IGNORED

AtariWriter Printer Driver Help

Fletch

I posted a question in an old AtariWriter thread so if you have already read that I apologize for the double question.

I was messing around with AtariWriter this weekend and cannot figure out how to load a custom printer driver. I have the driver for the 1020 printer on a disk from APX but I have no idea how to load it.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!

Fletch

I posted a question in an old AtariWriter thread so if you have already read that I apologize for the double question.

I was messing around with AtariWriter this weekend and cannot figure out how to load a custom printer driver. I have the driver for the 1020 printer on a disk from APX but I have no idea how to load it.

Thanks!

Fletch

You don't specify AtariWriter Plus, so I'll assume the original cartridge version. According to the AW manual, you must load the printer driver when booting. The manual doesn't specify, but that would suggest that it must be in the form of an AUTORUN.SYS file. Somewhere here I have the APX printer driver docs, but so far, I can't find it. If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll hunt some more.

-Larry

Larry,

Yes, its just the cartridge version. I will try to rename the driver autorun.sys and see what that gets me. I had thought about that, but always figured autorun.sys was just for BASIC.

I'll give it a shot.

Fletch

Thanks!

Fletch

You don't specify AtariWriter Plus, so I'll assume the original cartridge version. According to the AW manual, you must load the printer driver when booting. The manual doesn't specify, but that would suggest that it must be in the form of an AUTORUN.SYS file. Somewhere here I have the APX printer driver docs, but so far, I can't find it. If this doesn't work, let me know and I'll hunt some more.

-Larry

Larry,

Good call on the autorun.sys, worked like a champ! Thank you!

Pete

Thanks!

Fletch

-Larry