IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

Yup, as I wrote, a major design snafu on Krikzz part, he should have known better. If he intends on making further models without the ability to upgrade firmware he's making an even bigger mistake.

Hey you don't have to justify premium purchases with me, I've certainly made my share! :o I already had the v2.5 in a red case (as I wanted) and such, and didn't see enough of a reason to upgrade. The reset hold to save seemed like the only major difference.

Haven't tried Gameboy, but NES games run well for the most part. There's still something "off" about the emulation in general, not a fan of it. Prefer to use my NES instead.

1) no argument

2) I wanted the best

3) NES emulation is good. There was plenty of room left over on the 32Gb SD card so I dumped a No-Intro NES set as well. Neat little tech demo regardless. It don't support near the number of mappers the N8 does however. Also my N64 composite output is sharper than NES composite output. Maybe it's all those extra bits? :P

Yes it`s true, that these are not multicarts or flashcarts, but in the list are even now lots of Floppy-Emulators mentioned. There are alot computers mentioned, have you read the list completely?

Look, there is the SD2IEC, the 1541Ultimate, Chameleon and so on in the list now. When these are mentioned, why not mentioning all Floppy-Emulators? Then we would have a complete list. And because of FPGA-systems - the Chameleon is also a FPGA-system, which can run a C64-core alone, without a real C64. So when the Chameleon is mentioned, why not mentioning the Minimig too? Especially because the firmware for the original Minimig-board is very compatibel in the meantime, because of lots and lots of updates. Would be great to have a complete list.

But i agree, that the name of the thread then is not 100% correct and should be "Flashcart, Multicart, Floppy-Emulators and FPGA List".

The thing is The Chameleon and other C64 devices you have mentioned are all plugged into original hardware. They are the C64's version of a console multicart, also remembering that C64's had fewer cartridge games and was mainly a cassette\disk based system. As far as I am aware a Minimig can not be plugged into an Amiga in the same way as Chameleon. Perhaps you could start a new thread for FPGA-systems as they are quite different than multicarts for original hardware. Then you can also add things like the Retron 5 to that list too, which really does not belong on this list. I think there was also the One Chip MSX and a new C64 motherboard which has been produced (but almost constantly out of stock). FPGA systems are not multicarts, and the only time they have been mentioned is when there is a crossover allowing them to be plugged into original hardware.

If you want the Gotek\Cortex Floppy Emulator added, make a post here in the same format as the original list with information and the thread author might add it. Look back on the posts I have made and then just copy and pastes and change the information.

The HXC floppy emulator is mentioned as: "Atari ST/Amstrad (CPC 6128)/Amiga+Many More!:" so I am not sure where you are only seeing Atari ST being mentioned? As all three systems start with "A" and have the menu system for loading games, and other systems do not have a menu loading system these are the three main systems people use HXCs for, and most other systems have better devices available. If people want to find the other systems it works with they can go to the HXC website. To mention every single system HXC and other floppy emulators work with would make the second post stupidly big. I just think common sense is needed, but I guess you could make a post here listing every system HXC has been tested and verified to work with. I just dont think it should be added to the second post.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PsychedelicShaman, first of all thanks for this amazing list! I consult it frequently, and I already got my hands on most of these devices! I add below some very good and useful Multicarts for computers that are not in the main list yet.

Atari 400/800/XL/XE:

• SIO2SD: allows you to load games/applications via SIO interface from SD/MMC cards. Handles ATR (rw), XFD (ro) and COM/XEX (ro) file types, 16x2 LCD display allows to "walk" catalog tree and choose files to load, Handles SIO with turbo, All densities with 128B and 256B sectors, including 16MB disks. Sold by Lotharek (Sep-2015)
  • Ultimate Cart: SD based multicart in development (Sep-2015) by ElectroTrains here at AtariAge.

Atari ST:

• Cosmos Ex: Great device made and sold by Jookie (Sep-2015) that serves as hard drive with SD card, USB or shared folder from PC, serves as floppy emulator loadin .st and .msa images, can download floppy images from internet directly to the device and as an extra can replace the keyboard, mouse and joysticks with modern USB devices. Has a nice case, and can be used internally or externally.
  • UltraSatan: Hard drive for the ST. Can be cased or internal. Also designed by Jookie, sold by Lotharek (Sep-2015).

Commodore Amiga:

• Gotek Floppy Emulator: allows to use USB memory sticks instead floppy disks on Amiga, ADF read/write support, Amiga control software, USB key support (FAT12,FAT16,FAT32). It's an inexpensive Gotek Drive with HxC Amiga firmware installed. Available at AmigaStore and usually in ebay. Development details here and here.

Commodore VIC-20:

• Final Expansion v3 Rev 10: A cartridge that can load programs from SD (has a SD2IEC incorporated), simulates cartridges, has a memory expansion and other goodies. A german site sinchai.de sells the board with all the components for assembling it yourself (Sep-2015). Stock is low but the replenish eventually (I bought one Sep 2015 - if like me you don't speak german, you'll need Google Translator!). Some threads about the Cart: Sleeping Elephant, Amibay, Forum 64 (German)

TI99/4A:

• 512K Cart: A programmable cart that can replace the standard TI carts. You can buy it with several available game compilations (aprox 30 games per compilation) from ArcadeShopper (Sep-2015). If you have an Rom programmer, you can burn your own carts (find roms created by Atari Age member Gazoo at this post). Development thread here, designed by Ksarul. Files for 3D printing TI99 cartridge shells at this post.
  • UberGrom Cart: Similar to the 512K cart, but it adds GROM, so it can replace special cartridges. ArcadeShopper sells them assembled (Sep-2015). There is a preprogrammed UberGrom with lots of utilities and games, that is sold as a separate cartridge: Extended Basic 2.7 Suite Cartridge. If you know how to, you can also burn your roms using the same images as above. Also designed by Ksarul.
  • 2048K board: This is board is like four 512K carts together. AtariAge member Ksarul, designs and (sometimes) sells them. As of Sep 2015, he offers 2 ROM packs, which are 4 of the 512K images together. Word of caution:all these boards are for specialized people, and the threads on how to burn roms or program the boards are not for the faint-hearted!

Sinclair ZX Spectrum:

• DivMMC Enjoy!: SD cartridge, compatible with all ZX Spectrum models: 16K, 48K, 128K, +2, +2A, +2B and +3. Similar to DivIDE but for SD. Supports TAP, .SNA, .TRD and more, and has other goodies: lovely case, joystick Interface, reset switch, etc.You can get them at ByteDelight or at SellMyRetro.

Sinclair ZX80 / ZX81 and Timex Sinclair 1000:

• ZXPand: Interface for the Sinclair ZX81 and Timex-Sinclair TS/1000 Home Computers. It can also be used in the ZX80 with a replacement ROM. It provides SD Memory Card reader - for instant loading from / saving to .p files (used by ZX81 emulators), 32K of configurable RAM memory, which can then be set up to use the various hi-resolution graphics schemes for the Sinclair ZX81 and more. Manual and more info at this website link. This also allows the recent Dragon's Lair port to be played.

Timex Sinclair 2068:

Edited by retango

Hi PsychedelicShaman, first of all thanks for this amazing list! I consult it frequently, and I already got my hands on most of these devices! I add below some very good and useful Multicarts for computers that are not in the main list yet.

Commodore Amiga:

• Gotek Floppy Emulator: allows to use USB memory sticks instead floppy disks on Amiga, ADF read/write support, Amiga control software, USB key support (FAT12,FAT16,FAT32). It's an inexpensive Gotek Drive with HxC Amiga firmware installed. Available at AmigaStore and usually in ebay. Development details here and here.

Thank you for the great list and helping listing these.

Does anyone know the difference between the Cortex and HxC Firmware? Do both have menu loading systems? And do these work with all Amiga's? (A500, A600, A1200).

Edited by StarshipUK

The thing is The Chameleon and other C64 devices you have mentioned are all plugged into original hardware. They are the C64's version of a console multicart, also remembering that C64's had fewer cartridge games and was mainly a cassette\disk based system. As far as I am aware a Minimig can not be plugged into an Amiga in the same way as Chameleon. Perhaps you could start a new thread for FPGA-systems as they are quite different than multicarts for original hardware.

Hm, i dont see the logic in this. The Chameleon64 can be used in two ways. One way is, that it is used together with a real C64 and then just emulates the floppy, like the 1541Ultimate also do it. The other way is, that the Chameleon64 can be used alone as a full FPGA C64, running a C64-core. And the Minimig do exactly the same with an Amiga-core, except that he can not be used just as a floppy-emulator. So the Chameleon64 then is only mentioned in the list, because it can be used also as a floppy-emulator, or what? I think, most people that buy a Chameleon64 will use it standalone with the C64-core, because otherwise, the people can buy the much cheaper 1541Ultimate and use this as a nearly perfect floppy-emulator.

In my meaning, the list in this thread is for informing people about all new interesting hardware, which can be used as mass-devices for retro games and then the Minimig belongs definately to the list, because he runs an Amiga-core on real chips. Its not like a software-emulation. Maybe other people think different about adding FPGA-products, but what is the problem in adding them? The more good new retro hardware is listed, the better for users that wants to be informed.

Then you can also add things like the Retron 5 to that list too, which really does not belong on this list.

No, the "Retron 5" runs with emulators and can not be compared with FPGA-products. I have nothing against the "Retron 5", I like emulators by the way. But this would really go beyond the scope for the list, because emulators you have thousands on handhelds, consoles, computers, smartphones and so on. Same with clone-consoles, which dont run emulators, because there are also much available.

FPGA systems are not multicarts, and the only time they have been mentioned is when there is a crossover allowing them to be plugged into original hardware.

Yes, they are no multicarts. Therefore i had suggested, to change the name and add "floppy emulatos and FPGA systems" to the thread name.

The HXC floppy emulator is mentioned as: "Atari ST/Amstrad (CPC 6128)/Amiga+Many More!:" so I am not sure where you are only seeing Atari ST being mentioned?

And i completely overlooked, that the Amiga is added at the end of this sentence. But the division, where this is written is the Atari one, because other Atari-products are in next divisions. It`s very easy, to overlook the Amiga here, because the "Commodore Amiga" has it`s own division later and there the HxC is not mentioned.

As all three systems start with "A" and have the menu system for loading games, and other systems do not have a menu loading system these are the three main systems people use HXCs for, and most other systems have better devices available.

Menu loading system (emulator manager program), or using the LCD-display and functions for choosing games. Both is possible on the HxC. But what "better devices"? The HxC`s compatibility-rate, when you look at Amiga-software, is by 99,99% and the flexibility of the HxC (Synthesizers, CNC-machines, other computers ...) is unbelievable high. I want to see this better devices, which should be available for other systems.

If people want to find the other systems it works with they can go to the HXC website. To mention every single system HXC and other floppy emulators work with would make the second post stupidly big. I just think common sense is needed, but I guess you could make a post here listing every system HXC has been tested and verified to work with. I just dont think it should be added to the second post.

This i also dont understand. When using the HxC as a retro-floppy-emulator, by far the most HxC`s were sold to Amiga users. I dont speak about using it with CNC-machines or Synthesizers, maybe here the most HxC sold overall, but for floppy-emulation, by far the most are Amiga-users. You can see this for example in the HxC-forum, in which division the most people are active. A product should be mentioned in that division, where it is best known for. Much more Amiga users bought a HxC than Atari-ST users did, which is normal because more Amigas were sold than Atari-ST`s. So why the HxC is listed not in the "Commodore Amiga" division of the list too? Because at the moment, for people who dont know the HxC, it can totally easy be overlooked, that it also can be used on "Commodore Amiga".

On the other hand, for me it`s not so important if these changes were made to the list or not. They were just suggestions from my side for improving. :)

Yes, thanks to "Retango" from me too, for adding next hardware to the list, especially for adding the Gotek. And where is the Gotek listed? In the "Commodore Amiga" division. Therefore the HxC also belongs there, especially when you see, that HxC-firmware can be used on Gotek too now.

Edited by AW127

AW127 I am not going to argue with you, but more than one person here agrees with me that FPGA-products do not belong in the main list of this thread. If the cross-over of the Chameleon64 offends you so much, perhaps we should just get it removed from the main list. Your right that the Ultimate is a better option, but there are many other devices listed where there is also a better option, such as the excellent Everdrives over the crappy Neo carts. Just create your own thread here exclusivly for FPGA devices PLEASE! I MEAN IT!!!! NOW!!!! CREATE YOUR OWN F'NG THREAD FOR THESE!!!!!! YOU WANT IT, JUST CREATE A NEW THREAD!!!! NOW! Problem Solved. I am sure if it is really good the retro gods may even add a link on the front pages of this thread to your new FPGA products thread, and myself and others will help by posting about FPGA devices on this new wonderful thread.

On a different note, scrolling along EBay I found this interesting item:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161814572296

$_57.JPG

Which looks to be a Amiga CD32 with a Gotek drive somehow attached in a case from Anal Ogic. I am not going to buy this as I already have a CD32 and this auction seems a tad overpriced, but does anyone here have any more information on this mod and how it works? Can the Gotek load CD32 CD games? If so is this acting as a CD replacement on the CD32, or is it just to load Amiga 1200 floppy games? Anyone know anything please?

TI99/4A:

• 512K Cart: A programmable cart that can replace the standard TI carts. You can buy it with several available game compilations (aprox 30 games per compilation) from ArcadeShopper (Sep-2015). If you have an Rom programmer, you can burn your own carts (find roms created by Atari Age member Gazoo at this post). Development thread here, designed by Ksarul. Files for 3D printing TI99 cartridge shells at this post.

Just two things to note on these.

1. The link to the games cart Eeproms is at http://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Hummingbird-Eeprom/p/33994194/category=12497083

Near the bottom of the page. There are 5 games ROMs.

2. To run these carts you need a 32k RAM EXPANSION on the TI99/4A. A bog standard TI99/4A will not run them and original external RAM upgrade devices look hard to find, and installing the extra RAM inside a TI99/4A does not look like an easy task. Another option is to also have a nanoPEB which will give the RAM upgrade, but I can't find them for sale anywhere. Only ever saw a couple for sale on EBay ages back, so guess they were never mass produced and no longer available.

• Like 1

AW127 I am not going to argue with you, but more than one person here agrees with me that FPGA-products do not belong in the main list of this thread. If the cross-over of the Chameleon64 offends you so much, perhaps we should just get it removed from the main list. Your right that the Ultimate is a better option, but there are many other devices listed where there is also a better option, such as the excellent Everdrives over the crappy Neo carts. Just create your own thread here exclusivly for FPGA devices PLEASE! I MEAN IT!!!! NOW!!!! CREATE YOUR OWN F'NG THREAD FOR THESE!!!!!! YOU WANT IT, JUST CREATE A NEW THREAD!!!! NOW! Problem Solved. I am sure if it is really good the retro gods may even add a link on the front pages of this thread to your new FPGA products thread, and myself and others will help by posting about FPGA devices on this new wonderful thread.

On a different note, scrolling along EBay I found this interesting item:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161814572296

$_57.JPG

Which looks to be a Amiga CD32 with a Gotek drive somehow attached in a case from Anal Ogic. I am not going to buy this as I already have a CD32 and this auction seems a tad overpriced, but does anyone here have any more information on this mod and how it works? Can the Gotek load CD32 CD games? If so is this acting as a CD replacement on the CD32, or is it just to load Amiga 1200 floppy games? Anyone know anything please?

Willing to bet it is just loading floppy images. Reason being us that company ANALOGIC has previously released a external floppy disk add-on for the CD32 for the purpose of loading floppy disks titles and that casing is otherwise identical.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Which looks to be a Amiga CD32 with a Gotek drive somehow attached in a case from Anal Ogic.

The CD32 must have an expander that's providing a floppy/RGB port as neither of those exist on a stock CD32. Could be something that comes with that floppy drive originally but I've never seen one of them.

Just create your own thread here exclusivly for FPGA devices PLEASE! I MEAN IT!!!! NOW!!!! CREATE YOUR OWN F'NG THREAD FOR THESE!!!!!! YOU WANT IT, JUST CREATE A NEW THREAD!!!! NOW! Problem Solved.

I answered to your remarks to my suggestions of integrating some more interesting new hardware for retro-products in an existing list. NOT MORE OR LESS!!! Integrate it or not and remove the Chameleon64 from the list or not. I totally dont care about this and your list!!! I SH.. ON IT!!! Makes totally no sense, that some FPGA systems listed and others not and also that the GOTEK then is in the Amiga-section, while the HxC is not mentioned there!!! But, what the hell!!! And i can also make lots of exclamation marks!!!

Oh and just saw it now, the list is not from you. The author of the first post is named "Psychedelic Shaman". So why you writin here, like it is your list? It`s the decision of the author, what he will integrate or not.

Edited by AW127

Just two things to note on these.

1. The link to the games cart Eeproms is at http://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/Hummingbird-Eeprom/p/33994194/category=12497083

Near the bottom of the page. There are 5 games ROMs.

2. To run these carts you need a 32k RAM EXPANSION on the TI99/4A. A bog standard TI99/4A will not run them and original external RAM upgrade devices look hard to find, and installing the extra RAM inside a TI99/4A does not look like an easy task. Another option is to also have a nanoPEB which will give the RAM upgrade, but I can't find them for sale anywhere. Only ever saw a couple for sale on EBay ages back, so guess they were never mass produced and no longer available.

Thank you so much for posting this, i was undecided if i should go for one of these or not but since my 99/4a is a stock ntsc model (just machine, speech unit, joysticks and twin tape leads), i now know there is no way i could use it, a great pity but such is life, i don't suppose you know of any multi carts that do work on a standard system as i'd love a way to run the games pack 1?

• 1 month later...

Minor update: beta PS-IO are out and almost every has it. Final version is expected available mid November. PS-IO for models that do not have parallel port should be available later. There's also possibility of PS-IO that supports hard drive instead of SD card but that's also later

Love this site and this topic. Been a voyeur for a while on Atariage. This is my first comment. :)

Here is my list of EVERDRIVES and/or FLASHCARTS I own. If you need any help finding or learning how to use them, feel free to ask. I am recommending this only for homebrew and PD software of course. :)

I actually joined this site/forum originally just to purchase some of these awesome pieces of hardware.

Everdrive's

NEC Turbo ED

NES N8

SNES SUPER EVERDRIVE

EVERDRIVE - N64

Nintendo Gameboy ED

Sega Master System ED (does SG1000)

Sega Genesis (does SMS and 32x)

Sega Game Gear (does SMS)

Other Flash Cards etc.

ATARI MAX 8MB Flashcarts (XE/XL/400/800)

ATARI MAX Ultimate SD 5200

ATARI MAX Ulitmate SD ColecoVision

HARMONY (Atari 2600)

SKUNKBOARD SILLY VENTURE EDITION (Jaguar)

I am currently pursuing getting the Atari Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket flash carts and something for the Atari 7800 to round out my collection. If you know about these units please PM me.

Have a great day!!!!!!!

Love this site and this topic. Been a voyeur for a while on Atariage. This is my first comment. :)

Here is my list of EVERDRIVES and/or FLASHCARTS I own. If you need any help finding or learning how to use them, feel free to ask. I am recommending this only for homebrew and PD software of course. :)

I actually joined this site/forum originally just to purchase some of these awesome pieces of hardware.

Everdrive's

NEC Turbo ED

NES N8

SNES SUPER EVERDRIVE

EVERDRIVE - N64

Nintendo Gameboy ED

Sega Master System ED (does SG1000)

Sega Genesis (does SMS and 32x)

Sega Game Gear (does SMS)

Other Flash Cards etc.

ATARI MAX 8MB Flashcarts (XE/XL/400/800)

ATARI MAX Ultimate SD 5200

ATARI MAX Ulitmate SD ColecoVision

HARMONY (Atari 2600)

SKUNKBOARD SILLY VENTURE EDITION (Jaguar)

I am currently pursuing getting the Atari Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket flash carts and something for the Atari 7800 to round out my collection. If you know about these units please PM me.

Have a great day!!!!!!!

Nice and welcome to the forums. I too have a decent collection of Everdrives and flash carts.

ED N8 (Famicom)

Super Everdrive v2 with DSP1 installed.

Everdrive MD v3

Turbo ED v1.2

ED 64 v3

GB Everdrive

NES PowerPak

Harmony (old version)

Currently I am waiting for:

Harmony Concerto (7800)

GBA Everdrive (Krikzz is rumored to be working on one)

i could do with help finding a skunkboard v3 or later, ebay prices are insane.

as for the ones you are chasing, the neo flash masta is for the ngp (available now http://www.flashmasta.com/ )and the concerto is almost here for the 7800 (some are already in the wild), for the lynx the best currently available is mateos lynx flashcard and usb burner ( http://www.vectrex.hackermesh.org/index.php/en/mvbd-mvmc-3/faq ) (you'll need the burner and the flashcard).

as for the ones i have

sms ed (sms)

pce ed (pc engine)

n64 ed (n64)

n8 ed (nes)

neo geo linker (neo geo pocket)

wondermagic color (wonderswan)

x-drive (pocketstation)

mateos 16 in 1 vectrex flashcard

mateos 8 in 1 supervision flashcard

mateos 16 in 1 lynx flashcard

ez flash 4 (gba)

ed md (megadrive)

atarimax coleco sd ultimate

sd ultimate (atari hcs/xegs)

cuttle cart (intellivision)

gb xchanger (gbc)

psx x-changer (gbc / n64 from a ps1)

bung fal (gba)

dr v64 (n64)

dr v64 jr (n64)

flashboy (virtual boy)

harmony (2600)

c4cpc (gx4000)

gbed (gb/gbc)

pocketvoice (gbc)

pseudosaturn (saturn)

in addition i have various multicarts or sd / usb devices for numerous home computers.

ones i'm always looking for are flashcarts for jaguar, v-smile, pokemon mini and gamate if anyone knows a source for any.

Edited by billysastard

JFMateos made a limited batch of Gamate flashcarts. He might still have one spare available, but only if you own rare games you'd accept to send him for dumping. Supposedly, Gamate games only, but if you own Journey to the West on the Supervision you might be able to get aboard as well.

JFMateos made a limited batch of Gamate flashcarts. He might still have one spare available, but only if you own rare games you'd accept to send him for dumping. Supposedly, Gamate games only, but if you own Journey to the West on the Supervision you might be able to get aboard as well.

yes, i'm in touch with the gamate dumping group and know that mateos flashcart exists however i'm sad to say that i'm not in a position to afford to buy (even if i could find) the rare undumped carts which seem to go for £stupid, probably partially caused by members of that same group and outsiders bidding against each other to get hold of these games, which remember are almost totally unplayable given the quality of the gamates terrible blurry screen.

I know? I have 3 gamate ;p

And no, people in the group warm themselves about biddins for not overbidding themselves. The problem is more that the Gamate have some sort of cult status in Taïwan. You think that Gamate console and games are sold for stupidly expensive prices here? in Europe or the US?

The cheapest Gamate I've found on Asian websites was sold for about 400us$. With 2 common games. And even the most common carts costs as much as 60$.

The problem being that the undumped carts are all Asian ones. So they are VERY expensive.

Edited by CatPix

I am surprised that no one mentioned the FDSStick, which is an easy to use disk drive emulator for the Famicom Disk System. You can obtain it here.

http://3dscapture.com/fdsstick/

I did a write up about it here : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-fdsstick-compact-solution-to-your.html

I am surprised that no one mentioned the FDSStick, which is an easy to use disk drive emulator for the Famicom Disk System. You can obtain it here.

http://3dscapture.com/fdsstick/

I did a write up about it here : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-fdsstick-compact-solution-to-your.html

Neat idea. I'm not really an FDS fan though. There just aren't enough exclusives that I couldn't just play on a PowerPak or Everdrive.