IGNORED

What's yer Handicap?

StanJr

Ron-

Thanks for the info.  It certainly makes more sense.  Will the golf scores be fixed so that they come up in the right order?  If I play the game on difficulty A, would this start another category of scores?  

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Yes, our intent is to fix all score anomolies (sp) as soon as we can. I could create a new category for Diff A... :)

We should have an AtariAge Tourney.  Say 72 holes over a few days (18 a day)  post your daily score (on honor of cource since this is golf)  what say ye?

Of cource I would have to figure out how to play the stupid game since I can not seem to hit the ball, but I will work on it tonight!)

I'd be game for this. (Shameless TG plug) If you record your game to tape or .avi (PCAEWin), you can submit it for TG consideration. (Shameless plug off)... :)

Stan -

Yes - the dark green border is the "rough". When the right difficulty switch is in the 'B' position, you cannot hit the ball through it - it will just stop. On 'A', you can hit it through, but it slows the ball down considerably. If the ball gets stuff in the rough, hitting it out is almost like hitting it out of the sand traps. I keep it on 'A' so I can cut the rough on hole #1 and #9, but I put the left difficultly on 'A' to make the cup smaller to make up for that little advantage. In the end, I usually miss two putts a game because of the smaller cup, so I don't think it's worth it. The easiest way to play, IMO, would be left diff. on 'B' and right on 'A'. Just don't get stuck in the rough!!!

Have fun!!

What?  What the heck is a scratch player?  Its impolite to scratch in public.

I dont know if this is the case over the pond, but when a real-life golfer plays off a zero handicap, there are to said to play scratch.

So if your good and enter a 'Scratch Tournament' you can kiss goodbye to yer handicap, because they dont count, if it takes you 95 to do the round, 95 is the score you get.

Adam

Ya, I know ZIP about golf. Only what one can learn from playing Jack Nicklaus Golf on NES and Mario Golf for N64, and a couple of other computer golf games.

Scratch player and handicap are terms that are totally new to me!

thanks for the education!

Learn-as-I-go Stan :)

I havent found a fail-safe way around this, however you can reduce the frequency with which it happens by -

• Switch on 'Display FPS' in the Preferances, this will display the frames per sec in the top left corner of the display.
  • when you then load a rom, you will see that it ticks over nicely at whatever its set to (60 default)
  • click the 'record avi' button'
  • when youve entered the filename and clicked 'save' you'll notice the fps drop off dramatically and start to build back up slowly to 60

at this stage down tools, dont touch anything and wait until the FPS has built up-to its correct rate, when its back upto 60 and things have calmed down your far less likely to encounter the problem, it works for me.

If you try to move, fire, whatever before the FPS has become stable it seems to carry on having problems and the fps jumps around all over the place.

It will still happen occasionally but hopefully yoou'll have less of a problem. :)

Alternatively you can use the DOS version (2.5 or 2.6 only) in which Ive never had the problem. To record to .avi in the DOS version you press BACKSPACE to start the dump and then BACSPACE or ESC to end it.

Adam