IGNORED

ANTIC, A.N.A.L.O.G. pdf's...

dwhyte

Just got mine today. Awesome package. Here's a disk directory in WinXP of the issues:

Sweet! I like the thumbnail view.. I do everything with text only so I had not viewed it like that..

You can adjust the thumbnail size in TweakUI. I changed mine to 160 pixels (normally 96). Even better for browsing issues :D, plus allows you to see the full filename, for long names, without single-clicking:

post-6369-1232244426_thumb.jpg

I received my copy today, and this is great! I've created a torrent and I am seeding it. I think. This is the first time I've tried to seed a torrent and I don't know if I did everything correctly or not. I've called the torrent "Antic Magazine Scans PDFs". Hopefully this will work... I'm seeding it now.

Ok, try here:

http://thepiratebay.org/user/sjefferson22

Edited by Shawn Jefferson

Okay, well, before I get to it, I'll check back here to see if you've finished it, so post if you get it all. I won't get to it until Monday, but then I'll look into the MediaFire thing. Thanks for the info.

Great news. One of them finally finished. Woo woo! :cool:

Funny thing is it wasn't the 2nd one I found (that was still chugging along). It was the first one that has been stalled with no seeders for like the last 5 days. Apparently kicked in last night with a vengance. :ponder:

Oh well, no worries here anymore. :)

Quick plug: The Analog scans are done.. While I am finishing up the disk ATRs, etc. I want to get ready to scan the next magazine. I am hoping to do AtariUser magazine (The American version) next. I still need two of the magazines to make it a complete set.

Details: http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19385

Edited by ThumpNugget

Okay, well, before I get to it, I'll check back here to see if you've finished it, so post if you get it all. I won't get to it until Monday, but then I'll look into the MediaFire thing. Thanks for the info.

Great news. One of them finally finished. Woo woo! :cool:

Funny thing is it wasn't the 2nd one I found (that was still chugging along). It was the first one that has been stalled with no seeders for like the last 5 days. Apparently kicked in last night with a vengance. :ponder:

Oh well, no worries here anymore. :)

Okay, well good deal! I was just checking this thread again before I jumped on the MediaFire thing.

14 peers on the Antic torrent now, so I guess it's working. :)

Thumpnugget, are you going to offer some discs of the Analog magazine as well? I'd be interested and will post it up as a torrent like the Antic ones.

It's a great thing you are doing for the community here... thanks!

I'd be interested to see the Canadian ROM magazine, but I suspect that it will be difficult to find all the mags (and more difficult to find someone willing to chop the binding off of them.)

Edited by Shawn Jefferson

Thumpnugget, are you going to offer some discs of the Analog magazine as well? I'd be interested and will post it up as a torrent like the Antic ones.

As far as the ANALOGS.. They should be ready to go here pretty quick.. Another week or so. I'm still waiting to get the OK from ANALOG folks as well. I noticed they gave a guy from Japan the OK to put the ANALOG PDFs up on the web a few months back so I am optimistic :)

I'd like to see the ROMs scanned... I've yet to run across any so unless someone want to cough some up....

Edited by ThumpNugget

what archive is that (link please ;) )?

D-Bug a8 Archive

It's slowly growing - we had some issues with our hosting company thinking we were trying to install a torrent tracker (doh!) but we've got the green light to basically host whatever we want there.

We're currently working on the ST archive as well, but we hope to expand both with anything and everything we can find.

more info at: The D-Bug Website

Edited by CyranoJ

As far as the ANALOGS.. They should be ready to go here pretty quick.. Another week or so. I'm still waiting to get the OK from ANALOG folks as well. I noticed they gave a guy from Japan the OK to put the ANALOG PDFs up on the web a few months back so I am optimistic :)

I'd like to see the ROMs scanned... I've yet to run across any so unless someone want to cough some up....

Love a copy of the ANALOGs to go with my ANTICs. :)

Can you give a link to where you saw this mentioned?

Allan

Can you give a link to where you saw this mentioned?

Allan

Here is the email he has posted on his site. I thought the date was 2008, looking at it now I realize it is 2006 *eek*:

To: "H.F.KOWATARI" <hfkowata[at]n03.itscom.net>

Cc: Jon Bell <xxxxxxx[at]xxxxxxx.net>, Tom Hudson <xxxxxxxxx[at]xxxxxx.com>, Brian Moriarty <xxxx[at]xxxxx.com>

Subject: Re: [ANALOG Computing] Scanning the Magazines --- asking for your permission.

Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:02:58 -0400

X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.752.2)

Hello Hidehiko,

Thank you for contacting me. If you would to scan the issues of

ANALOG and post them on the web, that is OK with me. Thanks for

keeping the ATARI & ANALOG dream alive!

Is this the site you spoke of?

www.cyberroach.com/analog

Also check out:

http://analog.klanky.com

Regards,

-Lee

If you do a google search on "kowatari pappas" it pops right up.. This guy has about half the ANALOGs already up for download though he doesn't seem to have any plans on doing the first 30 issues or so... He has been scanning them one page at a time by hand for some time..

Edited by ThumpNugget

I too want to be put down for a set of Analog cd's.

Also here's a vote for Compute magazine. I used to love reading it. I know it covered more than just the Atari, but that was part of the beauty. You could keep an eye on everything.

Reading through these old magazines really does bring back some memories. Simpler times I guess. We didn't have the internet. Hell, I remember teaching myself to program using magazines and the example programs before I had even received the computer. I was so excited to finally get the 800 I coudn't stand it. I didn't even have a cassette, so all of the programs I wrote on paper, I had to type in and test, and then they were gone when I was done. I was so glad to finally get a storage device.

I didn't even have a cassette, so all of the programs I wrote on paper, I had to type in and test, and then they were gone when I was done. I was so glad to finally get a storage device.

Dang, that's hard-core right there. :D I probably would have done it too, if I had been interested in programming before getting the machine. Luckily, I became interested after we had already gotten a cassette, and damned glad when it (cassette) was retired not too long afterward. Ahhh, the joy of getting your first disk drive(s) (a pair of 1050's for me). Man, was I happy...

If you do a google search on "kowatari pappas" it pops right up.. This guy has about half the ANALOGs already up for download though he doesn't seem to have any plans on doing the first 30 issues or so... He has been scanning them one page at a time by hand for some time..

http://www.pontarohbay.mydns.jp/~frank/ana...ting/index.html

Regards

I too want to be put down for a set of Analog cd's.

Also here's a vote for Compute magazine. I used to love reading it. I know it covered more than just the Atari, but that was part of the beauty. You could keep an eye on everything.

Reading through these old magazines really does bring back some memories. Simpler times I guess. We didn't have the internet. Hell, I remember teaching myself to program using magazines and the example programs before I had even received the computer. I was so excited to finally get the 800 I coudn't stand it. I didn't even have a cassette, so all of the programs I wrote on paper, I had to type in and test, and then they were gone when I was done. I was so glad to finally get a storage device.

Hehe, I also used to type stuff in from Antic and Compute! with no storage device. Sometimes I'd leave the machine on for long periods of time so I could continue to use it. And yep, getting a storage device was the best thing I could do.

The things we did back then for fun..... :)

~telengard

I received my copy today, and this is great! I've created a torrent and I am seeding it. I think. This is the first time I've tried to seed a torrent and I don't know if I did everything correctly or not. I've called the torrent "Antic Magazine Scans PDFs". Hopefully this will work... I'm seeding it now.

Ok, try here:

http://thepiratebay.org/user/sjefferson22

This still has a lot of peers :( , but is seriously in need of a seeder ;) .