IGNORED

AR: The Dungeon Adventurer's Survival Handbook scans

Gunstar

Since I've been playing AR a lot recently, and have dug out most of my documentation after little luck finding it on the internet, I decided others might like scans of the original documetation. This is my test market to see if others have a want or need for original scans instead of text-only reproductions they may have downloaded. Not to mention that most of the old AR links are no longer working. So, since, as far as I know, no one else has original scans online, here is the first from me. As stated in the title, it's the survival handbook for Alternate Reality: The Dungeon, sold seperately from the original game. it also included a large map of level one, which is not here, becuase it does not fit in my scanner all at once. I may add it later if there is interest. I also have a reproduction which I downloaded that is seperated into seperate pages. The link where I got the reproduction map is no longer active. Maps for the other levels are inculuded within the book itself and are scanned here, they are in the middle of the book.

Sorry about the stained covers, that is a 21 year old hot chocolate stain. I made the stain on New Years Eve 1987 right after getting AR: The Dungeon for Christmas. I went out the next day (after X-mas) with money from a relative to get this handbook.

Let me know if you want more, documentation that came with the AR games or with the extra handbooks. I have the City survival guide for the City, but it is text only, not orginal with the artwork. However, I do not have the original manual for the City at this time.

post-149-1216429092_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216429146_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216429174_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216429432_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216429639_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216429664_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216429702_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216429920_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216429953_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216429997_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216430109_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216430154_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216430178_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216430250_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216430284_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216430388_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216430470_thumb.jpg

post-149-1216430493_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I also cleaned up his original scans using photoshop.

But I chose not to put in the beige background. This way, you can print it on your paper of choice (like parchment or whatever) and not have the gay-assed "inkjet-interpolated dot pattern" beige in the background.

post-8775-1218664693_thumb.png

I put this in an Adobe Acrobat file, so you can print it off in one shot... Or, if you have a printer that does boolkets, thats even better.

To get the front and back covers to be on the front and back of a booklet, I had to add an extra page, so I photoshopped a blank level map in case you want to map out some of the additional level content..

Hope you guys like it.. It took a while to do this..

Dowload link:

Alternate Reality: The Dungeon ADVENTURER'S SURVIVAL GUIDE

Edited by MEtalGuy66

But I chose not to put in the beige background. This way, you can print it on your paper of choice (like parchment or whatever) and not have the gay-assed "inkjet-interpolated dot pattern" beige in the background.

I put this in an Adobe Acrobat file, so you can print it off in one shot... Or, if you have a printer that does boolkets, thats even better.

To get the front and back covers to be on the front and back of a booklet, I had to add an extra page, so I photoshopped a blank level map in case you want to map out some of the additional level content..

Dowload link:

Tried to download the file, but it seems to have been removed. It says violated terms of service.

Bob

Dowload link:

Tried to download the file, but it seems to have been removed. It says violated terms of service.

Bob

I don't know...I just downloaded it a minute ago. :?:

I don't know...I just downloaded it a minute ago. :?:

I got a private message from metalguy telling me I was trying to download the file while he was doing something with it online. I was able to download it the fine the next day. The error message was misleading at best.

Bob

I just tried it 30 secs ago and got the "file removed for violation of terms of service" message.

What's the story behind this guide book? Was it stocked in stores? I would of guessed it was a mail away item, but from Gunstar's post above it was sold in stores. :ponder:

I think I have one other piece of documentation that came with my copy of AR: the Dungeon that's not currently scanned on Atarimania. It's a letter/map single sheet that's folded in half. Nothing special, but I couldn't find it from the link on Atarimania. Wish I had a survival handbook. Very cool item! Thanks for the scans & touchups guys!

• 3 weeks later...