IGNORED

gaming related podcasts?

S1500

Retronauts is back w/ a "new format" designed (hopefully) to cut down on the shouting-over/interrupting each other, which they were notoriously guilty of. & Jenn Frank is back...:ponder:

Will listen tonight, report later.

Edited by RJ

Retronauts is back w/ a "new format" designed (hopefully) to cut down on the shouting-over/interrupting each other, which they were notoriously guilty of. & Jenn Frank is back...:ponder:

Will listen tonight, report later.

IIRC Retronauts discussed stuff made before 1993 so it was actually a worthwhile listen.

The host now talks to only 1 or 2 people at a time, no more roundtable "discussion". The bulk of it was on Vandal Hearts which I skipped, the listener letter segment had lots of retro talk, even mentioned some supposedly excellent Atari 2600 pinball game I'd never heard of.

It was Jenn's farewell episode, headed to Chicago from Frisco. She had a couple ditz moments but also a couple tearjerker stories.

I'm strongly considering doing a 20-minute, bi-weekly retrogaming podcast. I'd like to do it, but it's mostly a matter of making sure can bring something new to the table. Is there anything out there you guys would LIKE in a retro podcast that isn't being done, or could be done better?

I'm strongly considering doing a 20-minute, bi-weekly retrogaming podcast. I'd like to do it, but it's mostly a matter of making sure can bring something new to the table. Is there anything out there you guys would LIKE in a retro podcast that isn't being done, or could be done better?

More stuff from the pre-NES era would be my vote. More coin-op, more early day home consoles like Intellivision, Odyssey, etc. Everything from the mid-80's and onward has been done to death.

S1500 said:

Okay, what I want you to do is read this entire thread. Take notes. Listen to my commandments of classic gaming podcasting. You know what? I'l just tell you: skip the ET on the 2600 discussion. It has been beaten to death by gaming websites. Try something fresh & original.

He's got some good ideas as to what belongs in a podcast.

Also, I'm catching up on IGN's Retro City ("Retrocity") p/casts. Didnt think the shorter ones would have much info, but they're not bad, & the host is quite professional.

Edited by RJ