IGNORED

I Got Super Mario Sunshine TODAY!

I just stoped after two hours of gameplay. The game ROCKS TO NO END! You see, this island has been poluted by some look a like guy, he looks like you but he's clear and likes to poor sluge all over the place(like me)! When you arrive on the island from one Toadstools own plane. The islanders are pissed becouse they think you poluted the island. So after spending a day in jail you got to court. Your found guilty and have to clean up the islands. Untill then, you can't leave.

This game is really ausome! Cleaning up has never been so much fun! The graphics are really good! I would give it a 10!

I went to K Mart today to get it! Lucky me! I got a Nintendo Power stratigy guide FREE from K Mart for buying the game!

I love K-Mart.

Anyway, get the GC if you don't have one and GET THIS GAME MAN!

Mario Sunshine is very very cool - couple of bits that annoy me - jump over the fence the second time you meet teh Big Flower dude (piranha pete) and you die without warning, and teh camera can be a bit lame in places, but its such fun to play, so much Nintendo goodness in one little disc - I might explode...

sTeVE

I'm waiting to find a copy of SMB2 and sunshine used in a couple weeks...

Albert, I bought a pair of those wavebird controllers...I'm not sure they are worth the money...(I'm hoping these are just some defective ones), because they are terrible...I have to be within 2 inches of the gamecube, otherwise the control goes all nuts. If you pick these up, or someone else has these, please let me know what your experience has been with them.

Dave

Albert, I bought a pair of those wavebird controllers...I'm not sure they are worth the money...(I'm hoping these are just some defective ones), because they are terrible...I have to be within 2 inches of the gamecube, otherwise the control goes all nuts.  If you pick these up, or someone else has these, please let me know what your experience has been with them.

Several friends of mine have these and have nothing but praise for them. I've also had the opportunity to try them out and they work great. I just bought two tonight, so I'll let you know what I think after I've had a chance to use them for a few hours with my setup. I also picked up Mario Sunshine, but the two stores I stopped at (Fry's and Better Buy) were sold out. No luck on getting the PS2 Broadband adapter either. :)

..Al

Atari Master

What do you mean by "And you can really call it a sequal since he hass all the moves from the Mario 64!"

What copy of Mario 64 do you have that has the water cannon/jet pack - not to mention inflatable pigs, and octopus jetskis - and I'm only on the third area?!?!?!

Mario 64 is a truly fine product, more innovative and original than Mario Sunshine fer sure, but MS is much more than new clothes for Mario - there are LOTS of new and fun mechanics, characters and obviously all new scenarios...

sTeVE

munkyxtc,

I use wavebirds on my GC - and have the GC inside a wooden cabinet with the door shut (its wood too) when I'm using them - and I have NO problems...

I would suspect you have either 900Mhz cordless phones in your home or your neighbours have, which is interfering with the controllers...

Try dialling in different controller numbers on the controllers and their matching recievers - as each setting is a sperate split frequency in the 900Mhz band...

If you've got 900Mhz cordless phones try turning them off, or do the right thing and upgrade to 2400Mhz phones :)

sTeVE

Got it a few days ago. About 12 or 13 Shines in.

I'm trying to play the game casuall for a change, not rush through it all in marathon sessions, but just a few shines here and there. Trying to stay light on the FAQs as well. :-)

Maybe Mario 64 already did this so there's no need to do it again, but I kind of miss how Mario 64 was such a cool update of all the great old 2D stuff. That's one of the reasons I'm such a Nintendo fanboy, their ability to call on a rich legacy of familar visual designs... In making it a single place, and tying it all into a rough island theme, Sunshine makes the whole thing a little more generic. Subworlds like Banjo-Tooie, way too much talking with random townspeople ala Zelda, etc. (Plus, some effects seem duplicated; maybe Nintendo is trying for a signature style, but hear the little "tink tink tink" of treasure from Luigi's Mansion (not to mention the whole backpack idea!), a very Zelda-like warp, etc)

So I'm liking it. The rollercoaster in the amusement park was great. Still, I can see why this game isn't the end all and be all for the system.

Several friends of mine have these and have nothing but praise for them.  I've also had the opportunity to try them out and they work great.  I just bought two tonight, so I'll let you know what I think after I've had a chance to use them for a few hours with my setup.  I also picked up Mario Sunshine, but the two stores I stopped at (Fry's and Better Buy) were sold out.  No luck on getting the PS2 Broadband adapter either.  :)

..Al

Al,

Thanks for the reply, after reading your post, I've since returned the controls, and yes they must have been defective, because you're right, THEY ROCK! I'm glad I asked questions about them.

Dave

I just stoped after two hours of gameplay. The game ROCKS TO NO END! You see, this island has been poluted by some look a like guy, he looks like you but he's clear and likes to poor sluge all over the place(like me)! When you arrive on the island from one Toadstools own plane. The islanders are pissed becouse they think you poluted the island. So after spending a day in jail you got to court. Your found guilty and have to clean up the islands. Untill then, you can't leave.

This game is really ausome! Cleaning up has never been so much fun! The graphics are really good! I would give it a 10!

I went to K Mart today to get it! Lucky me! I got a Nintendo Power stratigy guide FREE from K Mart for buying the game!

I love K-Mart.

Anyway, get the GC if you don't have one and GET THIS GAME MAN!

Thanks! You just cost me $108! I picked up Mario Sunshine and Super Monkey Ball 2 at lunch because of this thread :ponder: :P.

I have 47 :P

Awesome game, and I love the camera, despite what some people say. You can position it exactly how you want it, it just takes some time. Plus you can actually use the C-stick to make Mario turn.

I intend to finish this game before Tuesday...or at least before Atari Master. :D

A game where you do chores...

Reeeeeeel exiting  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

A game where you run around like a doofus and collect rings...

Reeeeeeel exciting :roll: :roll: :roll:

Try before you trash.

Those games are better than any game about a stupid plumber that cant keep his pants far above ass level!