IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection Custom Case

doubledown

I was sick of looking at my minty Pac-Man Collection cartridge just sitting loose on my shelf so I made a case up for it. I used the front and rear of the manual for the front and rear of the case, and I grabbed the spine images from the cover. It came out pretty good, and looks a lot better than just the loose cart lying there. Not to mention it outta help to keep the dust and dirt away!

case1frontto3.jpg

case3spinepc8.jpg

case2reardx1.jpg

case4openia6.jpg

How well does the cart fit in that case?

..Al

These are "Universal Game Cases" that, as visible in the pic, have multiple internal tabs to hold all sorts of carts, like Genesis including standard and EA sports versions, SNES, N64 and others. I had to shave down two of the tabs where the end label of the cart is for it to fit, but other than that it's pretty solid. If you were to shake the crap out of it, you could get it to end up rotated about 45 degrees, but it will stay mostly centered in the event of an earthquake.

That's an awesome alternative to boxes!

Where I can get some of those cases, anyway? I'd love to buy up a whole ton of 'em for my loose games.

This is where I get them:

http://www.mediashelving.com/Merchant2/mer...tegory_Code=MED

They're only available in cases of 100 for $42.00 plus shipping, which to me in Ohio is about $26.00 for a total of $68.00 or $0.68 each. If you end up getting some head over to:

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

We've got a ton of covers uploaded on the site for about every major console ever made. I store all my loose carts in these cases as well as my N64 games so I don't damage the fragile cardboard boxes when I take out and put away cartridges.

Here's the complete cover image:

atari7800pacmancollectivn8.jpg

Edited by doubledown