IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Turbo EverDrive has currently only been tested with the standard PCEngine CoreGrafX II and TurboGrafx-16. USB version of cart will not fit in SuperGrafx

Now I am going to guess the answer is no but just to confirm (and help me decide if I should ever bother) if one is lucky enough to have a SuperGrafx will this load and play those few specific SuperGrafx titles? THANKS. If not no biggy, I have pre-ordered already from you and look forward to using on one of my TG-16's!

I'll try it when I get mine.

If it doesn't work, I have all the SuperGrafx titles anyway. :)

I'd definitely like to know the answer when you get around to trying it. I just received my SuperGrafx yesterday. I doubt I will be getting my hands on any of the expensive titles, so it will be nice to use the flash cart for those. :)

I was reading about the SD2SNES here......

http://shop.retrogat...NES-SD2SNES.htm

It says,

Enhancement chips

Each supported enhancement chip can be used in conjunction with MSU1.

Implemented:

• BS-X memory map / Satellaview base unit registers (clock)
  • DSP1 / 1b
  • DSP2
  • DSP3
  • DSP4
  • ST-010
  • Cx4
  • MSU1
  • S-RTC

No Super FX, on this $200 flashcart? Good grief, I'm a bit shocked! I admit I haven't been following this closely, but I thought that was the entire point of this. Playing Starfox 2 would have been the crown jewel of owning this.

I was reading about the SD2SNES here......

http://shop.retrogat...NES-SD2SNES.htm

It says,

Enhancement chips

Each supported enhancement chip can be used in conjunction with MSU1.

Implemented:

• BS-X memory map / Satellaview base unit registers (clock)
  • DSP1 / 1b
  • DSP2
  • DSP3
  • DSP4
  • ST-010
  • Cx4
  • MSU1
  • S-RTC

No Super FX, on this $200 flashcart? Good grief, I'm a bit shocked! I admit I haven't been following this closely, but I thought that was the entire point of this. Playing Starfox 2 would have been the crown jewel of owning this.

Super FX is coming in future firmware update. It is not an easy task to reverse engineer this stuff. Besides the price doesn't have much to do with the labor involved. He obviously does that for the love of it. The price is high because the hardware is super expensive.

The SD2SNES does not use donor chips like previous SNES flash carts did with DSP1. It emulates the chips in the FPGA.

Have you seen the MSU1 stuff, especially Super Road Blaster? That is pretty amazing in itself I hope we see more games like that ported. The only other way to play MSU1 is with the bsnes emulator. This is running it on actual hardware.

http://youtu.be/hyVFgAC_HlU

• Like 1

Super FX is currently being implemented, see http://sd2snes.de/blog/status

The problem is that it's been in the implementation stage for well over a year now.

I have an SD2SNES and have been hoping some of the other co-processors finally get implemented. I'll be ordering another cart the moment it supports SA-1. I just don't expect that to happen any time soon.

I once reached out to Ikari, to see if he's been leveraging any of the reverse engineering research done by Byuu for BSNES. I never heard back from him. It would be a shame if he's trying to do everything from scratch, as there's a ton of solid information available about the co-processors now.

The problem is that it's been in the implementation stage for well over a year now.

I have an SD2SNES and have been hoping some of the other co-processors finally get implemented. I'll be ordering another cart the moment it supports SA-1. I just don't expect that to happen any time soon.

I once reached out to Ikari, to see if he's been leveraging any of the reverse engineering research done by Byuu for BSNES. I never heard back from him. It would be a shame if he's trying to do everything from scratch, as there's a ton of solid information available about the co-processors now.

Actually it hasn't been in implementation for almost a year. He has been way too busy making boards and just making current firmware stable. He only started touching SuperFX a few months ago. I have no idea if he is doing it from scratch or not. I highly doubt it if there is already information out there he can use. He has already stated that he hopes next firmware update will be 0.1.4 -> 0.2.0 (SuperFX).

Actually it hasn't been in implementation for almost a year. He has been way too busy making boards and just making current firmware stable. He only started touching SuperFX a few months ago. I have no idea if he is doing it from scratch or not. I highly doubt it if there is already information out there he can use. He has already stated that he hopes next firmware update will be 0.1.4 -> 0.2.0 (SuperFX).

Maybe instead of 'implementation' I should have said it's been listed as 'work in progress' for almost a year. I don't know how long he's actually spent working on it.

Maybe instead of 'implementation' I should have said it's been listed as 'work in progress' for almost a year. I don't know how long he's actually spent working on it.

I understand, but I was just stating what I know about his progress on the SuperFX. I had asked him a few months ago how far a long he was because I am not sending an SD2SNES out for review until at least SuperFX is implemented since its a big deal to a lot of people. He told me he hadn't even started code on it, only heavily researched it.

I asked him again not that long ago and he said he was almost done with all his boards and that's his next project. On the AssemblerGames boards he stated that he hoped to jump from 0.1.4 to 0.2.0 (Super FX).

My guess is if he wasn't confident on his ability to implement it then it would be listed under TBD like SA-1 is. Him listing it under Work in Progress makes me think he is pretty confident in his ability to implement it. I hope he gets SA-1 someday too. That would be awesome.

It would be a fairly big disaster if he gave up and didn't implement super fx, but he's said many times he spent too much time making boards for the batches he offered. Almost immediately after he started, he said he regretted not just having Krikzz do them instead, because it hogged so much time. I'm confident with him, he did the Capcom chip pretty quickly. SA-1 I don't think ikari has begun even to research it. I certainly hope he does do it.

I just pre-ordered my Turbo Everdrive from Retrogate. I'm a little bit disappointed that, as a previous Everdrive buyer from SAG, I didn't get an e-mail or anything alerting me that the Turbo Everdrive was available for pre-order. Maybe it's my fault for not checking a box or something at some point, though. Retrogate allows for the placing of orders on backordered items and SAG doesnt, so ultimately they got my money. Sorry, SAG.

Chris

• Like 1

I just pre-ordered my Turbo Everdrive from Retrogate. I'm a little bit disappointed that, as a previous Everdrive buyer from SAG, I didn't get an e-mail or anything alerting me that the Turbo Everdrive was available for pre-order. Maybe it's my fault for not checking a box or something at some point, though. Retrogate allows for the placing of orders on backordered items and SAG doesnt, so ultimately they got my money. Sorry, SAG.

Chris

I can't take unlimited back orders sorry. I took 40 pre-orders. You are acting as if I should just blindly take people's money when I have no idea when orders will be filled. I don't play that game. I am not saying KRIKzz has no clue when his back orders will ship, but he also has huge advantage over me (Retrogate = KRIKzz's store). I am an honest retailer. I refrain from taking people's money unless I have a good idea when their order will be filled. You can punish me for that if you desire, but what else can I do? People act like I have unlimited supply of this stuff. KRIKzz only had 100 PCBs for first batch. 40 went to me the rest went to him and other retailers. Until he gets next batch of PCBs from china I have no idea when my next batch will ship.

Our current software is very limited I can't e-mail people who ordered EverDrives in the past to alert them. I don't like spamming people. We did post updates on our FaceBook and Twitter. It was also post on AssemblerGames. Our new software we will be launching will have the ability to select if you want to get e-mailed when certain products arrive and stuff like that. I also do not like spamming forums with advertisements to my store. Its not what the forum is for and I don't want to be seen as just being here to promote my store (because I am not).

• Like 3

I can't take unlimited back orders sorry. I took 40 pre-orders. You are acting as if I should just blindly take people's money when I have no idea when orders will be filled. I don't play that game.

Agreed. I think this is actually a very wise policy.

SAG: I think you're being a bit hard on the guy, all he was saying is he wished he'd been notified... he WANTS "spam" from your store. I read his post more as a plea for a service you don't currently offer or a suggestion to offer the ability to get a newsletter, et al, he wasn't bashing your policies ... I think you took it personally

• Like 1

I can't take unlimited back orders sorry. I took 40 pre-orders. You are acting as if I should just blindly take people's money when I have no idea when orders will be filled.

Not taking blind pre-orders is good, but that's only half of his complaint.

The other half was that he was disappointed that, as a previous customer, he didn't get an e-mail notifying him of an upcoming product.

He wanted the SPAM!!! Where's the SPAM! :-)

:-)

desiv

p.s. Mark, Ha! Exact same reply, down to the SPAM! :-)

Edited by desiv

Honestly I am surprised KRIKzz is doing it.

SAG: I think you're being a bit hard on the guy, all he was saying is he wished he'd been notified... he WANTS "spam" from your store. I read his post more as a plea for a service you don't currently offer or a suggestion to offer the ability to get a newsletter, et al, he wasn't bashing your policies ... I think you took it personally

I am not trying to be hard on him. I was explaining my stance on this stuff and I explained limitations of how my store software works. I just wanted to make it clear why I am not taking back orders right now and why he wasn't e-mailed. If it sounds like I was attacking him personally I was not. I just want to make it clear.

Trust me I can't wait until I can offer the ability for customers to get notified better.

So Jibbajaba do not take my post as any type of attack. It was not one at all. Maybe a little frustration coming through, but nothing directed at you. Just at situation. Its frustrating for me to have customers who want to buy stuff from me, but my hands are tied. Yes I could take unlimited back orders, but I just can't do it.