IGNORED

Any love for Odyssey2 system?

toymailman

I've had an O2 for a long time, but since the left controller wasn't working, I couldn't really play it. I recently got another one, and I've been really enjoying KC's Crazy Chase and KC Munchkin. I'm impressed how colorful and flicker-free the graphics are. I don't have tons of games, but I'll definitely be picking up more if I see them.

Hey...remember though!!

I'm an O2 fanboy. I love that system.

:D

I love the O2, also... not as much as my Atari's though. :)

I've had an O2 for a long time, but since the left controller wasn't working, I couldn't really play it. I recently got another one, and I've been really enjoying KC's Crazy Chase and KC Munchkin. I'm impressed how colorful and flicker-free the graphics are. I don't have tons of games, but I'll definitely be picking up more if I see them.

Yeah, that built-in controller thing was brilliant. The best mod you can do is make them removable... and convert them to 2600 compatible while you're at it. :)

Nope,as soon as i saw the graphics for the O2 version of POPEYE,at my friends house,that was enough for me.

That's a bit like deciding the 2600 sucks based on Tigervision's Springer...

Seriously, if that's your only exposure, you're missing out on a really fun game system.

Exactly.

Talking about "contempt prior to investigation."

The O2 version of Popeye is horrid. You can't base the whole catalog on that one game.

Granted the O2 has many lame games....you have to be selective...but it has some bonified classics which any classic gaming enthusiast should not miss.

Plus, I think lack of third party support definitely played a roll as well.

Excellent games. Be careful, because there are a fair amount lousy games out there like the sports titles(except Baseball!).

I recommend the Multi-Cart because you get so much for your money. If you buy Killer Bees, Attack of the Time Lord, and Turtles separately, you will pay more than that. Plus you will get the homebrew Amok! (based on Berserk) plus the Parker Brothers games...like the excellent version of Q*bert and the lousy Popeye.

Edited by Recycled

Nope,as soon as i saw the graphics for the O2 version of POPEYE,at my friends house,that was enough for me.

That's a bit like deciding the 2600 sucks based on Tigervision's Springer...

Seriously, if that's your only exposure, you're missing out on a really fun game system.

I'm talking about "BACK THEN"when i was young and couldnt afford multiple systems as a young kid,like most here.I had the choice between an O2 and 2600,and ONLY one,and i saw the 2600 as an overall better system.I wasnt impressed by some of the 2600's game arcade ports as well,but the 2600 had a larger game library to choose from.Back then when they were in the store costing over $200,that wasnt an option for me.I just didnt like the O2's graphics overall.For all the 2600's bad looking games,its better looking games and ports outweighed or outnumbered the O2's IMO.

Edited by Rik

Yeah, it was just an attempt at humor

Yeah, me too. :)

-- the O2 wasn't a bad system at all. I thought the K.C. games were superior to Pac-Man itself, in any form. More interesting, I guess.

I agree, I enjoy KC Munchkin a lot more than most Pac-Man variations -- which I also enjoy.

My screen name gives me away. I grew up on the Odyssey 2. Back then I only had about 15 of the games. Today I only need 2 more complete box/manual/games to get the entire US collection (missing volleyball and keyboard creations). I also own JD's Multi-cart (excellent), a copy of Spiderman, KTAA, Shark Hunter, and Tutankham. I have 4 O2's but only 2 are in working order (including my original system). I have some plans for the others, if I ever get the free time to work on them.

IMHO the O2 is underrated. You have to play games like Turtles, Killer Bee's, KC Munchkin, Pick Axe Pete, or even a home brew like Amok or KTAA to appreciate the system. Every system has it's share of bad games and Odyssey is no exception.