IGNORED

Well guys it's been fun...

doctorclu

Thats too bad, I am no jag player but I dislike when things like this fail. Bummer man :(

At the beginning a few said the Jaguar was not ready for a high score club. I disagreed based on the Jaguar collectors and players I saw here and on Jaguar Sector 2. The nay sayers did not contribute or join in, so sure enough, this forum for the Jaguar failed.

Basically 1) Jag gamers are in their own world 2) Jaguar needs a more common flash/image loader.

Until that loader becomes more common, the Jaguar may not be a high score club capible machine. Or at least till a better emulator comes along.

We tried....

Edited by doctorclu

Sucks... But you might as well just keep it around? No sense in getting rid of the HS boards... Maybe we just need to get the word out a little more?

Sounds good enough. Maybe leave it here in the event someone wants to start a Jaguar challenge.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, just thought the ole cat (Jaguar) had more bite than this.

D-Clu,

Sorry I havent been able to participate - my new job I took a few months back has me working in an office vs home hence no time to play anything. Its amazing I get 1 8bit game played every 2 weeks and had to give up running the 8bit HSC.

Instead of something formal, maybe put out a play of the week to kick around strategies and such until more Jag players get into things.

D-Clu,

Sorry I havent been able to participate - my new job I took a few months back has me working in an office vs home hence no time to play anything. Its amazing I get 1 8bit game played every 2 weeks and had to give up running the 8bit HSC.

Instead of something formal, maybe put out a play of the week to kick around strategies and such until more Jag players get into things.

Didn't know you had that much of a Jaguar collection so really didn't expect you here much.

But less formal... ok.... will post a new message soon.

Ive got almost all the commercial releases ;) Used to have a bunch of others like Battlesphere, Brett Hull and BSUJ, but never played them so sold them.

I got Gorf CD so if you hvae a contest on that I could play since it is in the Jag hooked up and ready to go!

I can understand the frustration from a moderating point of view. You never like to see something you have taken the time to put together for other peoples enjoyment fail. I saw this with the 5200 HSC when there were rounds where nobody posted a score and now I'm seeing it with the SMS HSC, but I'm going to keep them going anyhow, you never know when new members are going to join and participate.

I can understand the frustration from a moderating point of view. You never like to see something you have taken the time to put together for other peoples enjoyment fail. I saw this with the 5200 HSC when there were rounds where nobody posted a score and now I'm seeing it with the SMS HSC, but I'm going to keep them going anyhow, you never know when new members are going to join and participate.

Been great to hear from you and Goochman on this, basic advice I'm hearing is have fun with, don't get too worried if things do well or not, it can vary. I guess I just needed to be reminded of that.

As for the 5200 HSC.. just got my Atarimax cart back, so just about back in action there! :D

I usually would play but I don't have most the games that comes up on the HSC.

I basically have the same problem with the Gaming competitions I do for AVC Online

as of now it's on hiatus(it was a football themed competition because thats the common

link to all systems, but I might have to change it to cover at least 4 systems)

• 4 weeks later...

heck I say keep it and do it month to month.

A month for each game until it gets bigger and more attn.

I just came to find out the current game and found this.

I wish i had more time to play every week.

A flash cart would help Im sure.

Well hopefully it stays and thanks for running it in the first place.

Cheers

heck I say keep it and do it month to month.

A month for each game until it gets bigger and more attn.

I just came to find out the current game and found this.

I wish i had more time to play every week.

A flash cart would help Im sure.

Well hopefully it stays and thanks for running it in the first place.

Cheers

Thanks! Yeh, if I had it all to do over again, collecting wise, I would have got a flash cart, the telegames titles, battlesphere, and the songbird titles. The rest are rom images on the internet. :D

The CD games are not that common, but then again, there are not that many good CD games. :P

Maybe I'm in the Marketplace section too much, but I don't even know the rules, features, or how the high score clubs work around here. No one really talks about it that I've seen. I generally don't dig, mostly just look at the new topics posted since last visit. I play Jaguar frequently. Maybe Al would feature an article on HSC's on the front page to clue in the newbies (Ive been around since Feb of this year) who may not know about them/hadn't tried it out yet.

AX

Maybe I'm in the Marketplace section too much, but I don't even know the rules, features, or how the high score clubs work around here. No one really talks about it that I've seen. I generally don't dig, mostly just look at the new topics posted since last visit. I play Jaguar frequently. Maybe Al would feature an article on HSC's on the front page to clue in the newbies (Ive been around since Feb of this year) who may not know about them/hadn't tried it out yet.

AX

Not a bad idea. The High score Clubs are not doing bad bad... with the exception of the 2600 group you get probably around 5 entries on a competition.

Guess it is something you have to plod along with.

• 2 weeks later...

What's going on? I'm confused I see you're voting on the new October game but this thread says you're finishing the contest?! Well the old Ninja's back and if Cybermorph or Flip Out is picked I'll be joining in! (I own both games)

If I've got the game, I'll definitely be submitting a score.....if you keep to the common cartridge games then I'm a contender. I don't own a CD unit fancy flash carts etc...so don't any obscure titles which might alienate the more casual gamer. Btw have you done Club Drive or Checkered Flag yet? I wanna go racing.......

Yes the Ninja's back in the house...ready to rock!!!

Looks like I'll miss out on Zool 2 though, the deadline's tomorrow and I'm off to bed now!

What's going on? I'm confused I see you're voting on the new October game but this thread says you're finishing the contest?! Well the old Ninja's back and if Cybermorph or Flip Out is picked I'll be joining in! (I own both games)

If I've got the game, I'll definitely be submitting a score.....if you keep to the common cartridge games then I'm a contender. I don't own a CD unit fancy flash carts etc...so don't any obscure titles which might alienate the more casual gamer. Btw have you done Club Drive or Checkered Flag yet? I wanna go racing.......

Yes the Ninja's back in the house...ready to rock!!!

Looks like I'll miss out on Zool 2 though, the deadline's tomorrow and I'm off to bed now!

Why not do a SEPARATE, CD event contest? 1 game for every 2 months (6 CD Games a Year that can be played along with the Cart contests if it is 2 months long for each and give CD players a chance to play those games as well) and stick to common CART games as well for the bulk of the regular contests. I thought the thing was kaput. Im glad to see its not and I will contribute to this months HSC. Thanks

Edited by Phantom

I want in on the HSC fun. However, as previously mentioned in another thread, I sold my Jag because it was too expensive. Is there any kind of useful computer emulator I could use for this? Where are good Roms? Anything I need to know about setup? Any way to set up the awesome Jag controller to a computer (I don't see the probelm with this controller, and it is one of my favorites)? I'll play Bubsy and everything.

Edited by Atarifever

I want in on the HSC fun. However, as previously mentioned in another thread, I sold my Jag because it was too expensive. Is there any kind of useful computer emulator I could use for this? Where are good Roms? Anything I need to know about setup? Any way to set up the awesome Jag controller to a computer (I don't see the probelm with this controller, and it is one of my favorites)? I'll play Bubsy and everything.

Kasumi Ninja, Phantom, Atari Fevor... thanks for the responses.

Club Drive and Checkered Flag are still available.

As it stands I can now play all games except Soccer Kid. :)

What we need to do is help all of you hunt down Flash carts. I think that will be the answer. Trust me, $250 for a flash cart beats the hundreds (approaching a thousand USD) I've paid for the Jaguar collection I have.

Rom images can be found with a good search. You will not find most of the telegames titles (except Breakout 2K), the Songbird titles, Battlesphere, or ones like that. But then again, in the case of Songbird he needs the support, so getting those games was fine.

Emulators... Virtual Jaguar was not bad on the PC or Mac, granted, you need about a G5 or above on the Mac to run at close to real speed, and the PC needs about a 3 ghz machine.

But thanks for all the input. Again, we need to find more flash carts for the rest of you.

CD games and unit... some good stuff, a lot of good homebrews you can load, and some good commercial games. Shame the CD unit was not used more.

If you have $100 I would say get Protector SE for the BJL support.

If you have $250-$300, get a flash cart. :)

And if you have $12 get Bubsy! :P

But the problem is, a lot of us don't understand how all this electronic stuff works such as flash carts, roms and emulators. ;) A lot of you hardcore Jag fans seem to be very knowledgable of interesting electronic and computer related gadgetry, but for the rest of us, we have no clue. ;) I remember I tried to burn a free Jag CD game on a CD... I had NO idea what the heck I was doing and of course it didn't work. ;) I mow lawns for a living, not fiddle with computers 24/7. :P I know more than my dad though, he's never even been on the internet ONCE LOL... :D

Not to mention $300 is a big chunk to come up with for a flash cart in the first place. I think most of us acquire our Jag collections over time as we can afford it. $10 here, $10 there. And even then, I can't even afford that right now!!! LOL...

Edited by kevincal

Okay, I have Project Tempest set up, and Zool 2 and Bubsy are working fine, but nothing 3D is working (including Cybermorph, which is the HSC pick, which is what I want to get working). Anyone know how to get this working or if that's possible.

Also, again, does anyone know if there's any kind of adaptor that will make the Jag controller work on a computer, so I can get the real experience. Also, is it possible, if I get all this working, for me to pay (hopefully at a small discount) to download Songbird titles?

EDIT: Well I just tried some other 2D games (Pitfall, Flashback, and Jagmania) and they all work fine too. Am I stuck with a 2D Jaguar?

Edited by Atarifever

Okay, I have Project Tempest set up, and Zool 2 and Bubsy are working fine, but nothing 3D is working (including Cybermorph, which is the HSC pick, which is what I want to get working). Anyone know how to get this working or if that's possible.

Also, again, does anyone know if there's any kind of adaptor that will make the Jag controller work on a computer, so I can get the real experience. Also, is it possible, if I get all this working, for me to pay (hopefully at a small discount) to download Songbird titles?

EDIT: Well I just tried some other 2D games (Pitfall, Flashback, and Jagmania) and they all work fine too. Am I stuck with a 2D Jaguar?

Project Tempest works that much? Awesome! Sounds like it is really coming along.

Here is Virtual Jaguar...

http://icculus.org/virtualjaguar/

Cybermorph (1993)YesRequires DSP

Appears Cybermorph works to some degree. Let us know how this works.

Kevincal, what kind of computer do you have? How fast?

If anyone else needs help burning a disc, getting an emulator working, etc, be happy to lend whatever hand I can.

http://icculus.org/virtualjaguar/

Cybermorph (1993)YesRequires DSP

Anyone know what "requires DSP" means?

No idea. Maybe this one only works so far. Thing about Cybermorph as crappy as it is, it did tap into a lot of the tricks of the special processors. So if you are having a fun time getting this to be emulated, I can kinda see why. But naturally I'm routing for you! We're all in this together. ;) (As Red Green often says.)