IGNORED

Stella 2.6.1 released

stephena

All of these are very good ideas, and something I will definitely look into for the next release. The last major release was really the first time Stella has a real filesystem browser, so the next release will add better features to it.

Another thing that would be nice is support for folder aliases under Mac OS X -- right now they're just treated as unmountable files. My bB stuff lives in a totally different directory than my main ROMs folder, and it'd be nice to be able to quickly jump between the two (I've put an alias of each folder in the other one).

Hmm, I've never heard of those before. I guess I'll have to reboot my Mac into actual Mac mode and take a look (it's currently running Linux :) )

• 2 weeks later...

Stella crashes with "Windows Mobile 6.1 April 2008" release. Bigtime.

I'm able to run the software for a few seconds, and while the program is initializing, the screen turns black (as expected for the menu) but then a bright grey line shows at the top of the screen and the application crashes. I don't know how to paste the crash log or how to get around this. I have the roms in the right place...

Is this a user error or is something else at play here?

Edited by Csonicgo

• 1 month later...

I'm an otherwise happy Stella user but I'd like to report a problem I'm having (and a workaround)

Problem:

If Stella is started with the opengl renderer then there is no sound at all. However, if Stella is started with the software renderer the sound works the way it is supposed to. Further, the sound also works with the opengl renderer if I start with the software rendener and then change to opengl renderer without restarting.

Workaround:

swap lines 437 and 438 in the OSystem.cxx file so that the

audio is initialized before the video.

The version of Stella I'm using is 2.6.1 and I'm running it on an old laptop

with ATI mobility radeon 9200, Windows XP Pro.

I'm an otherwise happy Stella user but I'd like to report a problem I'm having (and a workaround)

Problem:

If Stella is started with the opengl renderer then there is no sound at all. However, if Stella is started with the software renderer the sound works the way it is supposed to. Further, the sound also works with the opengl renderer if I start with the software rendener and then change to opengl renderer without restarting.

Workaround:

swap lines 437 and 438 in the OSystem.cxx file so that the

audio is initialized before the video.

The version of Stella I'm using is 2.6.1 and I'm running it on an old laptop

with ATI mobility radeon 9200, Windows XP Pro.

Hmm, that makes no sense at all :) I'd have to look at the 2.6.1 file, because the codebase has changed so much over the past several months that I don't remember what it was before. A new release is coming in January, so maybe the problem will be taken care of.