IGNORED

VideoBoard XE released!

Mathy

Electron said he could produce next batch of VBXEs. He is looking for new DAC (CXD1178 for example) to install in the place of HI1178 used in video board now. However, he would like to avoid VBXE assembling and he plans to charge somebody with this work. He also considers VBXE as 100% external device, but in this case 3 wires are needed between VBXE and Atari.

So are these actually for sale, or what?

I have been trying to get an answer, and wondering if someone is going to manufacture these since all the information is available to build them.

Something I am wondering about the memory on the VBXE, what happens if you already have a 130XE and try using the 320K Rambo mode?

If I get a hold of one, would seriously consider porting a few of my own game projects to a VBXE version. I might start several others.

Something I am wondering about the memory on the VBXE, what happens if you already have a 130XE and try using the 320K Rambo mode?

I have 130XE + VBXE

VBXE have 4 banks for core, select bank with core 320KB and any others RAM expansion will be ignored, select bank with core without 320KB and you have own old RAM expansion

Tezz, I guess it will be a polish version when checking Atariarea forums.
Hi Heaven, yea I thought that too. I'm keeping an eye on all the Polish sites for any news :) I guessed yesterday after looking around that the official website might have info but... nothing so far.

I'm looking forward to getting into this. I will be installing a real VBXE in my XE but having the addition of emulation too is the most convenient to develop projects and also essential for me to work on projects away from home on the laptop.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news about a ready to wire in VBXE? I´m looking forward to bye one.

I want one in my 130 XE, but I can´t assemble the whole board by myselves - I´m not that familiar in soldering a whole board togehter...

Edited by pps

• 3 months later...

then you need to wait till end of march i'm affride, cause i wont find the time to finish with redesign of the board...

meanwhile documentation is being translated into english, so everyone could use, and emulator support for FX core is added to one of atari emulators

for actual production run - this may take a little longer - end of april perhaps... will see...

then you need to wait till end of march i'm affride, cause i wont find the time to finish with redesign of the board...

meanwhile documentation is being translated into english, so everyone could use, and emulator support for FX core is added to one of atari emulators

for actual production run - this may take a little longer - end of april perhaps... will see...

I too am looking forward to this, its a great project please keep us all posted....