IGNORED

Dukes Of Hazzard -Prototype

pangasinan

Would you mind posting a pic of the PCB? All DOH's I have ever seen, had a mask ROM on them, assuming it's the 16K version and not Stunt Cycle. :)

DOH !

simpsons-the-doh-4900304.jpg

LMAO

No its not stunt cycle,its the proper game.below is some pics of the board.

Yep, that's the one, Best Electronics final version. Cheers.

Its not from Best Electronics at all :ponder: its comes from an ex Atari employee just ask DreamTR ,he got it from the Atari employee

It's the same thing, production PCB, probably came from Dan Kramer.

Not its not the same thing at all :roll: it maybe a production PCB ,but it still came from Atari and not from Best Electronics.

Edited by pangasinan

Its not from Best Electronics at all :ponder: its comes from an ex Atari employee just ask DreamTR ,he got it from the Atari employee

Not its not the same thing at all :roll: it maybe a production PCB ,but it still came from Atari and not from Best Electronics.

Yes it is. :ponder: It'd be the same, if some bum found it in a trashcan. Or if Nolan licked it. :P

Yes it is. :ponder: It'd be the same, if some bum found it in a trashcan. Or if Nolan licked it. :P

Whatever :roll: have a good day :)

What's the story behind these. :?:
Below is from Atariprotos.com

Dukes of Hazzard was burned onto actual ROMs and ready to be released but was canceled at the last moment.

Dukes of Hazzard is an oddity among prototypes in that it's really not a prototype at all! Dukes of Hazzard was actually burned onto regular ROM chips that were just about to be put into carts and shipped when Atari abruptly decided to cancel the game. According to the programmer the game was still being worked on, so it is a mystery as to why Atari would go through the expense of manufacturing ROM chips. Perhaps Atari was so desperate for a game for their Dukes of Hazzard license they were willing to take whatever they could get their hands on?

Very interesting. I don't really want to ask here in the open, but if some of you folks could PM me and tell me how much these are worth approximately, I would be very grateful. I've never owned a proto, and this one seems like a good way to start.

Very interesting. I don't really want to ask here in the open, but if some of you folks could PM me and tell me how much these are worth approximately, I would be very grateful. I've never owned a proto, and this one seems like a good way to start.

$50-$100 for the Best Electronics one, I don't want to get involved on weather or not this one is any different since I don't know but thats what the best electronics version sell for :)

10-4, not nearly as cool as the original he is selling though.

Would the rom be the same?

Unrelated... would you ever share your knowlege on label making? Id like to get into that for the fun of it. I'm not knowlegable on the electronics part of this so I'm not competition or anything. I do however get enough lousy labels on my homebrews that Id love to have the skill.

AX

Unrelated... would you ever share your knowlege on label making? Id like to get into that for the fun of it. I'm not knowlegable on the electronics part of this so I'm not competition or anything. I do however get enough lousy labels on my homebrews that Id love to have the skill.

AX

http://www.labelmaker2600.com/

My understanding is that most of the DoH carts out there used a DIP mask ROM. This is the first time I've seen a die-bonded version of the cart. Has anyone else seen a die-bond version? If not, I would think the cart is likely authentic. I doubt anyone today could forge a one-off die-bonded cart for less than $10,000.

AX

Yes, same ROM. Hours of Photoshop work, not much more I can say, except a little creativity mixed in.

The labelmaker is fine for some people, but it doesn't meet my resolution standards for printing, I work with files that are 20-30MB in size. ;)

My understanding is that most of the DoH carts out there used a DIP mask ROM. This is the first time I've seen a die-bonded version of the cart. Has anyone else seen a die-bond version? If not, I would think the cart is likely authentic. I doubt anyone today could forge a one-off die-bonded cart for less than $10,000.

Every single one I have ever seen was blob style, I have never ever seen a DIP one.

EDIT: There was a guy in the Bay Area who sold a shitload of Duke's and about 10 other PCB's in little baggies a couple of years ago, they were all blob style. And every single one from Best I've opened, same thing.

Every single one I have ever seen was blob style, I have never ever seen a DIP one.

EDIT: There was a guy in the Bay Area who sold a shitload of Duke's and about 10 other PCB's in little baggies a couple of years ago, they were all blob style. And every single one from Best I've opened, same thing.

Okay--I must have had it confused with something else. Nevermind.