IGNORED

eBay Traffic Plummeting

phaxda

What's Old Is New Again On . . . .

Vendoogle.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________

Vendoogle.com is Launched & Live! If you are registered on ChaseTheChuckwagon.com then you are already registered on Vendoogle.com. All feedback and discount levels (if you are fortunate to have bought or won a Lifetime Seller Membership) will transfer to the new site so you can start listing and selling right away.

A Chuckwagon memberwide email went out with all the details. Two great sites, only one registration. That's what it's all about.

http://www.Vendoogle.com

I haven't bought anything at auction for awhile until last week, but a contrast/compare of just the one from ebay and the one from ctcw:

ebay: wrapped two CIB 2600 games in PAPER. Just wrapped them up in paper, taped it, and mailed it! Needless to say, they were crushed and dented. And charged me several dollars over the shipping cost for the privilege. I have never left neg feedback on ebay (even some times when I should have), but probably will in this case. Edit, didn't bother, I think we've both learned lessons from this (mine being stay away from ebay unless it's someone from this board that I can probably trust!)

ctcw: put the CIB 2600 game in a small box, a perfect size, and padded a little bit... arrived perfect. Shipping costs were appropriate.

This is the difference between buying from collectors on a quality auction site (ctcw) and buying from a lot of the idiots on ebay. I will be staying even more clear of ebay in the future.

Edited by Mirage1972

I see this regularly from ebay. Too many people just trying to make a buck and not really delivering the goods in a proper manner like a collector would. It does not cost that much more, just some attention to detail.

I am done with ebay. I should have specified beforehand that it should be shipped in an outer protective box like I usually do, but didn't bother this time.

Edited by Mirage1972

I see this regularly from ebay. Too many people just trying to make a buck and not really delivering the goods in a proper manner like a collector would. It does not cost that much more, just some attention to detail.

I know exactly what you mean. I use CTCW because I know its fellow collectors who know how something should be packaged. I haven't used ebay much in the last couple of years. Just this week I bought some things but only because the seller was local and I could examine the items and pick them up myself.

I am done with ebay. I should have specified beforehand that it should be shipped in an outer protective box like I usually do, but didn't bother this time.

I know how you feel. I sent STGuy1040 a new 2600 Ms Pacman from the the free thread. I put it in a box that protected an Apple bluetooth keyboard. It did not cost me anything. Since he wanted a NIB item, I thought it may be for a collection. I so I sent it properly packaged. It may have cost me the difference between 6oz FCM and 5oz FCM. Just a few pennies and the customer is happy. I guess they do not need repeat customers.

I'm not really big on the name Vendoogle but more power to you, Mike!

I'm not a fan of this name either. Not because it sounds like a google rip off but because it just doesn't good. As Mike said don't take it to mean I don't wish you good luck with it but if business lags a bit you may want to consider a name change.

Even that's not a guarantee unless it's something the seller agreed to before the auction ended. Simply astounds me that people can ship boxed games in an envelope (bubble or otherwise) and not expect them to get crushed.

..Al

I have news for you, "oogle" isn't even a word, you're thinking of "ogle", "oogle" is obviously reminiscent of "Google" and even if they didn't have a leg to stand on, they could lawyer you to death. And they will, mark my words. Especially when they are exploring starting their own auction website themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely rooting for you, that's why I hate to see you spend money and energy on a name you will have to abandon.

(Dumb name, besides. But that's just my opinion... Reminds me of boondoggle.)

I concur.

Vendoogle doesn't sound appealing and doesn't exactly roll of the tongue either.

Yep, it kind of sucks and it's a pain in the butt to change the name once you have all kinds of people linking to your web site. There are still people that link to The Fortress of infinitude (my old Homestead web site that started out free) and refuse to update their pages and change it to Random Terrain. Looks like they'll have the wrong name and address forever.

I can't think of a single factor that hasn't contributed to their decline.

Well said.

They won't take money orders any more so they obviously don't want my business. I survived many years without ebay before it came along, and I can do so again. Instead of getting a few extra dollars from me in paypal fees they will be getting less money from me in lost final value fees.

Sellers can accept money orders, you just cant say it in the auction. We have people email us and sure we take them, not everyone is in great shape or has a credit card. No skin off my nose to be paid that way.

Even that's not a guarantee unless it's something the seller agreed to before the auction ended. Simply astounds me that people can ship boxed games in an envelope (bubble or otherwise) and not expect them to get crushed.

..Al

Yep, we even ship new toner carts in another box in case the person is reselling the toner.

I know how you feel. I sent STGuy1040 a new 2600 Ms Pacman from the the free thread. I put it in a box that protected an Apple bluetooth keyboard. It did not cost me anything. Since he wanted a NIB item, I thought it may be for a collection. I so I sent it properly packaged. It may have cost me the difference between 6oz FCM and 5oz FCM. Just a few pennies and the customer is happy. I guess they do not need repeat customers.

Ms. Pacman arrived today and I can't thank you enough. The packaging you used was incredible! Yup, it's for my collection so the added protection in the box really made a big difference! I wish other sellers (i.e. from EBay) would take this into consideration when shipping their items. I've had items arrive in damaged boxes or unpadded envelops; talk about frustrating! Some EBay sellers don’t get it when you complain about it either.

On the topic of ebay traffic plummeting, I'm not so sure.

Could be shilling going on here too. :ponder:

Yeah.... look at some of the problems with that one..... Item is located in Phoenix AZ..... with shipping TO the US? Also, what was that C$ thing up there? Doesn't that usually mean Canadian $?

On the topic of ebay traffic plummeting, I'm not so sure.

Could be shilling going on here too. :ponder:

Yeah.... look at some of the problems with that one..... Item is located in Phoenix AZ..... with shipping TO the US? Also, what was that C$ thing up there? Doesn't that usually mean Canadian $?

Take a look at the URL, it's from the eBay Canada site. :)

..Al

That's just because the link is to eBay Canada. Change ".ca" to ".com" in the address to see the eBay US listing.

edit: Al's quick!

Edited by lemoncurry