IGNORED

Braid?

moycon

Never had any problems with it, and I finished it within the week that I bought it. I am missing 1 achievement and I refuse to try and get it. Beating the game in 45 mins or less is almost impossible...

Yeah, I'm not going to try and get the last achievement, either. There's no way I'll be able to beat it that fast - I tried running through one of the levels the night I got it (I loved the game so much I played it all the way through the first night/morning I got it) and gave up. Ridiculous! :)

• 3 years later...

BUMP from 2009!

I played through Braid , which we bought from Xbox live a few years back, this last weekend. I got Caf jr to help me nab a few puzzle pieces because I just wanted to be done with it.

Overall, the gameplay was initially confusing, then as I figured out various puzzles in world one, found it rather rewarding. Then by World 6 I had found some of the puzzles were quite difficult and took lots of time to figure out. That's why I got help from my son, he had beaten the game back when it was newer.

The time-rewind was very cool - what Blinx should have been. However, the world where you must do something/rewind/interact as a shadow of you mimics your prior movement -that was driving me batty. I did figure it all out though. The "fickle key" ones were quite annoying to me.

But the ongoing between-level tomes - the storyline of Tim chasing "the princess", in addition to the violin-heavy excellent music, and strange mix of apocalyptic images and jigsaw "memories" -- plus the ending text - this stuff I found disturbing. I rewatched the ending on youtube and reread all the epilogue final text so that I could understand what it was really all about -

a metaphor for chasing the science of / creating the Manhatten project - the atom bomb

. But even before I "got it" about that, the final level when you play it in reverse, realising the princess is actually trying to block Tim from getting her (as opposed to needing saved) - the whole thing was disconcerting to me - in a good way, mind you.

Good game. It took me a long time to finally get around & play it. It isn't long - only 6 worlds, although every level will stump you. I had no idea we could find 'stars' - I evidently didn't find any.

I got this as soon as it came out, and consider it one of the best games I've played. Some tough puzzles and very rewarding. I had to read up on how to get some stars (and even knowing how, it wasn't always very easy), but eventually got them all.

Also was addicted to reading the forums about Braid, as people went REALLY in-depth about the meaning and many things branching off from it. Great game.