IGNORED

What Xbox 360 game are you currently playing?

moycon

Tried to play some Dead Island Riptide because my son's wanted me to join them online. They like the game but I found it repetitious as hell, especially with enemies respawning every two minutes or spawning endlessly.

I'm going back to finishing The Walking Dead.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the achievements on a couple games over the weekend.

Borderlands 2 and Walking Dead 100%!!! I guess only for now on the BL2 as the new DLC coming in June will have more achievements I'm sure.

Started playing Dragon's Dogma tonight.

• Like 1

Resident Evil 6. All I heard was that this game is a cluster **** yada yada yada but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I've played every single game in the franchise and bought RE1 when it was a new release and I don't feel ''betrayed'' by Capcom. The scale of the story this series evolved into simply requires more bombastic gameplay than corridor crawling in a mansion can provide.

• Like 1

Portal 2. I bought it a while ago and I finally decided to play it. Very fun!

There are a couple spots where it's really difficult to see where you need to place a portal but that just adds to the fun.

I have found myself saying "you want me to do what!?!?" a couple times. Oh right... it doesn't matter if the character dies or falls from a really high height.

<edit>

I also spent some time playing the Devil May Cry HD collection.

I felt like I was playing a PS2 game... oh right.

Edited by JamesD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gears of War 3. Got it preowned and, to be honest, I'm glad I didn't pay full whack for it. I seem to recall having more fun with GoW 2.

The problem is that it's actually too easy. I always play first or third person shooters at the hardest level it'll give you (Insane is locked on GoW 3 until you complete the difficulty below it) because they're always based on linear story telling and I want my games to last. However, there's only been a couple of sections that have kept me locked up for more than 20 minutes.

And I'm not exactly the greatest at shooters. I won't play CoD online because I'm completely useless at it.

• 4 weeks later...

Been playing F1 2010 a lot. Haven't bothered with the later ones since I still haven't got maximum play time out of 2010. 2013 looks like it's going to be a big upgrade from 2010 so I might treat myself at Christmas.

I've also been giving the FIFA14 demo a whirl. TBH I can see myself going through a lot of smashed controllers when I get it on release day. A criticism I had of PES a few years ago was that it was TOO realistic. Now FIFA has gone the same way. So there's a lot more luck involved in your play than ever before. The number of times players will now miscontrol a pass is going to do my nut.

Finished Assassin's Creed 2 a few nights ago, so on Xbox 360 I'm now onto XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Very cool game if you're into turn based strategy games. I've been loving it. I'm playing on an easier mode now (and even then I'm starting to have problems keeping the council nations at reasonably low panic levels) but will go back and play at a higher difficulty afterwards. There's enough complexity there that I think I would have gotten beaten pretty handily had I not done that, particularly with the various base operations and item/building planning.

• 2 weeks later...

I beat Lego Batman 2 100%!!

Moved on to Fable III now. Snagged it free when MS started giving away free games every month. I like it, although it kind of buggy and the way you switch between quests, or go to level up, is kind of a pain. Maybe Im missing something there.

Anyways, I'm liking it so far. It looks like you have to hook up with other players online to get all the achievements.

I don't like when they do that. Hopefully it's no too many.

• Like 1

Grand theft auto 4. My friend just got the fifth one, so i'm playing his old copy of 4, thinking of getting my own copy, just for the sake of having my own.

Kind of odd, I don't really "like" any of the GTA games, yet I have most of them, and even played through most of them, but instead of "oh my god I'm at work and want to play when I* get home!!" nit's more of a case of "meh, I'll play if I feel like it, between bouts of playing other stuff I'm currently more interested in."

Anybody else like that?

• 3 weeks later...

Started Lost Oddessey a few nights ago. Digging it so far.

Also (and as an aside) I finally finished Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg on Gamecube tonight. Yay!!! Been trying to get past that last level for years!

Lost Odyssey was one of those games I put a lot into, got distracted, and never quite finished it. I think either I sold it or lent it… don't remember.

It was "okay" for me… maybe one reason why I got away from it.