IGNORED

ChasetheChuckwagon.com Certificate Error

Zwackery

Yes, i think everyone gets that.. i think mike would get more people on board if he took care of that problem!

Rick

Yes I also get this WARNING

Definitely should be a Priority to get this corrected I am sure alot of traffic is getting turned away

I talked to Mike about it, and all is well, just an expired certificate warning. Personally not worried about it.

How many of the errors come up on a browser other than IE? Sometimes I get the same error but it's a Firefox thing, not a real emergency.

Nathan

Oh I understand its nothing to worry about as far as the fact it is NOT a security problem

BUT its definitely a concern as it WILL scare away new users. When trying to

build up the site this will not help. Once you get someone to actually take a look it does not

make sense to allow something like this to have the potental of scaring them away

FND

I talked to Mike about it, and all is well, just an expired certificate warning. Personally not worried about it.

How many of the errors come up on a browser other than IE? Sometimes I get the same error but it's a Firefox thing, not a real emergency.

Nathan

Oh I understand its nothing to worry about as far as the fact it is NOT a security problem

BUT its definitely a concern as it WILL scare away new users. When trying to

build up the site this will not help. Once you get someone to actually take a look it does not

make sense to allow something like this to have the potental of scaring them away

FND

Thanks guys, I thought this was taken care of? I don't get this warning, in fact, I never get any thing like this? I have forwarded this link to my developer to see what is going on.

Where are you clicking when this notice appears? The home page? Your registration page? Log In page?

Edited by Parrothead

I run IE7 and have not seen this. I agree though, a bit scary for new people giving the site a try. I know I have the site in my signature here and at another site that I recently signed up for. I was going to add it to my DP sig too but will hold off until you can figure it out.

Once a person gets this on their first visit, they will most likely not return. (unfortunate but more than likely true) :(

Seems to be trust related.

The issuer of your certificate - Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority - doesn't seem to be in everybody's trusted keystore.

I get the issue on Safari (Mac OS X)

but not in Firefox 2.0.0.14 (Mac OS X)

Just checked using my IE and NO problems works fine it just seems to be

happening when using fierfox

Well, that is better news, but still need to figure out why it's happening with FF and Safari.

Yep, just happens to me in Firefox not IE6 or IE7.

Well, I am talking with GoDaddy Tech Support and they are not getting any of these Security Warnings on Firefox? And they say it all appears to be set up correctly? Now I am really confused? They said maybe its a Cache issue, can you Firefox useres clear your Caches and try it again -- let me know if you continue to get the errors?

If you right-click on the https pages click on properties, then certificate you will see it's in place?

Now , on Safari they were able to duplicate the problem, so now I am on hold again while they look into this.

Keep you all posted.

This is driving me CRAZY :)

I no longer get that cert error when using Firefox (ver. 2.0.0.14).

This is getting stranger all the time, as we haven't done anything yet? I did get some hope, in that, according to GoDaddy, we missed a couple steps, I guess, in making modifications for various browsers. They sent me a link with some instructions for making it work with other browsers and this has been forwared to my developer. Hopefully this will all get fixed today.

Thanks, again for your input.