IGNORED

What's yer Handicap?

StanJr

I've become partially obsessed with Atari Golf (stupid ain't it?), so I am wondering what your lowest score is and does anybody know what par for those nine sad holes is?

Tonight I shot my best (42).

Anybody else play this peice of poop? Or is it just me?

Stan Nicklaus ;) :)

I've become partially obsessed with Atari Golf (stupid ain't it?), so I am wondering what your lowest score is and does anybody know what par for those nine sad holes is?

Tonight I shot my best (42).

Anybody else play this peice of poop?  Or is it just me?

Stan Nicklaus ;)  :)

Stan you $%^&"$£.

Im a 44 man myself. I played this alot when i was younger but gave up to it when PGA came out on the genesis. 42 is a good score on 2600 golf.

I need to get some practivece in....

Adam

my personal best is in the mid-forty range...I can't remember exactly, as it's been quite sometime since I've played, but it was between a 42-48...for the sake of picking an absolute score, I'm gonna go with an official 46.

I'm going to get this game out this week, and see how I do..

dave

I think those scores are the actual number of strokes taken, not an under par score. If that is the case, then the scores are all in reverse order (golf games tend to screw up perfectly good high-score tables).

Looks like I need to hook up a VCR to my 2600, I've hit 38 before, that would be a record!!!

I'm guessing that they had, at some point, a golf match where they combined more than one game. For ex. they play 8 rounds of 9 holes=72 holes. 38-46 under par would not be that far-fetched.

Twin Galaxies should post the rules that they scores were accomplished. I know in some cases they do and my no means am I bashing them. I love their site and the service/dedication they provide to the community! :)

Anyway....what made me think that the score was achieved by a multiple game was when I looked under Human Cannonball. Now the maximum score you can get is 7. Take a look at the high score for this game. I think it's something like 35,000. That means the record holder played this f***ing game 5,000 times flawlessly :yawn: .....somebody hand me a gun!

Glad to hear some people are playing Atari's Golf - I always liked this one. My personal best is a 29!!! (i have a screen shot somewhere...) I must admit, though, that I play the game with both difficulty switches on 'A'. This makes the hole smaller when putting, but allows you to hit the ball through the rough (even though it considerably shortens the distance the ball will travel).

Not sure what is up at twingalaxies - 46 under par is obviously impossible (par is 36) and you have to hit the ball AT LEAST once per hole, for a theoritical low score of 9 (although this is certainly impossible with the angles and distance the ball will travel). My guess is that it is for 4 rounds of golf, which would make sense, although VERY impressive (46 under would mean an average score of under 25 four games in a row!!!). I have theorized with my tests that the lowest score I can obtain is a 21, which would include a large number of chip-ins from the green.

I'll have to fire it up and give it a shot...

The scores listed on the TG site are strokes taken

a) for 9 holes

b) not sorted properly (my score should be second to last)

c) played on Difficulty B

As for scoring, the following comes straight from the manual for the game:

Hole No. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 TOTAL

Par 3 5 4 4 4 5 4 3 4 36

The Human Cannonball scores in the dBase are still hosed. We are working to get many shortcomings fixed.

Not sure what is up at twingalaxies - 46 under par is obviously impossible (par is 36) and you have to hit the ball AT LEAST once per hole, for a theoritical low score of 9 (although this is certainly impossible with the angles and distance the ball will travel).  My guess is that it is for 4 rounds of golf, which would make sense, although VERY impressive (46 under would mean an average score of under 25 four games in a row!!!).  I have theorized with my tests that the lowest score I can obtain is a 21, which would include a large number of chip-ins from the green.

I'll have to fire it up and give it a shot...

Actually, the scores listed are for number of strokes taken in 9 holes, not a measure of "under par". :)

We should have an AtariAge Tourney. Say 72 holes over a few days (18 a day) post your daily score (on honor of cource since this is golf) what say ye?

Of cource I would have to figure out how to play the stupid game since I can not seem to hit the ball, but I will work on it tonight!)

Thanks Ron. I appreciate the reply. 8)

The Human Cannonball scores in the dBase are still hosed.  We are working to get many shortcomings fixed.

I feel a lot better now knowing someone didn't play that damn game 5,000 times straight! It seems impossible but I wouldn't put it past some people. ;)

My personal best is a 29!!!

WOW! That is incredible!!! Way to go!

We should have an AtariAge Tourney. Say 72 holes over a few days.

Sounds fun :D

That could be a neat new goal:

Over an extended period of time...

Play each of your Atari 2600 games for 24 hours straight.

First might be a full day of Pitfall!

Followed by 24 hours straight of Phoenix

Eating and bathroom breaks allowed. :)

It would give some measure of how each game ranks on an "extended play" index. Like, for example, which games did you get "sick of" the fastest.

The chance of getting "in the zone" during a 24 hour play period on the same game would be really high.

But how would you decide what difficulty setting to have it on, or mode of play? Those variables might mess this whole thing up, but even if it were space invaders, at least only this game would be in the system for 24-hours.

Geeze I would like to have at least an hour to play 2600 games straight! Although of course those times do come, I haven't had a free time for goofing off like that in a couple of weeks.... unless of course I do it late at night but by that time, I'm pooped! :roll:

After an analysis, I came up with the following for Golf. The "Best" is the lowest score I've gotten on the hole, with both difficulty switches on 'A' (the left switch controls the size of the cup, the right one determines whether you can cut through rough). I've never been able to get all 9 'Best' scores on each hole in one game - my lowest score is 29.

Hole Par Best

-------------------------

1 3 2#

2 5 3

3 4 3

4 4 2

5 4 2

6 5 2

7 4 3

8 3 2

9 4 2*

-------------------------

36 21

#On hole #1, my general approach is to cut the rough on my second shot for a birdie, but it is possible to get a birdie on difficulty 'B'

*On hole #9, with the right difficulty switch on 'B' I have not been able to get a 2 - the lowest I've gotten is a 3. I do not think it's possible to get a 2 - the only way I've done it is by cutting the rough on my first shot with the difficulty switch on 'A'.

Good luck!