IGNORED

MAD CATZ ARE FRIGGIN PIECES OF CRAP!

InterAct products used to give me fits. Later, I learned what of theirs was worth buying and what was trash. Their controllers work quite well, but their memory products just plain suck.

Don't tell my friend Joe that I bought a StarFire Light Blaster, a DexDrive, or an Arcade Shark. Way back in 1997, I bought my first InterAct product, which was the infamous Mega Memory Card for the Saturn. After it dumped every single game save I had, I made Joe promise to kick me in the head if I bought another InterAct product. :skull:

Maybe Mad Catz should put a disclaimer in the packaging.

Warning: not intended to be thrown to the ground.

Right. Angry much? I remember having a MadCatz dreamcast controller and friggin loved it! the rubber came off though after about a year of consistent play... but' I'd buy another one again.

(Note: I don't have a tendency to take my anger out on a controller ;) ). Verbally, maybe. :D

I've had a lot of trouble with matcatz wireless glitching on gamecube. So much so that I gave it up after a few minutes.

The gamecube alternatives aren't great either. My intec wireless unit had to be glued back together after minor suitcase breakage--but it had trouble with the gameboy player, which is my primary gamecube application.

the thrustmaster is what I use now, but the back side is ergonomically retarded. At least the buttons and sticks are in better spots. so really all I need to do is cut two fingers off and shorten up a few more...

why can't my wavebird vibrate?

Edited by Reaperman

I have the madcatz blaster for the xbox.

It's an awesome lightgun which I use quite often for the lightgun games in mame.

Other than that, I stay away from third party crap.

Even the best third party stuff pales in comparison OEM gear in feel and durabillity.

Hori is the only 3rd party that makes decent controllers.

That's probably because they make first-party controllers too. They have made a lot of Sega's controllers over the years, for example.

I wouldn't give a Mad Catz product to my worst enemy. :mad:

I will say that some of my favorite third-party controllers ever are the MadCatz Microcon controllers. Especially the one for the original Xbox, which came out before the Controller S and is actually smaller, and with snappier buttons. I've had no problems with these controllers in several years of use.

for what it's worth, I don't think i've ever had a problem with a mad catz product. I have a game cube controller, xbox wireless controller, and both work perfectly fine, granted I'm not throwing them at the ground, but still, seem solid to me.

EDIT: Warmachine, is that blaster the one that is green camo? If so, I have that as well, I just couldn't remember who made it.

Edited by Atari5200

for what it's worth, I don't think i've ever had a problem with a mad catz product. I have a game cube controller, xbox wireless controller, and both work perfectly fine, granted I'm not throwing them at the ground, but still, seem solid to me.

EDIT: Warmachine, is that blaster the one that is green camo? If so, I have that as well, I just couldn't remember who made it.

Mine is snot green with black accents; i'm not sure if other color schemes exist.

It's comparable to a guncon 2.

4588.gif

I love their GameCube memory cards. I've used the same one since I purchased the system when Wind Waker was released in 2003, and I now have 31 game saves on the same card with room to spare. Thankfully I bought a double pack back then, and now the spare sits in my Wii for when I want to play GC games in progressive scan. Zero issues, and I think its the only product I own from the company.

Apparently they can't make wires either. My only mad catz product is an SVideo cable for my PS2. I have to tilt the plug for it to make contact.

But I'll give Sony an honorable mention for such a crappy port design in the first place. It's got about 900 pins and no way to hold the plug in place. You're just supposed to sort of stick it in there and hope for the best.

Funny, I just bought a MadCatz 360 "classic" controller, with paddle for $20. Bought it just for the paddle. Has a USB so I can use it on any computer. This should be great for MAME if it supports it.

(sigh)

Boy are you in for a disappointment...

I did actually have one Mad Catz controller. It was for the N64. The analog stick was nowhere near steady at all. Trying to aim in Goldeneye was impossible since the crosshair would jump about even if I held the stick steady.

The controller itself was quite large for a handheld unit, and the size made it uncomfortable for even me to hold. Maybe it was the way it was designed, though. In contrast to the DAP's smooth, curveing design, this MadCatz controller was pretty much square.

Can't says I recall if I ever had any Mad Catz stuff. Thing is, often times, when the systems were starting to disappear because the next gen systems had shown up. All those accessories for the old systems would go on sale REAL cheap. Like memory cards for under $5, controllers for $5 etc... I'd snatch that stuff up and then never use it. I probably have dozens of Mad Catz products but never even opened them. I do remember a I bought a 3rd party N64 controller pretty early after buying the system because the 1st party ones were kinda pricey. Needless to say....It sucked balls.