued.

I remember one time ordering five games at once from Video Game Liquidators.

And then a few years later I sold my entire collection, because I thought it

was time to grow up.

However, am now back into the Jaguar again.

Glad to hear,

Chris

Hey! Welcome to the show! What games did you acquire?

I only have Attack of the Mutant Penguins so far, but I also picked up a pro controller and composite cables. In no particular order, I'm hoping to get Aliens vs. Predator, Wolfenstein, NBA Jam, and Tempest 2000 in the near future.

I-War, HoverStrike cart or CD if you have a CD.

IS I & II

Both Morphs (Cyber/Battle)

Wolf 3D

AvP if you can find one.

BattleSphere( you might be able to give your first born for one but I would not count on it) :P

Get a BJL or some form of Uploader and play the fre games like Surrounded! and Atomic

and the Jagcode 500 games....Feeling ballsy? Grab the dev kit for download and see if you can

tame the Jag in code. There is a lot more to do with it than before it's market death.

BattleSphere( you might be able to give your first born for one but I would not count on it) :P

I would actually love to get a copy of Gorf, my all-time favorite ColecoVision game, but right now I can't justify spending the eBay prices. I'm still holding out faint hope that someday you will be able to release some more copies...

I first became interested in the Jaguar immediately after the system had been discontinued and Electronics Boutique had all their Jaguar systems, games, and accessories on clearance. Unfortunately, at the time, I was a high school student with very little disposable income and decided to spend it elsewhere. Today, at the age of 27, I became a Jaguar owner for the first time as my eBay items and GoAtari order all arrived at my doorstep. I'm sure my girlfriend will think I'm crazy when she sees yet another gaming system sitting next to my old NES, but I couldn't resist. I may be a little late to the party, but I look forward to interacting with what seems to be a great community and experiencing everything the system has to offer. So anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone here and now I'm off to play some Attack of the Mutant Penguins!

You'll love it or hate it! I personally love it! Cannon Fodder ,AVP, Tempestis pretty fun! Get the cd add on only if you REALLY want to become a Hardcore collector....Iron Soldier2 and Primal Rage ,Sourstar , Nativ Demo the only real good stuff on it. IMOP!

Edited by nonner242

I would actually love to get a copy of Gorf, my all-time favorite ColecoVision game, but right now I can't justify spending the eBay prices. I'm still holding out faint hope that someday you will be able to release some more copies...

We've pretty much abandoned that idea...you might do yourself a favor doing the same.

Sad I know, but it is what it is. If the folks that bought these were honest, they would not

be reselling it on E-Whore. They'd be selling it for the original price plus enough to cover

shipping as was requested on our site where it was sold. I've heard of only ONE story

where that actually took place and that honor system we sold it under was respected.

I was in your SAME situation, but... 3 years older. So... I had more discretionary income. I don't mean to rub it in... but man, it was great. EB and KB Toys were selling games anywhere from $2.50 for common cartridges, to $5.00 for normal games. CDs were $12.88 and hard to find games were $8.99 (like Doom, AVP, Wolf3D, etc...).

I basically got 75% of the entire Jaguar lineup for under $300 bucks with the system.

I remember that at KB Toys, they were selling BRAND NEW, unopened Jaguar systems for $15 bucks. I bought three of them on one trip. I couldn't pass it up.

I used to get a LOT of stuff from Go Atari too... but that was back in the day when their prices were dirt cheap. Now they're insane!

Welcome to the club!

We've pretty much abandoned that idea...you might do yourself a favor doing the same.

Sad I know, but it is what it is. If the folks that bought these were honest, they would not

be reselling it on E-Whore. They'd be selling it for the original price plus enough to cover

shipping as was requested on our site where it was sold. I've heard of only ONE story

where that actually took place and that honor system we sold it under was respected.

It's really unfortunate because there is obviously still huge demand for this game, with the latest copy on eBay getting 41 bids and selling for $455. I could not in good conscious spend that much money on a game, so I'll just have to continue to hope for the outside chance of a re-release someday.

I just saw Gorf sell for $450 on E-Whore....you can bet the next release...if we bother

will be made in unlimited quantities ans sold at a PROFITABLE price, from now on.

I figured since everyone else wants to profit off of our hard work, why should'nt we?

Yeah, That was a somewhat scary price for it! I want it but I'll take a Battlesphere Gold for that price instead. I dont blame you for that tho, You put alot of work into it! I'll still take one.....one day.....maybe........before I get too old to play!

Yeah, That was a somewhat scary price for it! I want it but I'll take a Battlesphere Gold for that price instead. I dont blame you for that tho, You put alot of work into it! I'll still take one.....one day.....maybe........before I get too old to play!

Im so pissed about this whole Gorf thing I almost just want to release the ISO

into Public Domain, with the Case and Disc art files and let everyone have at it.

Unfortunately.....I NOT into being sued. Midway getting wind of such E-Whoring

(ode to ZB :roll: ) may wind up being a lump of shit in my lap.

So , not only do I get to watch some creep dishonor the deal he made when it was

purchased*, I also get to watch a 13.01 x price hike of original price go in someone

elses pocket. On top of all that, I may have to deal with Midway not liking what they

see and getting on my ass for it.

* Deal summary:

On the site where it was purchased, we posted an honor system. It clearly stated

that you were not to E-Whore it and if you did sell it, you were to sell it for no more

than the original price plus any shipping to someone. As far as I am concerned, when

someone clicked on that 'buy' button, they agreed to the deal. I know better now though.

The only to avoid Jaguar games from eventually selling for extreme prices on e-bay is if there are plenty of them or a steady supply. Once any game becomes unavailable to purchase from the publisher or retailers for good, it instantly becomes a rare collectable. That's just the nature of the beast. The only games that have sky rocketed on e-bay ARE games that can not be obtained any more. Battlesphere, Gorf, and others like them that only had limited quantities are the only games to sky rocket. Songbird has games that are of comparible quality, but they are still selling at the original retail price becuase they are not out of print. Otherwise they too, would be going for a mint on ebay. Developers and publishers have to accept that this is the nature of the beast if their game is limited production. It WILL eventually be resold for far more than original price. If you want your game to remain available for original price, your going to have to do what Songbird does and keep them coming. If this can't be done, for whatever reason, then that is unfortunate for all and for the developers who see one of their games selling for the same they sold them ALL for orginally, but you have to accept it. It sucks for the developer, and the fan who wants the game, but you won't make more money in the end by selling them for extreme prices to start with becuase you are decidedly and drastically going to reduce your sales due to the high price, and end up only selling a few to the same extreme buyers who would get it on e-bay later. you won't make more money, you'll just sell at a negative ratio; one for $450 instead of 10 for $45. The only way is to keep the games in print and available, like Songbird. Double the price to what Songbird sells for, then you make more, the fans are satisfied, and if you keep them available the price remains in your control. Period.

I am not advocating anything or anyone or simpathising with anyone, I'm strictly laying out the the way it is and why, and you ALL would/do know all of this already if you just think it through logically. It's the way the market works.

Just for the record, I owned Gorf and no longer do, I did NOT sell it for it's original price. I didn't sell it at all. I traded it for a working Jag CD unit with no power supply(NOTHING but the CD unit). To ME it was worth about $35, though it costs more on e-bay. I, was of course, crucified for it at the time by Gorf(this is all water under the bridge now and I'm not trying to sir things up, me and Gorf agreed to a truce over all are differences). But I never tried to hide what I was doing I plainly posted on JS2 where all can see. I of course KNEW that Gorf (the game) was worth hundreds at the time, and I did try to trade for much more at the time (originally I just wanted the CD unit, but got greedy for a while, then changed my mind) But my greed was no where near $450 worth($150-200 worth I had in mind).

Edited by Gunstar

I Understand how you feel! I have been in the same type of thing with money baggin ppl, on this site, my first trade. Id love to tell you what to do with it, but I understand your dealings now! So I wont! But on the other hand I personally would have some part within me fuzzy that somebody wanted my baby so bad they paid that much for it. I does suck that it was like a kidnapping babysitter that sold your kid on the asian blackmarket, but it at least on the somewhat brightside went to a loving home........in France! And or the ISO thing......STOP teasing me my heart cant take it...um like, me know.........I wouldnt mind a clone! :lust: