IGNORED

Highspeed SIO Patch V1.12 released

HiassofT

A new version (1.12) of the Highspeed SIO Patch is available from my website:

http://www.horus.com/~hias/atari/

Changes since the last version (1.10):

- a bugfix for Happy 1050 drives (fast writes are now automatically enabled, otherwise data might get corrupted on writes)

- added keystrokes to enable/disable/reset the patch and to cold-boot the Atari.

so long,

Hias

Hi!

Will the fixes for the 1050 drives get ported to the high-speed SIO driver in MyPicoDOS/AtariSIO as well?

Yes, I plan on doing this. As for the AtariSIO routine I have to make the code relocatable again. Concerning MyPicoDos I'm not 100% sure if I should really update it's highspeed code now. Most of the fixes/improvements are only important when writing to disk (which MyPicoDos doesn't :-). So maybe I'll wait a little bit, unless I know of some serious issues with the old code in MyPicoDos.

so long,

Hias

Hi!

Will the fixes for the 1050 drives get ported to the high-speed SIO driver in MyPicoDOS/AtariSIO as well?

Yes, I plan on doing this. As for the AtariSIO routine I have to make the code relocatable again. Concerning MyPicoDos I'm not 100% sure if I should really update it's highspeed code now. Most of the fixes/improvements are only important when writing to disk (which MyPicoDos doesn't :-). So maybe I'll wait a little bit, unless I know of some serious issues with the old code in MyPicoDos.

so long,

Hias

Very nice - it works with my USB version of the SIO2PC and APE at a PoKey divisor of 04. It screams! Unfortunately, when I try to load Ice-T XE 2.72, it kills the hi-speed and I cannot get it to reactivate. Would using a ROM version of this OS fix that? I am not familiar enough with the internals if Ice-T XE to know what it is doing when it loads. I know the hi-speed shuts off right after the 850 handler loads.

Stephen Anderson

Hi Stephen!

Very nice - it works with my USB version of the SIO2PC and APE at a PoKey divisor of 04. It screams! Unfortunately, when I try to load Ice-T XE 2.72, it kills the hi-speed and I cannot get it to reactivate. Would using a ROM version of this OS fix that? I am not familiar enough with the internals if Ice-T XE to know what it is doing when it loads. I know the hi-speed shuts off right after the 850 handler loads.

It could be that Ice-T switches the OS ROM back on and thus disables the patch in the RAM. You could do a quick test: does Shift+Control+Delete still work and cold-boot the Atari? If no, chances are quite high that the OS ROM was switched on.

In this case burning the patched OS into an EPROM should help (I can't test Ice-T at the moment, just tried but the R-Verter handler crashed my Atari). BTW: If you want to burn it into an EPROM I'd recommend using a 32k (or larger) EPROM and also include the original OS so that you can switch back to the stock OS in case some software doesn't work with the patch.

so long,

Hias

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Turbobasic turns off the hisio patch also. I do have the switch, but with turbobasic either way is still back to normal SIO. With the MyIDE patched rom turbobasic just freezes the computer. I think that Tb32q and Spartados 33.a works ok mostly..

Regards, and thanks for the patch Disk drive SIO is nice. And so is the USB2SIO speed.

:) :|

• 3 weeks later...
A new version (1.12) of the Highspeed SIO Patch is available from my website:

http://www.horus.com/~hias/atari/

Changes since the last version (1.10):

- a bugfix for Happy 1050 drives (fast writes are now automatically enabled, otherwise data might get corrupted on writes)

- added keystrokes to enable/disable/reset the patch and to cold-boot the Atari.

so long,

Hias

Hello Hias-

I'm going to try your new patch with the KMK-JZ interface today.

Update:

Your SIO patch works great with the KMK-JZ interface!

Outstanding!

-Larry

Edited by Larry