IGNORED

VideoBoard XE released!

Mathy

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster. :-o I would LOVE one of these, I'm super excited about the VideoBoard. I'm located up north in the land of the maple leaf. Canada's just about as far from Poland as you can get, and well I don't think I know a single person who speaks Polish, so I'm hoping that this will be available from an English-speaking distributor in the near future. I have a feeling that if nothing else, the Atari Fan Store might pick up the projects for resale. I've never seen someone mention them on this forum, they're a group that sells Polish Atari equipment to English speakers. They're located at http://afs.atari.org/index.html for those unaware of them. I'm going to e-mail them right now and ask if they have any plans to resell the VBXE. Oh and by the way, glad to make my first post here in this lovely community, I've been lurking so long I feel like I know you all already. Thanks for making me feel welcome. ;)

I would like to buy one. This is what everybody needs; sprites;sprites and even more...

MrKaczorsky have a problem with sold 65XE + VBXE : http://allegro.pl/item569131877_atari_65xe_z_vbxe.html

There is a problem with this one being sold? or did you mean he needs to sell his own set-up due to unforseen circumstances?

What's the cost in Euros?

I would like to buy one. This is what everybody needs; sprites;sprites and even more...

MrKaczorsky have a problem with sold 65XE + VBXE : http://allegro.pl/item569131877_atari_65xe_z_vbxe.html

There is a problem with this one being sold? or did you mean he needs to sell his own set-up due to unforseen circumstances?

What's the cost in Euros?

He means that the guy has a problem selling it (i.e. noone wanted to buy). The exchange rate is ~4,6 PLN for 1 EU. The price seems fair considering that the VBXE alone costs ~300 PLN, and there's yet SIO2SD, and the computer itself.

I'm really sorry if I offended you candle. Boy do I feel stupid, my first post and I've already offended a respected member of the community :( I wouldn't mind picking up that 65XE being sold, but truth be told I would probably pull the VBXE and put it in my modified XEGS instead.

TheRouge: you shouldn't be worried that much, firstly, i don't think i'm respected, or should be respected in community - don't have that much to offer to it, secondly how could you be awear of any personal issues between me and that shop owner? i won't be selling stuff 3-4 times that it cost in poland just because "the market differs", this is unfair, and i won't be any part of this

Atari discussed here on Allegro is fully functional unit, second time on the auction, noone wants it, because it is fairly expensive piece of equipment considering what people earn here in poland, and having familly to feed, bills to pay its not easy to buy atari for such price (in layman terms: ones wife would force her loving husband to eat that atari for the rest of the year)

i won't be selling stuff 3-4 times that it cost in poland just because "the market differs", this is unfair, and i won't be any part of this

Now that you explain it that way candle, I don't think I would have any part of that either. I wasn't aware that the owner was selling those devices for that much markup. I think that's disgusting! I was going to order something from him, but now forget it! Thanks for the heads up candle. So you mentioned that it will probably be available in the English market at the end of April? Any idea what kind of price you will be putting on it?

i'm only lowly technican to make the layout and do few cosmetic changes, not the one that should be in any way credited for vbxe board, and most certainly not the one, who should talk about prices

chips used in production are somewhat costy, will see - it will be reasonable to quality the board will offer

as for atari fun store - everyone has the right to choose, this is free market, and prices are dicated by free competition