IGNORED

The Official Wii Fit Topic

Tempest

they could slap a screen on a turd and sell millions of units. Called the Nintenturd.

Or you could take that same screen and turd, make it incompatible with the previous generations's turd system (even though you promised it wold be). Then make is so cheap and...well, "shitty" that you have no better than a 50/50 shot of it actually working. And best of all, make this prone to break pos way overpriced and, VIOLA! Guess what system you'd have then?

Yep, the 360. And you wouldn't even need the word "turd" in the name. Just saying xbox does the same thing since the 1st gen xbox was a cheap made pos too.

since the 1st gen xbox was a cheap made pos too.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :ponder:

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&amp...G=Google+Search

The original xbox was prone to breakdown. Anyone unfortunate enough to have a Thompson DVD drive in their xbox wound up spending $$ on repairs. Pretty well known. There as even an online petition at one point with over ten thousand complaints/signatures. Like the RROD and compatability issues with the 360, M$ did a pretty good job of sweeping it under the proverbial rug and convincing themselves it never happened.

It's called being blinded by fan-boy-ism.

Yes moyboy we know about your 360 fanboyism and how you're blinded by it. Anyone who didn't only needs read this thread. :roll: Glad you're admitting it finally. :thumbsup:

The original xbox was prone to breakdown. Anyone unfortunate enough to have a Thompson DVD drive in their xbox wound up spending $$ on repairs. Pretty well known. There as even an online petition at one point with over ten thousand complaints/signatures. Like the RROD and compatability issues with the 360, M$ did a pretty good job of sweeping it under the proverbial rug and convincing themselves it never happened.

Personaly, I think this was over rated. I've got 5 xbox 1's, all had the Thompson DVD, and never had problems. Except on one that I f--ked up (and ruined a game) by not paying attention when I had the thing apart.

Short of touching up the solder joints on a couple of them with the fox PS's, they've been solid.

I am not going to rant about what system is better. I have all three current consoles(as well over a hundred more)and they all have their pros and cons.

Bottom line is that MS is making a stupid pot shot at a sucessful add on for the Wii. They are just jealous they didnt come up with it.

Who cares who uses Wii Fit and who doesnt

Who cares how much the Wii Fit sells

Who cares who is the console leader and who is not

I for one, dont give a crap.

Pick a system, or multiple systems, find games that are fun that you like and enjoy!

If you dont like a system, just pick another or go retro.

And dont worry, whatever you pick will be picked apart by somebody :)

Personaly, I think this was over rated. I've got 5 xbox 1's, all had the Thompson DVD, and never had problems. Except on one that I f--ked up (and ruined a game) by not paying attention when I had the thing apart.

Short of touching up the solder joints on a couple of them with the fox PS's, they've been solid.

Kewl. Though you were just fortunate. I'm sure there's a few 360 owners who think the rrod is overrated also. My first 2 xbox 1's had a Thompson and they both died. I specificially made sure when bought my 3rd (and 4th) that they didn't have the defective drive.

Still, thousands of people were not so lucky as you.

Yes moyboy we know about your 360 fanboyism and how you're blinded by it. Anyone who didn't only needs read this thread. :roll: Glad you're admitting it finally. :thumbsup:

Right jetset, That's why I have all 3 of the last gen systems, and all 3 of this gen systems, and have never once, not once, called any of them a piece of shit.

You figured it out Einstein, I'm a fanboy.

I guess I'm just fortunate too eh? I've never had an issue with the original Xbox. Maybe we aren't fortunate, maybe you're just unfortunate? Might have somthing to do with karma sport. ;)

Edited by moycon

Right jetset, That's why I have all 3 of the last gen systems, and all 3 of this gen systems, and have never once, not once, called any of them a piece of shit.

I guess I'm just fortunate too eh? I've never had an issue with the original Xbox. Maybe we aren't fortunate, maybe you're just unfortunate? Might have somthing to do with karma sport. ;)

No the term "piece of shit" may not have been used by you, but this entire thread you've bashed the Wii. And so what you own all three? The guy who goes by the username "atari5200" (supposedly) owns a Wii and all he ever does is bash the Wii. You can own the competitors system and still be a raging fanboy. All I ever see you do is bash other systems in favor of your beloved 360.

Like I said...glad to see you admitting it, although it's certainly no revelation.

Not sure about the karma reference. Kinda stupid in fact. I've always ever had positive things to say about Microsoft, but their games division is shit. Since Karma is something you bring on yourself because of your own deeds, my original xbox should have worked fine, and should still be on my shelf. It didn't, and it's not. I never had a bad thing to say about MS until my 1st had a defect that THOUSANDS of ppl had, and MS tried playing games and pretending there was no such problem.

The Karma was me being smart enough to pass on buying a 360 knowing the chances of it being a cheaply made pos were very high, and whaddya know...I was right!

Maybe if came here and like you bashed the Wii then my Wii would break down shortly after the first 12 mos, and my Gamecube games wouldn't run in it.

I don't need bad karma to have those issues with a 360.

i give the wii credit when its due despite my opinion. i post negative based on my own experiences, but im also positive,but for me there are far more negatives. basically because i own both a wii and a 360 i can compare and i am entitled to my opinion no matter what the raging fanboys say. and what did i really say that was bashing the wii in this thread?

Maybe if came here and like you bashed the Wii then my Wii

So correcting someone (who post an incorrect statement) with hard facts is Wii bashing in your eyes??

What an odd man you are jetset.

I post negative based on my own experiences,

The most ironic thing of course is all this grief is from a guy who owned an Xbox briefly and doesn't own a 360 but loves to talk about what a piece of shit they are. Even arguing back and forth what a fan-boy everyone else is!! :lol:

Odd indeed.

Edited by moycon

The most ironic thing of course is all this grief is from a guy who owned an Xbox briefly and doesn't own a 360 but loves to talk about what a piece of shit they are. ......

Some people don't have to be hit by a speeding car to know it hurts!

:)

Mendon

Mendon

I would hope nobody does. That's the flaw in your comparison Mendon.

Not one person on this planet wants to get hit by a car. It's not SOME...It's NONE. (Unless they want to kill themselves)

There are however millions and millions and millions of people who enjoyed their Xbox and are now enjoying the Xbox 360.

You see what a foolish comparison it is now?

I've own lots and lots of game consoles, since they started making consoles, have I ever had issues with any? Sure. I've had them break down. Atari 2600's, I fried an Arcadia, a Dreamcast funeral, had a PS1 stop working, had a Gamecube break down. Big frickin deal. Do I think Nintendo makes piece of shit products because my Gamecube stopped working? No. But I'm a fan boy right? LOL :lol:

The Xbox 360 isn't the only thing with a flaw in the initial design. ;)

The most ironic thing of course is all this grief is from a guy who owned an Xbox briefly and doesn't own a 360 but loves to talk about what a piece of shit they are. ......

:)

Mendon

Thank you!

Although a better analogy when talking about the 360 would be that you don't have to go in a sewer to know is smells like shit!

Dude, you don't have to own a 360 to know what horrible workmanship went into them. When it's all over the internet, when people are constantly complaining, and there's even stories on television news about the problems....Although I guess you think I'd have to buy one in order to have the right to say so.

No thank you.

Meh. Your constant rants prove you are an MS fanboy. What's REALLY odd is you admit it in one post, then another uses sarcasm and pretend you're not. crazy.gif

The Xbox 360 isn't the only thing with a flaw in the initial design. ;)

Progress. At least we know you can admit there were design flaws. Sure every system has had some bugs, but both xboxs had more than an acceptable amount.

Good to hear you admit that at least.

Progress. At least we know you can admit there were design flaws. Sure every system has had some bugs, but both xboxs had more than an acceptable amount.

Good to hear you admit that at least.

Never have denied it,

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1438169

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1499107

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1474652

so I'm not admitting anything new at all. :D

If you see that as some sort of progress don't know what to tell you.

Sorry jetset. I think I see the problem with your logic now though. You have none. You just seem to spout off random sentences regarding things you have limited to no knowledge about. I wont pretend to understand it, I just accept you with all your flaws, just like I do the 360. I guess because, not unlike you, the 360 is a lot of fun.

Edited by moycon

and I think that is still hurting Nintendo today. Online play is bare bones, even the PSP offers better online play. Maybe things will change once they release the Wii-talk or whatever the hell it is, but for now, playing online, is really no different than playing against AI, there's no interaction, or very limited interaction to make you remember you're actually playing against a real person.

It's a shame with the DS, there's so much possibility with the DS and it's touch screen, its just very under utilized. An MMO would work great in my opinion using the touch screen to type, hell even the microphone could be used. The DS in my opinion, is probably the system with the most untapped potential. It's so overloaded with crap that people fail to see what it could be capable of doing.

And Moycon: no offense, but it's not worth arguing. Fanboys only hear what they want to hear, or in this case, read what they want to read. You can post 10 positive things and 1 negative and it will always be the negative that is focused on, is it really worth going back and forth over, sometimes, but at one point you just have to give it up.

Edited by Atari5200

they could slap a screen on a turd and sell millions of units. Called the Nintenturd.

Or you could take that same screen and turd, make it incompatible with the previous generations's turd system (even though you promised it wold be). Then make is so cheap and...well, "shitty" that you have no better than a 50/50 shot of it actually working. And best of all, make this prone to break pos way overpriced and, VIOLA! Guess what system you'd have then?

I agree, but the 360 is still wayyyyyyyyy worth all of the issues. I own both a 360 (second one due to rrod) and a Wii. The 360 has far and away more great games than the Wii. Thats not to say that the Wii doesn't have great games, it does...just not nearly as many as the 360.

If you don't own both, and don't play them both, you ARE missing out.

Edited by Lord Helmet

Mendon

I would hope nobody does. That's the flaw in your comparison Mendon.

Wasn't making a comparison at all. Was simply giving an example of someone not needing first hand experience with something in order to have accurate information about it.

Mendon

I don't consider this current generation as a "collecting" generation, nor do I really the last 2 generations.

Really?

I would tend to think that the Dreamcast is a "collectable" system..... but then maybe I'm biased because I love the system and collected both domestic and import games for it and maybe you don't consider the Dreamcast one of the "...last 2 generations".

Sorry... didn't mean to steer this thread even further from the original topic than its already gotten, but I was curious if you considered the DC a collectable system.

Mendon

no. Pretty much anything -PS1/Saturn/N64 and above, I will not actively collect for. Now if I run across something for the right price, of course I will not turn it away, but I do not specifically look for anything in the last 2 generations. of course there's always the exception of the rarer stuff, like if I run across a copy of Panzer dragoon Saga for a decent price, yeah I'm probably not going to pass that up. I'm still aware of whats rare and what isn't despite not caring too much about those systems.

Edited by Atari5200

Online play is bare bones, even the PSP offers better online play. Maybe things will change once they release the Wii-talk or whatever the hell it is, but for now, playing online, is really no different than playing against AI, there's no interaction, or very limited interaction to make you remember you're actually playing against a real person.

For at least the second time in this thread, I agree with you. One of my favorite games for the Wii is Dr. Mario Online Rx, which I play almost every night. But still, I have to admit that I only have about a third as much fun as I could be having if the Wii had a better online system. The "friends" system is rudimentary, no voice chat is supported at all, and even the communication that is allowed is limited to the ~20 pre-built catchphrases. Eh.

Wii really needs something like XBL, or even PSHome. I'd be willing to pay. It's a damn nice system, but there are still a lot of assets left untapped.