IGNORED

GameGavel.com - Auctions for Gamers! - Play VIDGRID - The GameGavel Game

Parrothead

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, all. Check out http://www.chasethechuckwagon.com as a much less expensive alternative than Ebay. It's in the very early stages but is getting favorable responses on other newsgroups where I participate. I was a pretty big eBay regular but started getting tired of the fees and their new formats being shoved down my throat, etc.

Let me know what you all think.

We have some big changes coming to ChaseTheChuckwagon.com. Including a complete facelift as well as a name change to GameGavel.com. And tonight we are restructuring the main categories to system names which will make it easier for buyers to search for items for the system of their choice.

To hear about this and other exciting news about the net's most successful gaming auction site listen to our October "AuctionTalk" Podcast:

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/AuctionTalk.mp3

New ChaseTheChuckwagon Tile Matching Game coming soon to both the Iphone, Facebook and you guessed it our homepage.

You are "ChasingTheChuckwagon", trying to accumulate as much "Loot" as possible by matching two photo tiles featuring items from LIVE! auctions. Once you match the pair they disappear and are added to your "Loot". Be careful not to turn over two consecutive "Robber" tiles or you lose one life. Lose three lives and it's GAME OVER! Oh, and your game also ends if time runs out before matching all the cards in a given wave. Pocket Watch tiles will extend your time and the Train tiles will randomly shuffle all remaining tiles to new locations. Clear one wave and another appears, but with more cards and less time to complete the wave.

How much "Loot" can you score? And while playing will you find something you actually want to buy? Choose to play with tiles from specific categories, or from newly listed or ending soon auctions. High scores will also be shown so we can see who is most successful "ChasingTheChuckwagon".

Once your game ends you will be able to scroll through your "Loot" and bid on any of the items you found. ChaseTheChuckwagon will feature endless game play as no two games will be the same and all players will see different game tiles so all auctions will get considerable exposure.

This will be a FREE Iphone Ap. Look for it in the near future!

Site will be down tonight from about 11-00-1:00AM EST for site upgrade.

In our continuing efforts to grow our auction site we are making some big changes. And these changes are coming soon. Tomorrow!

Part of this new complete site upgrade involves operating under a new name that will be more identifiable to a "gaming" auction site, http://www.GameGavel.com. We have about 2,000 new visitors each month and I think our new name combined with our new layout will entice many more of them to register on their first visit.

Our forums have already made the change over, check them out at:

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/forum/index.php

In addition to a complete site appearance change we will be implementing these new features over the coming days:

Zip Code Search

Improved Bulk Uploading System

Revamped Members Area

Improved Member-to-Member Communication System

Improved Member-to-Member Invoicing System

The Addition of "Member Since . . ." to all Seller Homepages and Item Listing Pages

And more!

We also have a big announcement forthcoming about a formal relationship with one of the largest video gaming communities online. This new relationship is sure to bring our site infront of hundreds of thousands of gamers around the World. It's going to be an exciting 2010!

gglogo.png

I know the Chasethechuckwagon name was cool and near and dear to the Atari community, but GameGavel is a much better name for mainstream purposes - good luck.

Ya, it was difficult giving up the name. Actually, the company I set up that all this is running under is ChaseTheChuckwagon so it's still around. I am also keeping the address bar Chuckwagon Icon as a reminder of where the site started :)

Checking out now but seems some sellers need to know how to list

I click on Atari 2600 then systems and see multiple listings of Atari 400/800 games i pass on those type of sellers that can not or will not list properly

I figure if you cant list your items in the right Category your not too bright and I wont trust you to handle a deal properly

I understand an occasional mistake happens but as I explored Gamegavel just now I see its a regular thing in a lot of the listings

Ebay is no better for sure but at least there's a report listing

Checking out now but seems some sellers need to know how to list

I click on Atari 2600 then systems and see multiple listings of Atari 400/800 games i pass on those type of sellers that can not or will not list properly

I figure if you cant list your items in the right Category your not too bright and I wont trust you to handle a deal properly

I understand an occasional mistake happens but as I explored Gamegavel just now I see its a regular thing in a lot of the listings

Ebay is no better for sure but at least there's a report listing

We recently had a complete category restructuring and some exisiting items got rearranged. I have asked all sellers to doublecheck their listings and make any corrections. Many have yet to do it. But as times goes by it should work itself out. I have notified a few today of it as well.

And thanks for mentioning the Report Listing. We had that before the site change over and I didn't notice it was now missing so my developer was told about it. We should have the Report Listing back up soon :)

Edited by Parrothead

All that time put into CTCW as a name is now down the tubes. I prefer CTCW by leaps and bounds. Alot of folks are gonna think it's the same gamegavel from before. This might not have been a smart move but hey what do I know...lol.. But still, CTCW was a better name.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Personally I preffered the ChasetheChuckwagon.com one. I don't really understand this. This is like McDonalds buying out Wendy's and then switching their name to Wendy's. Or Coke buying out RC Cola and then changing their name to RC Cola. Don't you get it your the bigger company. You worked hard to establish ChasetheChuckwagon, and now you change your name to a lesser known company? :?

Personally I preffered the ChasetheChuckwagon.com one. I don't really understand this. This is like McDonalds buying out Wendy's and then switching their name to Wendy's. Or Coke buying out RC Cola and then changing their name to RC Cola. Don't you get it your the bigger company. You worked hard to establish ChasetheChuckwagon, and now you change your name to a lesser known company? :?

Exactly. Coke wouldn't change it's name to RC Cola. Why change CTCW to the failed GG name?

I liked CTCW as well, but to carry the site forward it needed to be changed. Most people never heard of CTCW or GG so to most of the gamers in the World they won't even know it had a name before GG. Also for everyone saying they preferred the old name I have 5 that say they like GG much better. I think the site was plateauing with the classic gamers and the name CTCW wasn't going to have any meaning for the younger generation, a market that I will be going after heavily in 2010.

You will still see the Chuckwagon being represented here and there :) Sites traffic is up considerably since the change over and that is a good sign. And the CTCW domain will be kept and forwarded to GG for quite a while so we will still benefit from all the marketing and links floating around the net.

Edited by Parrothead

I liked CTCW as well, but to carry the site forward it needed to be changed. Most people never heard of CTCW or GG so to most of the gamers in the World they won't even know it had a name before GG. Also for everyone saying they preferred the old name I have 5 that say they like GG much better. I think the site was plateauing with the classic gamers and the name CTCW wasn't going to have any meaning for the younger generation, a market that I will be going after heavily in 2010.

You will still see the Chuckwagon being represented here and there :) Sites traffic is up considerably since the change over and that is a good sign. And the CTCW domain will be kept and forwarded to GG for quite a while so we will still benefit from all the marketing and links floating around the net.

What about the name "Game Wagon" and keep the old colors and graphic(the yellows and oranges)?

Edited by Shawn Sr.

See that is the problem. You actually had a nitche, and now you don't. In an effort to reach out to a larger population you have alienated your core base. I predict that you will do much worse with the new name, and you will rue the day that you ever changed it in the first place.

See that is the problem. You actually had a nitche and now you don't. In an effort to reach out to a larger population you have alienated your core base. I predict that you will do much worse with the new name, and you will rue the day that you ever changed it in the first place.

Alienated? No. A lost "nitche" (its spelled "niche")? No. A massive amount of BAWWWWWWING and butthurt from Homer? Yes.

Get over it, Lucille. You need to realize that the former CTCW is a business first. I personally like the new name, it should reach a larger audience. Even though it is no longer called CTCW, its still the same old site we all love.

Have a nice day.

Edited by brandondwright

The niche of a video game dedicated auction site is still in tact. And it's the most succesful one at that. What you all don't see and it's not something that I want to announce to the world is that sales are down. Bidding is down. This month registrations are off about 50%. Listings have been maintained thanks to some die hard users and a few new users. But out of the 3100 people registered on the site only about 100 are listing and hundreds of them haven't been back to use the site in months. That's a problem. And one that scares me daily.

I need new blood in this thing and we don't have years to cultivate it. The internet moves at light speed and I need to keep up. If you all want to help start some listings, bid on some things - there are tons of great deals for all systems. As you know there is no cost to list. The fate of this site, no matter what the name, is in our hands; all of ours. Just look at the Auction forums here and in other classic gaming forums. How many people are using the site. Hardly any. And the majority of the people who both bought and were gifted free seller accounts still aren't using the site.

The site makeover also includes tons of little functionality improvements. It's absolutely a joy to use. But the majority of our members aren't using it to bid or sell. The good news is that we are in final negotiations with a large gaming community that will elevate this to a new level, they have thousands of members and millions of unique monthly vistors from all around the world. And CTCW won't jive with the majority of their members or visitors.

There is nothing stopping the "classic" gamer from using the site. The name change doesn't affect anything. As said above it's the same community as the Chuckwagon, now mostly made up of classic gamers and collectors. We need to welcome in the younger gamers (maybe our kids) into this site and show them there is a better alternative to Ebay for all of us. That is really the bottom line.

I can assure you all, the site isn't going anywhere, no matter what the sales levels are. Mainly because I can't imaging myself ever using Ebay again on any consistent level. I just hate Ebay and have had just as much success selling my stuff on my site as on Ebay. Even if I were paying the small fees I would still be way ahead of where I would have been selling the same items there. I believe in it, but selling most of the gaming community on it, even after a year and a half is a huge challenge. I just want it to continue to grow and be something big. The American Dream. I want to quit my "real" job and grow this thing into the Ebay for gaming. I want it to be the #1 place people of all ages think to go to sell and buy their games. I want it to always be a good value for our members. When ever I make changes to the site, it is because I think it will benefit the sellers, who are depending on me to bring in more buyers. The site was simply plateauing as I said with the classic gaming crowd and a change had to be made.

I hope you all stick with me :)

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 1

And don't forget the sister site www.Vendazzle.com for collectibles, toys, and all your other non-gaming needs! :D

I think the new look for GameGavel is awesome!

Dude, nobody uses Vendazzle. If it was worth while Mike would never have sold it off.

Ouch..... That was uncalled for.....

And don't forget the sister site www.Vendazzle.com for collectibles, toys, and all your other non-gaming needs! :D

Dude, nobody uses Vendazzle. If it was worth while Mike would never have sold it off.

Not really, I'm just calling it how it is.

Not really, I'm just calling it how it is.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... well... *stammering* you're a... CANADIAN! :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0Z1VqGh_k

(just calling it how it is) :D

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax