IGNORED

Boxed Crazy Climber in this lot

Brucebidder: Why don't you like sniping? It's over and done with and you don't have to be in front of the computer? I don't see ANY reason for people not to snipe anymore. It drives up the price to not snipe these days, and you can't see who you are bidding against anymore anyway.

This is an argument that gets rehashed every few monthes, but here is my thoughts if anyone cares. As a buyer and a Seller for many years on ebay and now the CW it goes like this. I do not hate sniping I don't use it because the benefit only exists in the eye of the user. Whether you and 6 other people drive up the cost on day one of the auction or in the last few minutes the item sells for the most part the same. So 7 people set up sniping to go in the last miute and the game is only at .99 cents til then but the seven of you duke it out up to end time in 60 seconds the game will still sell for about what its value is.

I see it often especially selling. Sometimes sniping actually inflates the cost. Because once the snipes are in someone else may have already placed a ridiculous bid 3 days before and in those instances the seller makes out big time. I sold a COleco Setup worth about 200.00 for nearly 600.00 thanks in most part to sniping and one serious bidder dead set on winning. I personally don't snipe myself if I want something I will bid and drive the price up early alot of times that discourages alot of the snipers out there and thats to my benefit. I would rather bid against sniping than a real person who may overbid on emotion. If I made it sound earlier in this thread that I hated sniping I apologize I just don't use it because I see no benefit to it.. I also can place my bid early and forget about it, so....

I hate putting in a large bid at the begining just to see it chiped away 50 cents at a time by a guy who has 2 stars. So I like to snipe. I'm also not at my computer 24/7 and auctions do end while I'm at work. So sniping helps me there too. Again I don't want to put in a big bid early and have it chipped away by a guy who is new to eBay. I think almost everyone can agree that most of the action is really in the last few seconds whether you are manually bidding or sniping. I used to manually bid in the last few seconds but my computer would sometimes freeze, so I snipe.

Brucebidder: Why don't you like sniping? It's over and done with and you don't have to be in front of the computer? I don't see ANY reason for people not to snipe anymore. It drives up the price to not snipe these days, and you can't see who you are bidding against anymore anyway.

This is an argument that gets rehashed every few monthes, but here is my thoughts if anyone cares. As a buyer and a Seller for many years on ebay and now the CW it goes like this. I do not hate sniping I don't use it because the benefit only exists in the eye of the user. Whether you and 6 other people drive up the cost on day one of the auction or in the last few minutes the item sells for the most part the same. So 7 people set up sniping to go in the last miute and the game is only at .99 cents til then but the seven of you duke it out up to end time in 60 seconds the game will still sell for about what its value is.

I see it often especially selling. Sometimes sniping actually inflates the cost. Because once the snipes are in someone else may have already placed a ridiculous bid 3 days before and in those instances the seller makes out big time. I sold a COleco Setup worth about 200.00 for nearly 600.00 thanks in most part to sniping and one serious bidder dead set on winning. I personally don't snipe myself if I want something I will bid and drive the price up early alot of times that discourages alot of the snipers out there and thats to my benefit. I would rather bid against sniping than a real person who may overbid on emotion. If I made it sound earlier in this thread that I hated sniping I apologize I just don't use it because I see no benefit to it.. I also can place my bid early and forget about it, so....

I hate putting in a large bid at the begining just to see it chiped away 50 cents at a time by a guy who has 2 stars. So I like to snipe. I'm also not at my computer 24/7 and auctions do end while I'm at work. So sniping helps me there too. Again I don't want to put in a big bid early and have it chipped away by a guy who is new to eBay. I think almost everyone can agree that most of the action is really in the last few seconds whether you are manually bidding or sniping. I used to manually bid in the last few seconds but my computer would sometimes freeze, so I snipe.

The key is not to bid your full amount at first. It is better to drive it up to about half of what it's worth. That will give the seller enough incentive to go through with the auction.

But this seller is worse than the a$$holes that work out side deals.

Well... I guess I'm just an asshat forever.

:roll:

Asshole and asshat are pretty strong words, but if you do side deals, politely put you are breaking the rules and very much one of the reasons Ebay sucks anymore. Sure, we all hate Ebay since they're this big uber-"monopoly" but the more people use methods to cut their profit out, the more they'll up their fees to compensate. Just think of the guy on your block getting cable TV for free. Same thing. In the end, it's the honest people who pay when the rates/fees go up.

Why people can't play by the rules always puzzled me.

Asshole and asshat are pretty strong words, but if you do side deals, politely put you are breaking the rules and very much one of the reasons Ebay sucks anymore. Sure, we all hate Ebay since they're this big uber-"monopoly" but the more people use methods to cut their profit out, the more they'll up their fees to compensate. Just think of the guy on your block getting cable TV for free. Same thing. In the end, it's the honest people who pay when the rates/fees go up.

Why people can't play by the rules always puzzled me.

Very legitimate point. Well spoken :D :D

If you intentionally work out side deals and get people to end auctions early for your benefit alone and against ebay policy, and to screw over every other bidder whether an AA member or not, then yes you are.

Working out a side deal is like being in a boxing match and going over and slugging your opponent in the head with a baseball bat while he's facing the corner taking off his robe. It's dirty, underhanded and just plain rude. Of course thats just my opinion. :roll:

If you intentionally work out side deals and get people to end auctions early for your benefit alone and against ebay policy, and to screw over every other bidder whether an AA member or not, then yes you are.

Working out a side deal is like being in a boxing match and going over and slugging your opponent in the head with a baseball bat while he's facing the corner taking off his robe. It's dirty, underhanded and just plain rude. Of course thats just my opinion. :roll:

I firmly agree. Those of us who get their hopes up on getting an item or just seeing how high it goes get a little upset when this happens. But that is how some get good deals. Selfish pigs.

210.gif

The other problem is if the user has 2 stars and is bidding in 50 cent incriments, it screams shill bidding but again thanks to ebay and their awesome new bidding system thats hard to tell like the old days. Oh thanks ebay for protecting the jerks of the world. :x

Well, well, well, lookee what just turned up for auction in Burton, Michigan. What are the odds? :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=230277253749

The link says the item is no longer available?

Excuse the Pun, but he Jerked it off again. :roll:

No, then it would say ended early, to be invalid eBay ended it for him. Could be he didn't pay his fees or something.

Well, well, well, lookee what just turned up for auction in Burton, Michigan. What are the odds? :roll:

No, then it would say ended early, to be invalid eBay ended it for him. Could be he didn't pay his fees or something.

My guess they suspended him for his lousy 93.7% positive feedback.

Or they found out, those two accounts, were by the same person. :roll: