IGNORED

RARE ROMs Atari Jaguar, download quicker

sergi

I'm not proud of this. But developers take a hand too for this. Their rare games are extremely VERY RARE and if regular Jaguar games cost on Ebay not more than $50, but these rare games cost about $100 or more and it is hard enough to get them.

So it was happening so - it was tremendously tempting.

Close this thread there is noting to say and no RARE ROMs here ;)

And now I'm going to make my own games :)

Edited by sergi

I liked this quote lately...

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I buy all of the Jaguar stuff because I'm insane and like to collect Atari stuff because something happened to me as a child and I became addicted to collecting Atari crap. Hah...

But, it would be nice to have access to ROMS on games that I simply cannot (and probably will not ever) get. Just so that I can play them...

I understand the argument on both sides. Although a game's copyright never technically expires, if the company goes out of business there's really no one to defend it anyway. Not that it makes it right, but by offering the ROMs, we are enabling more people the ability to play it. Honestly, the only thing we're doing by protecting ROMS is ensuring the resale value of our Atari hardware... but on a different aspect, most of the people who download roms won't be as likely to buy games anyway... it would be nice for a whole new generation of gamers to be able to play the old Jaguar games.

Of course, I totally understand Albert's resistance to allowing any roms on here. This is an excellent site, definitely not a run of the mill "gamer" site made by some punk kid that had some time after school. This is a very professional, serious, Atari web site, and the last thing he probably wants to do is get involved in something that might risk all of this.

Serious collector... I can understand that. Me too.

Would be nice to have rom images of what we have. Check. Why I support the rom images. Would be nice if people could try this stuff out.

Albert's resistance to Jaguar rom images?

You know, honestly, I don't see where the Jaguar at this point is being handled any differently than any other Atari platform.

The 2600, 7800, 5200, and Lynx all have rom images up, except for games from like Telegames or current developers.

There are some current developer demos of games up here.

I think we have decided that the Jaguar would be more or less treated the same. At one time it was a matter that the Jaguar material was not that old when this place opened up, now those games are 10-13 years old it is getting to the point where the Jaguar is not the spring chicken it used to be.

Honestly in regards to games that are not currently being sold and developed, I think the only thing keeping Albert from putting up Jaguar rom images like the other systems here is the element of time.

Albert has his life beyond this, trying set up up the AtariAge store again, a Jaguar rom library is just one of many things we can do around here.

Which is fine.

I'm just glad we've set some ground rules of does and don't on rom images, and starting to talk about ways to perfect rom loading methods that we see commonly on the other Atari systems.

I'm not proud of this. But developers take a hand too for this. Their rare games are extremely VERY RARE and if regular Jaguar games cost on Ebay not more than $50, but these rare games cost about $100 or more and it is hard enough to get them.

So it was happening so - it was tremendously tempting.

Oh well thats OK then - so LONG as its TEMPTING! [/sarcasm] :roll:

Apparently you yield to all your temptations?

Criminal type much?

Close this thread there is noting to say and no RARE ROMs here ;)

You're saying you WILL pirate more - you're saying it WILL be current/recent devs work - you're directly in violation of the rules of the forum.

And now I'm going to make my own games :)

Oh YEs i just can't wait for Sergi's Tic Tac Toe or Paint Drying Simulator :roll:

With one or two exceptions the games are still freely available (from oriiginal devs, publishers, 1632 etc) - you can lie all you want about it to try to justify yourself.

It has been made perfectly clear in the past from devs, publishers and sellers, that whilst the existing ROMS were a problem and unfortunate the release of the post-atari ROMs would constitute a particular concern which may lead to many leaving the Jag community.

Is this perhaps the time?

I dont think that free ROMs can make some obstacles for developing new games for Jaguar.

It may be makes but for Nintendo games, especially NDS or Advance platform. When it is not so hard to play them on emulator or via flash cart. And jaguar's emulation I've sad is too bad, it's not possible to play them, but you may just look at the game - it is like an advertisement.

Real Jaguar fan will buy a new Jaguar cart - I will for example. :)

• Like 1

I dont think that free ROMs can make some obstacles for developing new games for Jaguar.

Most developers who take time to create something for people do NOT want it spread around the internet for free. I'm talking about full games and not mini-games.

When they're spread around the internet for free, it demotivates them to create new software if it's only going to be pirated.

THAT is the obstacle that comes when we start distributing roms derived from the hard work of coders who have either developed jag games in the past or who plan on it in the future.

It is not difficult to understand.

Let's put it simply:

- Some developers do NOT want roms of their games out there for free. They have said it time and time again.

- If it becomes a big issue, some have said they will discontinue development of future games.

Do the math.

It may be makes but for Nintendo games, especially NDS or Advance platform. When it is not so hard to play them on emulator or via flash cart. And jaguar's emulation I've sad is too bad, it's not possible to play them, but you may just look at the game - it is like an advertisement.

Real Jaguar fan will buy a new Jaguar cart - I will for example. :)

I 'd rather not sell you one knowing you like to post them at will.

I, being a Jaguar developer DO NOT appreciate the likes of you

justifying your theft. If I release a game for the Jaguar I do NOT

want to see it posted all over the place.

This is why you WONT see any new games from us outside of Mad

Bodies and Mighty Frog. After that, our games will be serialized.

We will know who posted them because you will have a unique

digital ID.

Honesty encourages but dishonesty leaves people without new

games for their DEAD systems.

Think about it.

Oh, perhaps you should join Jagware. They seem to be right up your ally.

Edited by Gorf

Sergi, I don't understand how you can behave so ignorantly. Unless this is some kind of joke to piss people off, you must realize that as a fan of the system it may not be a good idea to threaten the remaining developers. You act as if it doesn't matter, but if someone is going to release a new game and you announce to dump the games and "generously" give them to the community, don't you think it will hurt development? And what for? I'd rather pay a few dollars more or not own some older game than see new development dying. Sure there are some game which are hard to get but that's life.

Do yourself a favour and get on coding those games you were talking about and leave the work of others alone.

• Like 1