IGNORED

Previous 7800 HSC Rounds

shadow460

• 2 weeks later...

Cool.

Just for information, let's get a list of games together that we do own. Or, if you're like me and it's easier to list the ones you don't own, do that.

I've got all the NTSC titles R1 to R3 except Absolute, and I've got all three titles R6 and R7.

I have only a couple of homebrews. I've got both Activsion and both Froggo titles.

Edited by shadow460

I'll play a few games for sure but I doubt I would be in for all the games I just don't have enough time to commit to playing. With my digital camera I'll finally be able to post pics of my TV with my high scores cause as you all I know I don't use EMU's.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I'm up for joining you guys,though I don't own even close to what you guys have.

I play these on a 7800 Pro System.

Asteroids VE

Asteroids

Centipede

DigDug

Joust

Ms. PacAttack

Ms Pacman

Pacman

Ultra Pacman

Donkey Kong

DKJR.

ChopLifter

Pole Position 2

Galaga

Desert Falcon

Edited by Angelus

Cool.

Just for information, let's get a list of games together that we do own. Or, if you're like me and it's easier to list the ones you don't own, do that.

My modest collection:

Asteroids

Ballblazer

Basketbrawl

Beef Drop

Choplifter!

Commando

Crack'ed

Crossbow

Dark Chambers

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

Fight Night

Food Fight

Galaga

Hat Trick

Jinks

Joust

Karateka

Mario Bros.

Mat Mania Challenge

Ms. Pac-Man

One On One

Planet Smashers

Pole Position II

RealSports Baseball

Robotron 2084

Super Huey

Tower Toppler

Xenophobe

Xevious

If anyone has any extras that they wanna sell me or knows where I can get a CC2, well, shoot me a PM :D

Have a Cuttle Cart 2 so many images (maybe not all) are available. Anyone willing to drive to Dallas, TX and want to try their hand at a game, let me know. :) Just write a PM to set up a RSVP.

Also don't forget there are emulators, and if we can post an image of the game being played here, or a link to where to find it so we can emulate, that would awesome!

Later!

Edited by doctorclu

The only games that would be limited from emulation are Double Dragon and Rampage.

Homebrews are on a case by case basis, and I'd like those who download homebrew ROMS to ensure they have the author's permission to do so. I've spoken to some of the homebrew authors, and I'm sure they're willing to work with the HSC.

The only games that would be limited from emulation are Double Dragon and Rampage.

Why, they work OK in emulation?

Mitch

Copyright laws. Some of our memebers might not want to go to the trouble of finding rom files that aren't in the AA database.

IIRC, Activision still defends the copyrights to these games.

We'll still play them, though. There are plenty of us with the actual carts, and I'm not going to nose into where everybody gets their game files at.

Hmm, this is strange...I can't seem to tell if posted screenshots are from pirated games or not. I need to go see the doctor and have my head examined.

Edited by shadow460

Copyright laws. Some of our memebers might not want to go to the trouble of finding rom files that aren't in the AA database.

IIRC, Activision still defends the copyrights to these games.

We'll still play them, though. There are plenty of us with the actual carts, and I'm not going to nose into where everybody gets their game files at.

Hmm, this is strange...I can't seem to tell if posted screenshots are from pirated games or not. I need to go see the doctor and have my head examined.

Not really, AtariAge took them down because they were doing a business deal with Activision. As far as I know no one else removed them.

Mitch

I don't have a very big collection yet, but I'd play whatever I could on the system. Right now I've only got:

Pole Position 2

Dig Dug

Xevious

Joust

Winter Games

Galaga

Food Fight

Centepide

Ball Blazer

I'm going to order some more soon, so I'll likely be up for a few more.

• 3 weeks later...

OK...as you might know, I got a 7800 last week, and I'm addicted to it! I'm definitely interested in an HSC this year...

Here's my collection (so far):

Asteroids

Ball Blazer

Dig Dug

Food Fight

Galaga

Joust (actually, it's Inky's, so I only have it until the next time I see him, which will probaly be next week!)

Ms. Pac-Man

One-On-One Basketball

Pole Position II (which, believe it or not, did NOT come with my system!)

RealSports Baseball

Tower Toppler

Of course, I'll be looking to build the collection. Probably next month I'll take another trip to Norridge to get a few more. :)

I don't have a very big collection yet, but I'd play whatever I could on the system. Right now I've only got:

Pole Position 2

Dig Dug

Xevious

Joust

Winter Games

Galaga

Food Fight

Centepide

Ball Blazer

I'm going to order some more soon, so I'll likely be up for a few more.

Currently in the mail:

Ultra Pacman

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

I'll soon probably order Robotron.

A minor, unimportant update, but I want to keep this topic near the top so it isn't forgotten. I'm going to be all over this club when it starts. Yep, all over the lowest scores ever.

Homebrewer's Honors High Score Comeptition

This is one of two preliminary weeks of the 7800 High Score Competition. Many thanks to kenfused for his hard work on Beef Drop.

It's dinner time at the OK Corral, and that angus beef just came off the grill. Steaming bread has been brought from the oven and cheese was brought in from the dairy. Tomatoes, onions, and many other garden fresh condiments wait for hungry customers.

The Corral's chef has gone off in a drunken tirade, scattering the beef and produce all over the place! Quick! Call Pete! He's the only chef in town who can gather the ingredients in time to serve the Corral's customers! Even Pete will have to be fast, though, as Frank, Mr Yolk, and Dr Dill have escaped the freezer, and they're out for revenge!

Will Chef Pete stay sane long enough to watch the Beef Drop?

This week's game:

Ken Sider's Beef Drop.

Difficulty: Normal, both switches in the "b" (left) position. Please make sure you're playing the final version of Beef Drop so that your scores will be consistent with everyone else's.

Recommended Controls: CX-40 Atari Joystick

Current High Scores:

None yet

Hints and Tips:

Try to drop condiments while enemies are standing on them. The enemy will fall with the condiment, causing the condiment to drop several floors at once.

Also try to squash enemies with the condiments.

Next week's game is going to be Pac-Man. After that, the regular HSC season will begin with arcade titles.

I'll begin accepting game suggestions next week, until then, please say a hearty "Thank You" to everyone who made Beef Drop possible.