IGNORED

Anyone have an opened, unmodded FB2?

In other words, am I the only person who uses the FB2 as an FB2 excusively?

I know a bunch of you bought extras to keep them in the box(I would have, but didn't have the cash), and some of you bought seconds/thirds so you'd have one to modify.

I now have a working 2600, 5200, and 7800. I didn't need to modify my FB2(although I did entertain the idea before I knew my 2600 wasn't shot... and I didn't have the 7800 yet).

I'm glad it was made "chopable", since many of us may have needed to do it, or just wanted to for the sake of "doing it".

We have one set up at a TV for visiting kids to play since it's dummy-proof. But if legacyengineer.com makes a new Atari 2600 clone within the next year or two, I'll be buying a few of those and a few Chimera cartridges and the FB2 will get packed up.

I have one and I take it out now and then. I have real bad luck with 2600's (been through about 3 of them) so the only working original 2600 I have is a heavy sixer and I keep it stored because I am afraid to wear it out!!! When I get a 2600 urge, I pull out the FB2, unfortunately many of the games I yearn for aren't on it... :-( I know Curt actually tried, but I wished he succeeded in getting Bezerk on the FB2, man would that be awesome, also the original Asteroids instead of the ugly one would of been nice, but I am not complaining the FB2 is awesome and well worth what I paid at QVC when it came out. It's also the best thing from Atari since the Jaguar, although I do like N+ for the Nintendo DS. :-)

At Legacy we have so many of them we use them as doorstops, parking spot markers, balls for pickup soccer games, frisbees, and even the occasional fort. The best is when Curt and I stand on highway overpasses and chuck them over at unsuspecting cars screaming "Have you played Atari today f***ers?!?!?!"

At Legacy we have so many of them we use them as doorstops, parking spot markers, balls for pickup soccer games, frisbees, and even the occasional fort. The best is when Curt and I stand on highway overpasses and chuck them over at unsuspecting cars screaming "Have you played Atari today f***ers?!?!?!"

The fun is back, indeed.

Which overpass? What time? What day?

Shit, if you are tossing free FB2's, I'm all OVER that! :P ;)

(Sure, I'll use them.... give some to friends, get them interested(read: hooked on Atari games, and soon enough, collecting)

Shit, if you are tossing free FB2's, I'm all OVER that! :P ;)

(Sure, I'll use them.... give some to friends, get them interested(read: hooked on Atari games, and soon enough, collecting)

You fool, never get your friends collecting, that just makes for more competition for finding games! You need to convince them that games are worthless, and you would be glad to take them off their hands. ;)