IGNORED

Spreading the love! Free game (with a catch) !

Red 5

So Zwackery just tossed me a free Tac-Scan box.

That is so very cool. :cool:

I just happen to have an extra Tac-Scan game (boxless, of course) that was headed towards Ebay.

Neat coincidence.

So I am not selling the extra copy of Tac-Scan, but instead plan on sharing the love.

I will send my extra loose Tac Scan cart for free (you pay shipping, so let's call it $3.25 in a padded envelope.)

Here is the catch. If you are the person to get the game, you have to post something for free too.

Anything Atrai related. A manual, a game, a coffee mug with the Atari loge, anything will do.

Maybe we can keep this going for a while.

NO RE-SELLERS! That is so gross and icky at the same time. That is not spreading the love.

So your asking someone tp pay $3.50 for postage,then give away a free game to someone else ,then they will be $ 3.50 down and no better off...good luck with that one ;)

Well, you could ask the next guy to pay shipping as well and then it would be a wash. You should check out the KLOV (arcade collectors) forums. They have Free Fridays where people give all kinds of crap away. It is a pretty neat idea.

All righty then...

How about $2.25 shipping?

Of course the next person would not have to pay shipping too. :roll: Whoever gets the 'free' item pays shipping.

Just thought it was a nice idea.

Is everyone here that jaded by their old age?

Does this need to be analyzed and picked apart?

Pretend we are 20 again and not everything needs to make us all grumpy middle aged bores.

Pretend this might be fun.

it's an excellent idea and I'll send Steve the $2.50 to pay for the first initial postage since he's putting up the game and then that person that gets the Tacscan puts something up and pays to ship it to the next person and so on and so on. This way, no money exchanges hands except the initial one (me to Steve) and I will contribute that just because I want to, paypal wont get anything that way, and Steve has me in a good mood with this thread so if Steve agrees, I will send him the $ to get it started.

You can keep it Ant.

Thanks though.

If you want Tac-Scan you can have it and then put up your game.

You are right, if it is going to be free, let's make it free.

Tac-Scan to whoever wants it with free shipping, but you must do the same.

Simple as that.

-Steve

Edited by therealred5

Red, if I didn't already have two copies of Tac-Scan, I would take you up on your offer. Great post! And damn the naysayers and grumpy gloomers! :D Tell you what, I will join in the fun, just for shits & giggles. I just realized that I have a spare Intellivision Burgertime, box and instructions (no inserts). First person to claim it, gets it free, but with the same stipulation - if you take it, you have to offer a game for free(any system, but no combat, space invaders, etc - make something a little fun).

I really like the idea. I used to do this on another forum I frequented( firearms). They way we worked it:

Post somthing up for a giveaway( in this case it was somthing firearm related and usually had some value in the $20 range, sometimes more) with a set deadline to enter

Everyone that wanted in posted below with somthing along the line of"add me" or such

When the deadline arrived, original poster(giver) would add a post saying the end and draw for a winner ( the easiest way was to use an online random # generator and the # the comp picks is the winner) some people would get their kids to pick a number and some others used different ways to pick the winner.

It was always a fun deal for everyone. Would be cool to do somthing like that here. When i get a chance to go through my extras crate, I will have to get together a box and do a free raffle- mostly stuff I picked up a thrift stores just because it was cheap, even though I had no need for it!

Red, if I didn't already have two copies of Tac-Scan, I would take you up on your offer. Great post! And damn the naysayers and grumpy gloomers! :D Tell you what, I will join in the fun, just for shits & giggles. I just realized that I have a spare Intellivision Burgertime, box and instructions (no inserts). First person to claim it, gets it free, but with the same stipulation - if you take it, you have to offer a game for free(any system, but no combat, space invaders, etc - make something a little fun).

Can I lay claim to the burgertime? I have a copy that does not work. Actually, I would only want the cart, as boxes and instructions are not my thing.

if Ant don't want it i'll take it! :cool:

Rick

I didnt want or need the game. I just wanted to pay for the initial shipping to get the ball rollin for ya'all in a worthy cause and then the person that gets the free game offers and pays to SHIP the next one to someone else. Unless theres another Ant here that Im unaware of that you were speaking of, I thought you misunderstood our posts. I just wanted to contribute to a worthy cause and thought it would be easier to deal with passing on the "love" if the person who was sending the item paid for shipping instead of waiting for a shipping fee from the receipient and Steve decided it was a good idea by his next post and adopted that idea. So now that I am not contributing that way, I am offering something else. BTW, I must have 4 loose Tacscans and atleast 1 CIB around here. ;)

Im offering Krull loose as well, for free to whomever wants it (must have atleast 50 posts to the AA forum is my only stipulation) as part of Steves great concept. No shipping fee, Its yours, but you need to keep the branches growing with a similar offer here. So heres another branch. This is a great idea by Steve and all I want out of it is some good karma. Cheers. :)

Oh and another stipulation is No Combats or Pacmans offered on this branch :P

Edited by Phantom

if Ant don't want it i'll take it! :cool:

Rick

Rick, I'll take the Ultravision Karate. :roll:

when i get an extra one, it's ALL YOURS! :)

Rick

And I thought we were friends Rick!

Not to hijack. I thought this shipping cost/free exchange thing is a good idea too. It's like an open ended trade, but would probably work better with stuff worth a little bit more, like $8-$20.

If I needed the free item, it would be easy for me to find something to find to post for free.

It's not a stretch from the 'traded a paperclip for a house' guy.

ian

Krull is now Shadows and see this is working out nicely

as he's now offering 3 "Love" Carts helping to fill others collections.

Well done everyone, have fun with it and lets see this thread have the most entries and still going a decade from now ;)

Nice idea Steve. :)

Edited by Phantom

I have a Sears Maze text label, which I just acquired as a gift from Phantom (but JUST bought last week! D'oh!), so I thought I'd pass it along.

I also have a King Kong with no end label.

You know the drill, post a freebie then claim'em by PM!

Ha I just noticed this. Nice job, see I told you you would find a useful purpose for it!

But now everyone is going to expect a gift when I ship to them UGH! :ponder: :P

J/K, I dont care, generally if i have room for the weight not to go over when I ship something, I try to find a gift for whomever. Just so you know I dont play favorites (second thought maybe sometimes I do but thats guys Ive known for years now and that dont count!) LOL what Im trying to say is if you didnt get a gift from me in a recent order it was because I would have had to pay extra out of pocket for shipping and priority can be a few bucks for an ounce over so anyone reading this that Ive dealt with recently, please dont feel slighted if you didnt get any extras.

I shut up now as I get yelled at when I drone on LOL :twisted:

Edited by Phantom

Great idea guys! I don't beleive I have much in the way of dupes but I'll peek in the attic later and see what I can find.

@Captain Beard

If I actually do have something worth offering I could use the King Kong but don't count on me finding anything.

Can I lay claim to the burgertime? I have a copy that does not work. Actually, I would only want the cart, as boxes and instructions are not my thing.

Edman, tha Burgetime is yours. PM me your addy and I can get it out to you today. Just remember to put something up for someone else.

Great job Phantom! I too would like to see this post keep on growing.