IGNORED

Toms navigator

bluemax2007

MetalGuy66:

In France (and possibly other countries, too) Mo. stands short for MegaByte.

Bluemax:

Get MakeATR from this location

Manual is polish language, but the program is quite self explanatory. You can use it to create .ATR files

and also to insert single files into .ATR image files.

Download a zipped 16 MB (16 Mo.) .ATR with MyDOS 4.50 and Toms Navigator as well as some

Demos and Games in subdirectories here.

Greetings,

Beetle

Edited by Beetle

thanks beetle,

this is a very nice "start" for sio2pc/harddisk users. I still prefer SDX however, mydos+subdirectories seems to be very effective when it comes to compatibility.

greeting,

\twh

p.s.: seems you guys had a save trip back home? The PLatariada was as nice as every year.. what else to expect :)

I didn't know you could stick any file onto an atr with MakeAtr...i thought that you could only stick xex's/com's/exe's (or atari dos bin.load exec's) onto atr's with MakeAtr

As for tom's navigator...never heard of it...is that similar to Spartadros's 'file copy' program

Edited by carmel_andrews

I added some games (.com, .xex and .exe) with Atadim on 16Mb .atr from Beetle...

but, 90% of these games doesn't work !!

why ?

the files needs to be patched ?

Some executables have code that low in memory that it overwrites parts of MyDOS and/or Toms Navigator. Unfortunately, MyDOS uses quite much memory. A DOS 2.5 or TurboDOS is much smaller in memory. MyPicoDOS will most probably start most of that files.

Its not possible to patch those files to work with MyDOS. The code would have to be relocated in memory.

Put the 16MB .ATR as D2: and boot the MyPicoDOS install .ATR , you can put MyPicoDOS on D2: and use the 16MB image with it, too.

If you want to work with ATR's on a PC, get Windows Total Commander.

Then download the Atari ATR Plugin here:

http://gury.atari8.info/pc_files.htm

With that plugin Total Commander treats ATR files just like a folder(directory).

The ATR plugin for TotalCommander is in fact by far the easist way to mess with contents of ATRs. MakeATR is just less stuff to explain and install.

With Toms navigator, it's possible to create D1 ... D9 disk ?? but where's "manual" ( how to) ?

( I want put D1 ... D8 disk on my SIO2SD )

TomsNavigator doesn't make D1: - D9: for you, it lets you access them.

Enter images to D1: to D7: with APE or SIO2SD, D8: and D9: are for RAMdisks.

Edited by Beetle

Er well,

how about packing with Magnus Cruncher or Code3 Cruncher ?!? Most of these packed files will then run fine under MyDOS. Sidenote: Those packed / crunched files can only be loaded from DOS, after they have been unpacked, there is no way to return to DOS however...

Besides, if the files have only one data-segment + RUN-adress at the end and are not longer than 32kbytes one can "relocate" them with a Copy-Program called Super-Copy (or something similar). It will "relocate" any data segment to $1F00-xxxx and RUN adress 1F3F, so the program should work with most DOS versions. Alas, if the program has more than one data-segment, Init adress(es) or the data segment is longer than 32kbytes, then Super-Copy cannot help you...

Attached both programs here, let me know if you have problems using them... -Andreas Koch.

-Andreas Koch.

CharlieC...I just remembered...the magnus cruncher (Cruncher v5) doesnt allow either Init or Run Addresses (apparently, Magnus refers to these binary file types as 'Lamers')

Well,

afaik the Magnus Cruncher does not like Init adresses, thats why I prefer the Code 3 Cruncher (where the program can have lots of Init adresses, it only *must not end* with an Init adress. If so try replacing the last Init adress with a RUN adress, this works for a lot of Homesoft games which use Init instead of Run adress at the very end)...

Here I attached an older version of the Code3 Cruncher, the 64k disk-version 2.2D, when loaded, simply press START to load and pack a program, after the (game- or demo-) program has been loaded, insert the Code3 Cruncher, then press "7" and if you are as impatient as me then press "1" for fast packing. When packing has finished rainbow colors appear, now press RESET and reboot the Code3 Cruncher. In the menu press SELECT to re-load the packed code from disk (and wait a few seconds for re-loading from disk). When this has been done insert a DOS 2.x disk and give in a filename to save the packed program to disk. Finally press Space to goto Selftest or press Return to run the packed program...

Afaik, Code3 Cruncher can pack programs with data-segments ranging from $0480-06FF, $0A00-CFFF and $D800-FFFx, so a lot of programs can be packed with it. Only some Homesoft programs using $0100 (page 1) as data-segments and RUN adress and some Fandal programs (converted from turbo-tape) using $0700-xxxx and $0700 as RUN adress won`t work (but you can sometimes use Super-Copy to relocate these programs and then use Code3 Cruncher to pack the relocated programs)... -Andreas Koch.

In the bottom line you see possible commands. Press M for Makedir and D for delete file.

Press C for copy files from current window to the other.

Select multiple files with spacebar, or select all files with pressing S, but deselect subdirectories

afterwards, because not empty subdirectories can't be deleted or copied.

If you need to modify MyDOS for using your RAMdisk, rename DUP.SYS to TN.COM and DUP.BAK

to DUP.SYS, reboot. You have now the MyDOS's DUP running again. To get TN be your DUP

replacement again, simply rename back DUP.SYS to DUP.BAK and TN.COM to DUP.SYS.